Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Spanish anyone!

Guest refresh

Guest pod

I'll gladly respect that people want to keep their native language alive, but on the other tack, I would also say you should make an effort to learn the accepted language of the land you are in.

Technically, English is not an official language here. The US does not have one. This is a stickler of an issue that comes up every so often.

Guest Chica

Centrino u are just nosy and want to know everything is going on around u lol ........j/k. if you live in Miami i recommend you learn some spanish, yeah ok we are in America but spanish people pretty much run this city and i dont think is going to change, why? because they dont see the need to because the majority speaks it so why learn english....they should because that would open more doors for them but some people are too lazy, feel they are too old to learn and is hard for them or just dont care....

Guest swirlundergrounder

Hell I'm Asian and I can't understand English or Spanish. My last name is even Spanish...LOL

SUX for me...LOL

Incredible how I can type English so eloquently without understanding it... :P

Guest pod

Centrino u are just nosy and want to know everything is going on around u lol ........j/k. if you live in Miami i recommend you learn some spanish, yeah ok we are in America but spanish people pretty much run this city and i dont think is going to change, why? because they dont see the need to because the majority speaks it so why learn english....they should because that would open more doors for them but some people are too lazy, feel they are too old to learn and is hard for them or just dont care....

Playing devil's advocate here.

Why should someone have to learn the language that isn't the accepted language of the country? It'd be like me moving to Germany and having to learn French to get along. On the same tack, if I moved to Germany, you bet I'd go the extra mile to at least be conversant in German.

The good thing about this country is we don't demand cultural conformity on an official level. The bad thing is we make it too easy for people to get away with not learning the de facto language of the land. For any immigrant it is very easy for them to fade into their respective Chinatown/Little Havana/Little Haiti/Little Moscow/Little Newark and not have to learn the accepted local language at all. For entry I would at least demand a working knowledge of English.

And that is what scares a lot of bigger business away from Miami other than for establishing their Latin American office. They don't want to have to establish a big office down here only to realize that the workforce they are potentially hiring may or may not have a decent grasp of the de facto official language of the country, which is English.

Guest Chica

hey I never said is ok not to learn english, I was just talking about what i see and the reality of it.... I 100% agree that spanish people should learn english...

Guest swirlundergrounder

hey I never said is ok not to learn english, I was just talking about what i see and the reality of it.... I 100% agree that spanish people should learn english...

Well this all doesn't matter since all you MOFO's kids (the next generation be it English or Spanish speaking) need to learn how to speak Chinese!

Guest swirlundergrounder

hahaha i want to learn chinese...but it looks really hard

Actually English is the one of the hardest languages to learn! I'm sure Chinese is up there!

I used to work with this British guy for about 6 months. I never heard him speak anything but English. Then one day some of his Chinese friends came by our work and he started busting out speaking Chinese fluently. It was shocking. No where in all the conversations I ever had with the guy did he mention that he spoke Chinese.

Schools in 33 states have Chinese in their programs.

you just summed up the reason why there are few fortune 500 companies based in Miami...

Guest LeVeL

Hey it is, what it is the United States has always been a Country made of immigrants anyways. It isn't like the Spaniards or Englishmen were born here. They came here discovered America, a land where Indians were here first and imposed their languages to the Indians.

When the Spaniards and English came here theye never tried to learn how to speak like an Indian they instead spoke their native tongue. Same things tend to happen to this day in this day in age.

Guest lyrik

Next time you see them doing this in person ask them nicely to please stop speaking Mexican...they LUV it!

Guest HouseJunkie

Next time you see them doing this in person ask them nicely to please stop speaking Mexican...they LUV it!

;D

Guest Cosmigonon

Hey it is' date=' what it is the United States has always been a Country made of immigrants anyways. It isn't like the Spaniards or Englishmen were born here. They came here discovered America, a land where Indians were here first and imposed their languages to the Indians.

When the Spaniards and English came here theye never tried to learn how to speak like an Indian they instead spoke their native tongue. Same things tend to happen to this day in this day in age.

[/quote']

Brilliant!! ;D

Hell I'm Asian and I can't understand English or Spanish. My last name is even Spanish...LOL

SUX for me...LOL

Incredible how I can type English so eloquently without understanding it... :P

i thought u would refer yourself to 95% flip & 5% spaniard lol

that seems to be the pattern for some asian ppl, for example viet ppl...ask most viet chicks and they'll tell you "oh im 95% viet & 5% french"...2 ex's of mine were viet :P

hahaha i want to learn chinese...but it looks really hard

ne how ma? aka how are you in mandarin

mai how ma? aka how are you in cantonese

depends who you're speaking to and where in China they are from, some can speak both, which are quite similar..

see not so hard

...next thing u know you'll be eating DimSums...mmm

just make sure to always say "chi chi" aka thank you

;)

Guest Cosmigonon

Being a "newbie" excuse me if this was already adressed.

i know that this is Miami, but i think it's really annoying & kinda rude to those of us who ONLY understand ENGLISH, to try & figure out what the hell other people post in SPANISH or another foriegn language, thats where pm's come in handy.

If i'm the only one then i guess it sux for me.......REALLY SUX!!

Actually, you're the 1st person ever to adress this issue here on these boards.

I've been working with greeks for the past 3 years, and even though I'm far from understanding most of it, I've learned some words and phrases, and it hasn't hurt me or anything, maybe you'll learn a little spanish here and there just by reading these boards; I msyelf try to get the gist of the portuguese or pixelspchreck when some people post in it, you know...

Besides, half the people here know spanish, so no need to send pm's... ;)

i know that this is Miami, but i think it's really annoying & kinda rude to those of us who ONLY understand ENGLISH, to try & figure out what the hell other people post in SPANISH or another foriegn language, thats where pm's come in handy.

I've been working with greeks for the past 3 years, and even though I'm far from understanding most of it, I've learned some words and phrases, and it hasn't hurt me or anything, maybe you'll learn a little spanish here and there just by reading these boards; I msyelf try to get the gist of the portuguese or pixelspchreck when some people post in it, you know...

Vai se fude sua bicha!

that means have a nice day :P

Guest Cosmigonon

Vai se fude sua bicha!

that means have a nice day :P

Hmmm, somehow I don't think that's what it means... :(

Guest obby
I would also say you should make an effort to learn the accepted language of the land you are in.

Como?

;D