Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Official Review of Beach Plaza & Angel w /Onionz (w/ Pics)

Bling

With the end of Sunset Sessions there really is no happy hour time party that was worth goin to.... so i had to drive back to kendall in traffic hell only to go out again later on... which is why i hate friday's (to go out)

that all changed thanks to bronzie and crew at the beach plaza

Those that have gone there for the basic party during wmc know how sick the garden is... I love it . they start around 3-4 pm and go till 10 (this week at least)

Though week one didnt have much of a turnout..... the music was top notch. they pretty much played it all. some funky stuff but mostly a lot of good tribal and progressive. some old digweed monster tracks and "good" steve lawler tracks.

also dropped a killer eddie amador production :o

the drink specials rock and the drinks knock u on ur ass

for 9.50 u can have 2 for 1 mai tai's (they banged me up good) also as part of the specials are mojitos, rum and coke and a bunch of others.

great party i cant stress it enough to come out to this to support the NYC crew putting on this party.

Food is a bit pricey (but then again its sobe).. but the food is very good. had the grilled herb chicken with potatoes and grilled veggies

good seeing miguel, david and Justin

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Angel w/ Onionz

Yep place looks the same... cept my fav stripper pole is now on the opposite end of the floor and they took down the nekkid pics over the bar.. also this crobarlike wall with lights was in VIP....

one thing i didint like was the giant video wall ) way too bright... they finally killed it by the end of the nite thank god... also there is a giant screen monitor near the back of the club that had a basketball game on

ummmmm its a club not hooligans kill the tv.... :P

Seth shore started things out chill like and then sebastian and jimmy tag teamed for a bit... they played well though i have heard them play much better. it was still good though.

best part of the entire party was that it reminded me of the old Nerve days... when all the cper's and junkies would meet up at one spot..... there was so many people from the boards it was crazy

even sotuchick . :o :o :o :o :o :o

great to see everyone......

Onionz was ehhhh....didnt feel him at all...... he did drop a few tracks here and there that had me goin but for the most part. nah. felt he was all over the place..

Great to see the Aquabooty crew come and support.

it was very enlighteniing talking to u joe... (quality guy.....ive been lucky enough to get to know joe over the years and hes as real as they come... not even talking about the music biz but.. as a friend in general )

Anyways..... angel will be my fri hangout for quite some time....... david has some sick unnanounced stuff in the pipeline :o

and with annoucned acts like heather, fred everything, paolo mojo, mazi.. how can u go wrong

PICS LATER.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AGAIN TO JIMMY, JULIA, MICHAEL and KAT ;D

42.jpg

Aquabooty showin support

40.jpg

JJ AND MAJOR

41.jpg

"CHEAP" PLUG

39.jpg

KAT AND I (still my fav person to take pics with.. our pics come out so nice) ;)

35.jpg

The Double C's (Carisa and Catalina) .. yeah we know we know Carisa aint a C lol

34.jpg

33.jpg

Carisa and Kat

32.jpg

Michael and Felicia

26.jpg

Reuben and Michelle

27.jpg

25.jpg

my new avatar/myspace pic lol courtesy of Michelle

24.jpg

23.jpg

21.jpg

Happy Birthday Julia :-*

18.jpg

The demented mind behind SMUDGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:o 8) :o 8)

19.jpg

Catalina :o :o :o

Jimmy's bday party always brings people out of the woodwork...except Lula. ::):P The crowd was great, I love walking into a club and knowing EVERYBODY!!! :)

As far as the club goes, that will probably be the ONLY time I ever go (sorry David). We walked up to the door at exactly 1am, got our tickets, walk inside and the guy still charges us each $10. If it wasnt Jimmy and Kat's bdays I would have told the guy to go fuck himself and walked out, but I wanted to show support for our friends. Having asshole guys at the door that dont accept entrance tickets that the door people give you will only hurt the club. Now if we had shown up past 1am, fine...the list closes at 1..no big deal. But dont be an asshole, all it will do is turn people off of your club and the people are what make you the money. No people in the club, no bar sales, no tips, no employees, no money, no djs...its a circle people...treat your clientel right!!!!

Ok end of rant...

The club looks almost EXACTLY the same as Nerve. Didnt they say they had done a whole bunch of renovations? They moved the stripper pole, changed the positions of the couches, took down the mirror in the booth and added some lights to VIP (which nobody was in). I expected to see some changes but there were none. Still the same bathroom issues as well.

Music...our locals know how to freakin bring it. I have been hearing about this Onionz guy for years but was soooo not impressed. He was all over the place, no real direction, no vibe..oh well. Jimmy and Seb were great though. Love them both and Im glad I got to hear you two play, it has been a while.

Overall I had fun because I was with all of my friends. CJ people know how to have fun and just be themselves without pretenses and attitudes. :)

Jimmy and Kat, I hope you guys had a great bday party. Luff you both!!! :-*

Guest musicalmissionary

As far as the club goes, that will probably be the ONLY time I ever go (sorry David). We walked up to the door at exactly 1am, got our tickets, walk inside and the guy still charges us each $10. If it wasnt Jimmy and Kat's bdays I would have told the guy to go fuck himself and walked out, but I wanted to show support for our friends. Having asshole guys at the door that dont accept entrance tickets that the door people give you will only hurt the club. Now if we had shown up past 1am, fine...the list closes at 1..no big deal. But dont be an asshole, all it will do is turn people off of your club and the people are what make you the money. No people in the club, no bar sales, no tips, no employees, no money, no djs...its a circle people...treat your clientel right!!!!

No need to be sorry... I'm the one who's sorry that happened. Allz I can say is that this was Night One when kinks like that are discovered. Now they will be dealt with. And they WILL be dealt with. From the lighting to the door staff... things will be fixed immediately. Thanks for being my guinea pigs... y'all are some mighty fine guinea pigs. :P

Guest vaughan

Allz I can say is that this was Night One when kinks like that are discovered. Now they will be dealt with. And they WILL be dealt with. From the lighting to the door staff... things will be fixed immediately. Thanks for being my guinea pigs... y'all are some mighty fine guinea pigs. :P

:o :'(

Guest rhythmburn

i suck -- sorry i missed it guys...was planning on gettin' down but was 'unavoidably detained' ...

jt -- i owe you massive amounts of alcohol for your bd...

see you all next week... (i will be there, i promise =) )

Guest musicalmissionary

Allz I can say is that this was Night One when kinks like that are discovered. Now they will be dealt with. And they WILL be dealt with. From the lighting to the door staff... things will be fixed immediately. Thanks for being my guinea pigs... y'all are some mighty fine guinea pigs. :P

:o :'(

It ain't like that V... no need to shed a tear. The party was still an overall success... even with the lessons learned. See you tonight perhaps...

Guest BrianOwen

""good" steve lawler tracks.

also dropped a killer eddie amador production""

Chers bro! great to meet everyone look foward to a better time each week as we build momentum and upgrade our sound. . . and of course some great tunes.

Guest kcariaga

Great pics, Bling!!!! You're right the pic of us is really cute. You will have to tell me the name of your camera 'cuz ours is crap and I want the one that you have.

Anyway, I had a really great time. It is was so nice to see EVERYONE!!!!! Thanks again to my friends that came out to make sure that I had fun on my 29th!!!!! :-* :-* :-*

Guest bronzie

Great pics and nice to meet you Daniel. I got waaaaaasted on the mai tai drinks, whoa. I still managed to throw some decent choons down before we left. Ended about 11pm btw which is cool.

Nice to meet a few of you guys from here. It was a slow day in the garden but we're lookin' to pick up the momentum as time goes on and make it a great spot to come after work to get warmed up for your evening.

Nice to meet you David. Sorry didn't stay at Angel too long. Bouncer remembered me from last week but didn't give a shit that we promoted the hell out of that place for last Saturday. Oh well. Glad it was a good party and you're using us as guinea pigs....focker. Hope to see you out next week. Thanks for stoppin' through over at the gardens.

Look out for the happy drinks specials this Friday..... :)

Guest ddg

it was great to c the peeps i saw...dont really remember much of the nite, only that i had a great time!! Happy Bdays to Kat, Julia and Jimmy....MUCH LOVE!!!!

Jimmy...thx for playing that track too.. ;)

Great pics and nice to meet you Daniel. I got waaaaaasted on the mai tai drinks, whoa. I still managed to throw some decent choons down before we left. Ended about 11pm btw which is cool.

Nice to meet a few of you guys from here. It was a slow day in the garden but we're lookin' to pick up the momentum as time goes on and make it a great spot to come after work to get warmed up for your evening.

Nice to meet you David. Sorry didn't stay at Angel too long. Bouncer remembered me from last week but didn't give a shit that we promoted the hell out of that place for last Saturday. Oh well. Glad it was a good party and you're using us as guinea pigs....focker. Hope to see you out next week. Thanks for stoppin' through over at the gardens.

lol yeah those mai tais knocked me on my ass.. next week im switchin to mojitos :)

Guest lavosdeldiablo

thanx for the love guys! From what i remember, it was a fun night .. Thanks to Dave, Sebastian, Seth, and everyone that helped share the vibe..

much love,

Jimmy :)

Guest mp3some

weeerrrrdddd!

fkn loved the garden last week, and looking to do it again this week.... ;D Good to meet the fusionclique crew and the 2.4.1 mojitos :P

Glad to see many at Angel lounge, tho I couldnt stay for long... :-\ Great vibe... had a few flashbacks from the nerve days. hehe

Happy bday jimmy, kat, and everyone else! lol

Good times ahead on Friday Nights... That's for sure~! :D

.- 8)

Guest musicalmissionary

Thanks everyone for coming out... :-*

That was just the beginning. I'm excited about this club tour we'll be doing over the next few weeks. Boombox, SoBe Live, Rain, Beach Plaza,.... Come along people, there's always something new to experience in musicalmissionary land.