Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Official Review of Jazzy Jeff @ Shine & Special Surprise @ Blue(PICS)

Bling

First off, Happy Birthday to Jon.... u def were having fun :P

Great to hang with Christina (diabolique) most of the nite, and have a worthwhile conversation outside by the pool. Those who know Christina know talkin to her always ends up philosophical .. ;D

Jazzy Jeff was running late cuz he opened for Marc Anthony at American Airlines Arena so Chris bourne opened

Place was slammed but dont have to remind u all that when Jeff is in town

Jeff began around 1:15 and played old skool for 90 min.. crowd was into it.. (MJ, Nirvana...Vanilla Ice... stuff like that)

Not as packed as the last time he was there but it was still pretty packed.

After Jeff, Terry Hunter took over. He played some tracks with a bit more soul to it. (not really soulful house but def it moved from hip hop to more housey)

as a result, the crowd thinned out. apparently the spring break crowd (as expected was there for hip hop)

Booth is packed and Kenny Dope hangin out waiting for his timeslot. Kenny took over after playin open format. (though i didnt hear him i was outside)

IN the house was the entire Lust crew along with Brian Tappart and Julius Knight.

Went into the lounge which was packed cuz b-side was playing hip hop...

Myself and Phil around 345 headed over to Blue a bit after..

we walk in and who took over the decks but BRIAN TAPPART AND JULIUS KNIGHT (OMFG I DIED)

DAMN U V. SHOULD HAVE TEXTED US THE SECOND U GOT THERE lol

def the biggest surprise ever... Brian and Julius RIPPPPPPPEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD it with proper house... mixed in with soul... they played some classic MAW stuff including "elements of life" by louie vega.. and tons of other goodies ;D

Blue was packed and the vibe was sick... hadnt really danced all nite but blue changed that.. :P (reminds me once again why im hitting the Soulfuric party at Amika)-great pre conference warmup.. flawless mixing and just sick track selection.. (i guess they had gone on an hr before.. oh well)

had a blast at both places..... good to be back at shine after my month absence

pics later........

Guest Diabolique

I have a hangover and missed my plane, but I had a great time. ;D Good thing I had a great time, as my new ticket cost a pretttty penny.

It was wonderful seeing EVERYONE (except Carlos :'( hope you feel better), esp Jon, it's been forever. Looking very good my friend! ;) Jon was a happy birthday boy, fo SHO! ;D

Jazzy Jeff @ Shine

9.jpg

20.jpg

19.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

8.jpg

7.jpg

Christina in da house..... :-*

3.jpg

Chris Bourne

10.jpg

MC Skillz

16.jpg

12.jpg

Jazzy Jeff with spiffy hat

11.jpg

Look at B dancin his ass off lol

18.jpg

The Legend Kenny Dope in da house

24.jpg

Terry Hunter droppin some funky house

23.jpg

Miguel dancing :P

26.jpg

THe Lounge with B-side (justin drinkin it up with Jon in main room)

25.jpg

22.jpg

The Lazars

21.jpg

Christina and Nicole. (Nicole recovering from her new artwork) ;D

14.jpg

13.jpg

15.jpg

17.jpg

"Oh yeah arrest me please" ;)

1.jpg

The infamous Elizabeth (u know the girl that puts on on all the lists ) -pic left :-*

THE SURPRISE AT BLUE... BRIAN TAPPART AND JULIUS KNIGHT...............

28.jpg

27.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

HOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MUSICAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Guest Diabolique

*blush* I'm such a goofball...I blame it on the vodka. ;D

Love the pix! Everyone looks so lovely & happy. LOVE IT! ;D

bling i hope u didnt get that shirt @ the local thrift shop bro

what happened to ur zara collection? cmon!

::)

its a tommy hilfinger shirt. it was a present btw .... i didnt feel like dressin up i was bummin it out. ur all lucky i shaved . i was soooo close to stayin in..... glad i didnt...... esp with the special surprise set at blue :o

LOVE ZARA..... 8) my fav store

Guest aquabooty1078

i was soooo close to stayin in..... glad i didnt...... esp with the special surprise set at blue :o

;)

Pics came out great Blingy.. I haven't danced that much in a loooong time! I was really diggin JJ's set.. too bad he came off so soon.. I have never seen a place clear out so quickly.. MAAAN! :o

Guest vaughan

Happy Birthday again Jon! Thanks for the hospitality, drinks, shots and um, the tour of the cabanas! LOL :o

I have to admit, Jazzy Jeff has definitely got some CRAZY skills. I really enjoyed his set... although it was the expected 30 seconds of every (great) classic, he had me dancing my ass off. I the utmost respect for Terry Hunter, but lets just say he wasn't quite prepared for the crowd on hand. After 2 or 3 songs, you would think we were at the public beach swimming when someone yelled shark! We hungout outside for a spell and decided to go back in to see if Kenny Dope had gone on... he had just stepped up to bat b4 we walked in and he was playing Reggae... it seemed to be working a little bit to wrangle up what crowd was left. All in all, it was definitely a great time and good to see everyone out!

Headed over to Blue to support the "home team" and see how we were doing. Placed was stuffed when we got there and Sheldon had the place in check!! People dancing, hands in the air... good times... then I realized Mr. Brian Tappert working the knobs during Sheldon's set and I could see that look in BT's eye... he took over the healm and kept everyone going until the lights came on! What can I say... great music, great friends = great times!

Until the next episode!

Guest Sheldon

good times at Shine...jazzy jeff is an amazing dj. Didn't get to catch Terry or Kenny play.

Thanks to everyone who came to Blue for our suprise guests...was a blast.