Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good Music in Miami

Guest Revinant

Guest Revinant

Is there any nice bar/club in Dade-Broward that has good taste in NEW electronic music, that has no people that knows shit & only wants to get fucked? I dont mind to be with 30 people as long theres good music. Im tired of those kids that has no clue what theyre listening to & please dont tell me Murk, I think they have horrible taste in music.

I like basicly a blend Tech House & Prog House.

Heres two of my latest sets.

http://www.sjunkes.com/audio/midnight%20perverts--dec%20mix.mp3

http://www.sjunkes.com/audio/tmp/The_Midnight_Perverts-January_Mix.mp3

Any recommendations????

Feel free to ad me to your msn list. Would like to have some friends in the electronic scene around here. I moved to Miami like a year & 1/2, so Im practicly new. All the friends I have here either listen to rock, gothic or reggaeton but no electronic. So, I need a hand.

Im a producer, my tunes got spinned by people like danny howells, cattaneo, warren, pappa, etc. So if anyone makes music & wants to produce some with me let me know.

lomero@hotmail.com

thanks

Revinant/S.Junkes/The Midnight Perverts

www.sjunkes.com

www.onlyrecords.com

Guest coach

Shine and Blue I think are your most likely candidates. There are other places that have the the occasional "underground" party, too, with some young DJs. Though most of those are advertised here, so I'm not sure exactly how underground you count that.

Guest pod

I'm sure your productions are fine and dandy, but you don't get far in this biz by insulting one of the top production teams in town...

Here's how I would have posted...

I like basicly a blend Tech House & Prog House.

Heres two of my latest sets.

Any recommendations????

Feel free to ad me to your msn list. Would like to have some friends in the electronic scene around here. I moved to Miami like a year & 1/2, so Im practicly new. All the friends I have here either listen to rock, gothic or reggaeton but no electronic. So, I need a hand.

Im a producer, my tunes got spinned by people like danny howells, cattaneo, warren, pappa, etc. So if anyone makes music & wants to produce some with me let me know.

lomero@hotmail.com

thanks

Revinant/S.Junkes/The Midnight Perverts

www.sjunkes.com

www.onlyrecords.com

Basically eliminate the first paragraph. I mean, you're free to rip on people, I just don't consider it good business.

Guest Revinant

I know u might like Murk, dont take so personal, just said I THINK THEY SUCK!!! Same as u might say country, polka or any other kind of music is horrible.

chill

Guest pod

Well, to be honest, Oscar and Ralph are personal friends of mine, but even if they weren't, I wouldn't advise saying that about them or anyone else as a way of introduction...just isn't really tactful if you know what I mean.

Just a bit of advice.

Guest pod

;D

I might give it a listen, but if I was a booking agent I would think twice. Again, he could have said Cedric, Ivano, Roland, Shawn, Juan, or George and I would have said the same thing. Ripping on someone as a matter of introduction just isn't hip.

Guest ramon

bring me a cd on thursday @ cafeteria </plug> , first of all slating people is not the way to get attention in this town unless you want negative attention.im a total music geek and i have refrences on good music.you should really see where murk started and see how much they have influenced people and continue to do so .. and oscar and ralph play 'tech-house/techno' as well .. so i don't know how you can say they suck if you are playing the same music. good luck with your productions and djing, but work on the PR bit.

Guest tres-b

Oh, and before their biggest promoter jumps in, there's always www.euphoriaproject.org.

I clicked the link...couldnt help myself and here is what I found today...

Thread Title: Makeshift Glowsticks

I was just remembering some of the different things we used to use for glowstiks if we couldnt get a hold of some real ones... The first thing that comes to mind is when my friends and I used to take the biggest glowstars off our bedroom walls and "charge" them in the blacklight, then turn it off and dance for like two minutes before we had to charge them again! and then there was always those little extensions people had on the end of their cell phone antennaes w/all the blinking different color lights. Basicly anything that would flash, blink or glow I guess...Goodtimes...

Guest sross

S-Junkes rock. The release on Only was fantastic. However, there is more to it than drums and percussion so it won't go down too well in Miami.

Guest lyrik

bring me a cd on thursday @ cafeteria </plug> , first of all slating people is not the way to get attention in this town unless you want negative attention.im a total music geek and i have refrences on good music.you should really see where murk started and see how much they have influenced people and continue to do so .. and oscar and ralph play 'tech-house/techno' as well .. so i don't know how you can say they suck if you are playing the same music. good luck with your productions and djing, but work on the PR bit.

its all about respect...I am not into the murk sound too much myself...but it doesn't mean I cannot appreciate what they do...just look where Oscar was last Saturday for a good portion of the night...standing right behind Farina in the booth at Shine...respect - its a 2-way street.

Guest Seb

its all about respect...I am not into the murk sound too much myself...but it doesn't mean I cannot appreciate what they do...just look where Oscar was last Saturday for a good portion of the night...standing right behind Farina in the booth at Shine...respect - its a 2-way street.

true that my friend ;D

Guest davidgandy

Hi My name is Dave Gandy and i'm a dj and lighting dood from chicago. I recently moved to miami from bristol england where i lived for 3 years. i am looking to break into the scene and perhaps help it grow with the aid of my past experiences.

i currently work at crobar as a tech, i have played so far for "the next generation" at boom box and "A" bar down on 2nd and washington. my style includes old school house like acid traxs, afro cuban sounds, underground disco, tech house <ala jt donaldson ,lil mark, classic label stuff, chateau flight, pepe bradock, 20 20 vision, mazi and many others>, jazz n groove and mood evoking, jazzy flavored house as well as vocals, my favorite singer at the moment is stephanie cook and dawn tallman, if you aint heard, you better hear!!!!. im looking to play any or a combination of these house genres around town. i have recent mixes that i can email you if you provide an address, my address is

djdavegandy@hotmail.com

i understand the discussion in this thread because i had a similar experience in england. coming from chicago i felt that i knew the deal with house and that the other scenes were just fakin!!!!! the music there wasnt my favorite but it was good to see people enjoying themselves to one groove. it taught me to be thankfull of my knowledge and experiences and to always be the best i could be and not worry or exude wasted energy on what someone else is into. if they have a crowd...... end of story!!!

my mission is to find those who like MY sound and a VENUE that is willing to support my sound.

you can have 20 different djs playing the exact same records in order and it will sound different everytime...... thats the beauty of djing!!!! it really moves from the heart and mind thru the fingers and out to the system. those who know, know.............

so promoters, dj's, enthuiasts, anyone who wants some music, get at me and ill send it along....

peace, prosperity and good health to you all!!!!!

dave gandy

Guest Revinant

People. chill, I simply dont like them. Based on the time I went to Made in Miami, I must say theyre mixing skills are good, but the music is horrible for me. I never disrespect nobody, I just said I dont like their taste in music. Oscar G by himself is diferent, dunno about Ralph, havent heard him. But as in Murk, I respect them & their music career but I dont like them. Im not saying that my music is the ultimate shit & u have to listen to it. Im not saying that Im right & your wrong. Lets say that Im not in to dancing music, Im more in to listening music. So please people chill.

Am I wrong?

Thanks S.Ross, are you coming on wmc?

Thanks Vitaliy, might be perfoming live with that project on the wmc week. Did u heard my remix of Rousbeh Delavari - Think Inspiration?????

Ramon, try to download these sets. When I play music I do it in ableton so Im practicly not a dj, Im in to live performing with synths, fx, loops & shit.

http://www.sjunkes.com/music.htm

If you are interested please let me know. lomero@hotmail.com

Lets end this discussion, please, just let me know where to go to find some music thats apropiate for me.

thanks

Guest Vitaliy

Thanks Vitaliy, might be perfoming live with that project on the wmc week. Did u heard my remix of Rousbeh Delavari - Think Inspiration?????

yup! heard the unmastered version and it sounded great!

will definitely play this in the next couple of months 8)

Guest davidgandy

yo i feel that revinant..

im most chiled right now.... to the upmost........

are you chilled? maxin? lounging? koolin?

haha no sweat...its all good!!!!

peace