Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Yawn

Guest bcnjunkie

After not clubbing for almost a year I finally made it out to Mansion... my observation:

NOTHING FRESH ABOUT THE SCENE

THE MUSIC SOUNDS THE SAME

DJ'S need to go record shopping .... oh wait it doesn't matter

I still don't understand how in Europe there's always something fresh and here it's so stale.......

DULL

Can anyone tell where Jorge's mistake was? Anyone?

Whatup, man? Glad you finally came out of hiding. Note that Cafeteria can't really be considered a club, so we do not accept your excuses. There are other awesome parties around, sometimes you will even find them at the megaclubs, but most often not. You know how it is, they have too large a payroll and mortgage to make to be able to take too many artistic chances.

Erm... I think he went to Mansion?

Your point is taken though. I feel that judging miami's music scene from a saturday night at mansion is akin to judging EDM by "Sandstorm"... it's the worst possible representation.

Amazing how people are spoiled by living here. If he can't be happy in Miami, then he wont be happy anywhere else. Its a lost cause.

Wasnt there a shooting at Mansion this weekend?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest bcnjunkie

well at least there's relief in sight ...... for at at least a week ... unless you go to the subliminal party which I'm sure will be chuck full-o great back log records... like last year and the year before that .....

Guest LeVeL

You know I stopped complaining about the Music Played in Miami, it just is what it is, like Pod has stated like 40 Billions times before Clubs in Miami have to make money and apparently they dont make as much money when Dj Such and Such plays.

So eventually guys like Dj Am are crowd pleasers and people tend to spend more money on the bar that way they dont have to pay attention to the played out sound being played.

To tell yout the truth I have stopped complaining about the music in Miami and have gotten used to it. I just go out with the people I am with and enjoy myself in my inner circle, eventually you'll see yourself dancing sooner or later.

But crank up a mix Cd from overseas before going out and you'll get new music dose without having to worry about the Dj all the time.

Guest lavosdeldiablo

After not clubbing for almost a year I finally made it out to Mansion... my observation:

I still don't understand how in Europe there's always something fresh and here it's so stale.......

DULL

lol.. i need make it out to mansion so i can see how the "scene" is doing ;D

Guest bcnjunkie

I had a good time with my friends... however I don't feel I'm missing out on anything. It's just the truth, it felt as if I picked up right where I left off..... I don't club much anymore anyways so I suppose it doesn't matter... just an obsevartion

[move]ZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ[/move]

Guest durrtylexx

lol

thank god for mixed cd's & live sets.

[move]zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz [zzzzz/move]

i hope all is well jorge 8)

Guest bcnjunkie

lol

thank god for mixed cd's & live sets.

[move]zzzzzzz zzzzzzzz [zzzzz/move]

i hope all is well jorge 8)

hope's all good with ya !

Guest ericac

I LOVE the energy at some of the Miami parties that I could not find in New York in my last visit this week. Im used to the "miami house".

Everyone is afraid of the unknown but, I think someone will figure out that if its a new track they just need to slowly mix it with something we know already and gradually allow the track to take surface.

Soo many times I have entered a party did a circle around the place and walked out. It wasnt the music as much as it wass the vibe (my cj friends know how i like to disappear)

Guest mp3some

Its amazing how different the scene is here in NY. Every party that i go to has a different feel and vibe but the one thing that is the same is how much people enjoy it here. I mean its like old times at space. I finally hit Cielo for Derrick Mays last monday, and plan on going back tomorrow for Francois K. That place is so chill! Such an un-clubby club. We got there at like 10 min to 10 when they up the cover and saw that the door was being held. Being used to miami clubs i automatically think that its beind done on purpose just to make more money.....but lo and behold the promoter comes through and gives the people that are already in line a reduced admission ticket. We go in and there's a lady at the door, "Hi guys, have you been here before?" sooooo nice. Tells us where the coat check/bathroom is, who the DJ is etc. Just an awesome night.

---I suppose Manhattan has changed quite a bit, then. All of my visits have consisted of ignorant, ate-up clubbers, ultra rude staff, outrageous door/bar prices, & marginal music at best.

MH: u were going to the wrong places w the wrong ppl.... its all about diggin deeper to find parties like this.

I'm w u jackie 100%... Ppl seem to really enjoy the diversity of sounds available, i mean u will find a passionate crowd for every genre. Add that to the 'user-friendly' experience in these off the path smaller venues and it makes up for a really nice vibe and great parties overall.

Glad you're having a good one. Hope we can hang during conference!

.- 8)

Guest Miss_Digital

;) mia can be a bore at times

it has its good and its bad like NYC or any other city

atleast we have a scence, and we're not in hicksville

Guest coach

Its amazing how different the scene is here in NY. Every party that i go to has a different feel and vibe but the one thing that is the same is how much people enjoy it here. I mean its like old times at space. I finally hit Cielo for Derrick Mays last monday, and plan on going back tomorrow for Francois K. That place is so chill! Such an un-clubby club. We got there at like 10 min to 10 when they up the cover and saw that the door was being held. Being used to miami clubs i automatically think that its beind done on purpose just to make more money.....but lo and behold the promoter comes through and gives the people that are already in line a reduced admission ticket. We go in and there's a lady at the door, "Hi guys, have you been here before?" sooooo nice. Tells us where the coat check/bathroom is, who the DJ is etc. Just an awesome night.

---I suppose Manhattan has changed quite a bit, then. All of my visits have consisted of ignorant, ate-up clubbers, ultra rude staff, outrageous door/bar prices, & marginal music at best.

MH: u were going to the wrong places w the wrong ppl.... its all about diggin deeper to find parties like this.

I'm w u jackie 100%... Ppl seem to really enjoy the diversity of sounds available, i mean u will find a passionate crowd for every genre. Add that to the 'user-friendly' experience in these off the path smaller venues and it makes up for a really nice vibe and great parties overall.

Um, maybe it's because they have 7x our population???? So a party here that would get 30 people, would get over 200 there, just by percentages. Comparing NYC parties to MIA is pointless because of the staggering demographics differences. Compare Miami to other cities of comparable size and THEN see who comes out on top. And that doesn't even include all the other benefits of living in Miami over NYC.

Guest AlanS

There are also a GAZILLION parties to choose from. I went to Cielo again last night, Francois K was AMAZING. So talented, and the vibe and crowd were awesome just like last week. Totally worth the lack of sleep.

Miguel, we have to catch up next week!

Deep Space!! Hi Jackie :)

Welcome back Jorge.. lol ;D

Guest Satan

DULL

couldnt agree more.

you went on a seriously wrong night to a place like mansion.

i say face punch the moron that suggested it to you and move on.

miami is certainly commercial, but its not that hard to find a good party with good music if you ask around.

Guest bcnjunkie

DULL

couldnt agree more.

miami is certainly commercial, but its not that hard to find a good party with good music if you ask around.

I have been partying in miami since 1989 (for the exception of last year ;D ) and it's pretty much the rule .... same music over and over and over ... little variation on the scene .... boring

[move]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/move]

Guest Satan

yep. i know

i too have been in party scene for longer than some on this board have been alive,

lived in NY, partied in chicago,new jersey la, madrid, london, ibiza,barcelona,amsterdam, tokyo......and a lot of other places.

still love miami. still seek out the music.

if its crappy i move on.....i know what zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's you refer to. and it happens everywhere. still think it was a bad idea to hit mansion on saturday....but thats just me.

anyway, like you said its WMC time coming up

thats like christmas week for me really.....hope you enjoy. see ya out there

Guest bcnjunkie

Love all of them too (except LA, great music just bad scene) ... Barcelona being at the top of my list .... but still after not having gone out 1 year and still finding the same thing was kind of disappointing ..........

enjoy WMC ... I unfortyunately can't ...

ps very jealous of those attending Global Gathering

Guest ramon

DULL

couldnt agree more.

I have been partying in miami since 1989 (for the exception of last year ;D ) and it's pretty much the rule .... same music over and over and over ... little variation on the scene .... boring

[move]zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz[/move]

i dont't agree with that one bit jorge .. you and i both know there's been some great little parties here in miami through the past few years and i personally haven't given up yet .. its hard to do something different and its even harder for people to open up enough to hear it .. but its happening .. and i think sooner or later people will be more open to it. it doesnt have to be minimal or maximal it just has to be fuckin good and not the same overplayed 10 records every fuckin DJ is playing. I DONT WANT NOBODY .. i don't want to fuckin hear that song again .. sorry for ranting on but ffs would it kill for some people to dig for some records. I have yet to hear out that Layo and Bushwacka single out here which is a shame cause its fuckin brilliant. I know some jocks are playing it but you really have to try more .. if you as a dj don't push the limits or boundaries or whatever the fuck you call we'll be stuck listening to the same 10 records for the rest of eternity. It's funny that some anthem records from across the pond never make it here. Carl Craig mix of Theo Parrish anyone?

</rant>

I know you are busy but come check us at Connected @ Cafeteria .. we are doing something different and people are getting it and that makes me happy as I've said before if its one day a week I get to hear something different and exciting I'll be glad to support that party.

Guest coach

Yeah, Jorge, rather than giving up, listen to the nice people and admit you made an error. There are lots of great parties going on, lots of them with all different kinds of things going on. But it is tremendously unlikely you will find it at a mega-club on a weekend night. Check out some of the parties suggested herein and I think you will find something to your liking. Come to BED tomorrow just for a bit.

Alan, Deep Space is already a fav for me. SOOOOOOOO worth the lack of sleep. Just like Ramons Jazid sunday parties (RIP!!!).

Though i will agree, the scene in miami was stale for a long time before i left. Shame i ddn't get to go to the connected parties. IN was lots of fun on wed's. Weekday parties seem to be the best IMO. You dont get that pretentious unmusicallyeducated weekend crowd. Its the same up here.

Guest mursa

I used to go clubbing every weekend ...and now rarely go out ...but its also an observation i came up with when i did go out a few weeks ago .........

..needless to say i think i've saved myself lots of $$ and I haven't missed much .

Guest ramon

Alan, Deep Space is already a fav for me. SOOOOOOOO worth the lack of sleep. Just like Ramons Jazid sunday parties (RIP!!!).

Though i will agree, the scene in miami was stale for a long time before i left. Shame i ddn't get to go to the connected parties. IN was lots of fun on wed's. Weekday parties seem to be the best IMO. You dont get that pretentious unmusicallyeducated weekend crowd. Its the same up here.

I'm dying to go to Deep Space .. I haven't heard Derrick in ages .. was gonna fly up for Mills but he cancelled.

I miss Jazid, but actually I may be involved with something there over the wmc. Hope everyone is staying till atleast the 28th. ;)

Connected is fun and its even helped me become a bit more open minded about some things. It's not always about techno *lol* there is other music out there.

I'm dying to go to Deep Space .. I haven't heard Derrick in ages .. was gonna fly up for Mills but he cancelled.

I miss Jazid, but actually I may be involved with something there over the wmc. Hope everyone is staying till atleast the 28th. ;)

Connected is fun and its even helped me become a bit more open minded about some things. It's not always about techno *lol* there is other music out there.

GOOOOD!!! You definitely have to come up here for a Deep Space party....so far that is the best one i have been to yet. Mays was great. This monday coming up is Sunshine Jones (Dubtribe Sound System) but too bad ill miss it cause ill be in FL. They were great in Atlanta, thanks to your recommendation!

Guest Cablebeats

There are definitely alot of little great parties happening in the area where the music is fresh.

'CONNECTED' Thursdays at Cafeteria, as Ramon mentioned, is probably some of the most cutting edge dance music you'll hear. Guest DJs like Michael Louis, Alan Stenback, Sebastian, Andrew Chibale (and many more), are all pushing the boundaries and challenging the scene musically.

'AQUABOOTY' at Glass. 'nuff said.

'FUNK PHENOMENA' Tuesdays at Blue. (shameless plug) :P

'MAGNUM' Wednesdays at B.E.D.

Cue at Blue on Wednesdays. One of the longest running weeklies in the area for a good reason.

Shine. Look at the talent they're bringing in. Sick.

Those are just a few...

Guest AlanS

What I find extremely unfortunate is that there really are DJs and promoters trying to push things forward, and challenge the scene musically (nice one Justin), throwing parties all over, in every different kind of venue or room, weekdays, weekends, trying to connect with people who are looking for something more, and yet, it seems we can still barely get the word out to the right people.

There are numerous parties I could run off being run by good people, with good intentions...

Ramon and Diego with Connected @ Caf

Seth and Lyrik with Frisk-e @ Blue

B-Side with Open House @ Shine, Shine almost every week for that matter

Justin and Major with Funk Phenomena @ Blue

Rick and myself with the Marlin and upcoming nights @ Angel

Diaga and crew, Parantula has had some solid bookings @ Noc recently

Aquabooty @ Glass

Lust @ Blue

I could go on...

How someone with discering musical tastes cannot find at least some satisfaction at at least one of these partys is beyond me. I understand that many people are also looking for the whole package, good vibe, good bartenders, hot women, yada, yada, and all these partys have it!

Okay, I'm done ranting... I usually keep my mouth shut on these matters, but enough is enough. Nothin but love for you Jorge, but next time you want to go out, give me a call beforehand and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

Cheers! WMC here we come ;D