Clubplanet Nightlife Community

music is the answer

Guest djhafownz

Guest djhafownz

maybe someone can help me out here...

the last couple times ive been to space i hear cedric gervais throw down this bad ass remix of danny tenaglia's "music is the answer". anyone know what remix it is? that track is fucking sick

and another thing... ive heard him play another song called keep on dancing by todd terry... it's the steve mac remix, but no matter where i go to look for it, i can't find it. im guessing it's unreleased but im not sure. anyone know where i can get a copy or when it's comming out? thanks a million guys!

Guest slamminshaun

Basement Jaxx vs. Danny Tenaglia - "Fly Music 2005", at least that's what he played last time I was there.

Guest swirlundergrounder

maybe someone can help me out here...

the last couple times ive been to space i hear cedric gervais throw down this bad ass remix of danny tenaglia's "music is the answer". anyone know what remix it is? that track is fucking sick

and another thing... ive heard him play another song called keep on dancing by todd terry... it's the steve mac remix, but no matter where i go to look for it, i can't find it. im guessing it's unreleased but im not sure. anyone know where i can get a copy or when it's comming out? thanks a million guys!

The old double pack of 'Music Is The Answer' had an accapella on it. He could have thrown that accapella down over something.

Guest djhafownz

na ive heard him play it 3 times and they've all sounded the same so i know he isnt just dropping in an accapella over something. and i dont think it's fly music 2005... ive heard that song over and over and it still doesnt sound like the one ive heard at space. ive downloaded every version i can find and i can't find the damn song, lol. im thinking maybe its an unreleased version, maybe from cedric himself or something... i dunno... i don't freakin know, lol

Guest slamminshaun

Does it have the same synths that "You Used to Hold Me (remix)" on Oscar's last mix CD has? If so, that is the song I'm talking about.

Guest djhafownz

i found a clip on my phone that i recorded of music is the answer. there's a part in the song where the vocals come out and you can hear a faint backround to the vocals... then when it says at the end of the vocals 'music is the answer', the bass drops in NASTY. the sound quality is horrible but u can still make out the song... i just gotta figure out how to get it from my razr to my computer so i can host it. so far it's none of the version's ive been able to find - and i think i've found them all - except for the one im looking for. this freakin' sucksssssss

Guest swirlundergrounder

i found a clip on my phone that i recorded of music is the answer. there's a part in the song where the vocals come out and you can hear a faint backround to the vocals... then when it says at the end of the vocals 'music is the answer', the bass drops in NASTY. the sound quality is horrible but u can still make out the song... i just gotta figure out how to get it from my razr to my computer so i can host it. so far it's none of the version's ive been able to find - and i think i've found them all - except for the one im looking for. this freakin' sucksssssss

Why don't you just ask Cedric instead of going through all of this?

Guest djhafownz

alright...

1] one day at space i heard him play it and i wrote on a napkin "whats the id of this track?". his reply was "music is".

2] i've asked him on his msgboard... no reply.

3] if i knew him well enough to ask him for a copy of it, i'd do it, but i don't know him well enough. in fact, i dont even know how to get a hold of him to ask him what remix it is, lol

trust me, im a go-getter. if there's a way for me to get my hands on something i want, i'll get it. so far, everything i've tried has left me high and dry. maybe i should just jack his cd case lol j/k

Guest djhafownz

im taking it easy man... i just want that track, lol. it's seriously the best remix i've heard of music is the answer and i'd love to throw it down in a set

Guest swirlundergrounder

take it easy dude, it's just a song

I feel for the guy though. Sometimes I hear a song (one in a blue moon) that I must have! Maybe twice a year I'll hear a song that I'll go to the ends of the Earth to track down.

But DJ's are luckier these days with the advent of mp3 and songs being more available to them. I still miss the days though when you would have to go to every record store in your city to hopefully find it. If not you call around. And once you do find that track you cherish it.

I don't cherish digital music (mp3, CD's) as much as I do when I have it on vinyl. But we've had this debate about 20 times over the last 3 years on CJ so lets not go there peeps...

If you can't find your mix of 'Music is The Answer' then you will just forget about it. One day you will run into it. There has never been a song that I wanted which I couldn't find for a while that I eventually got down the road..

Guest Philip

im taking it easy man... i just want that track, lol. it's seriously the best remix i've heard of music is the answer and i'd love to throw it down in a set

I know exactly what you mean - best of luck. Danny is pretty well aquainted with the local dj's around here so I would say chances are high you heard a unreleased mix.

Guest ramon

take it easy dude' date=' it's just a song

[/quote']I feel for the guy though. Sometimes I hear a song (one in a blue moon) that I must have! Maybe twice a year I'll hear a song that I'll go to the ends of the Earth to track down.

But DJ's are luckier these days with the advent of mp3 and songs being more available to them. I still miss the days though when you would have to go to every record store in your city to hopefully find it. If not you call around. And once you do find that track you cherish it.

I don't cherish digital music (mp3, CD's) as much as I do when I have it on vinyl. But we've had this debate about 20 times over the last 3 years on CJ so lets not go there peeps...

If you can't find your mix of 'Music is The Answer' then you will just forget about it. One day you will run into it. There has never been a song that I wanted which I couldn't find for a while that I eventually got down the road..

You haven't tried to trainspot richie .. these days you dont know if its a loop a record or a piece of a song.

Guest Miss_Digital

take it easy dude, it's just a song

I feel for the guy though. Sometimes I hear a song (one in a blue moon) that I must have! Maybe twice a year I'll hear a song that I'll go to the ends of the Earth to track down.

You haven't tried to trainspot richie .. these days you dont know if its a loop a record or a piece of a song.

you can thank apple and pioneer for that

Guest djhafownz

just found out it's rizzatti and hunzed - interlude (nocturne strings mix) with music is the answer sampled over it... fuck, guess i gotta do some work to that song then. thanks guys for your help. if you guys know where i can get that version with music is the answer's sample on it, let me know. i doubt i'll find it... ill most likely have to make it. thanks again though!

Guest swirlundergrounder

just found out it's rizzatti and hunzed - interlude (nocturne strings mix) with music is the answer sampled over it... fuck, guess i gotta do some work to that song then. thanks guys for your help. if you guys know where i can get that version with music is the answer's sample on it, let me know. i doubt i'll find it... ill most likely have to make it. thanks again though!

You can find the sample on the old vinyl on Twisted Records released in 1997 or 1998 I think. If you can't find it let me know. You may be able to convince me to sell it to you for the right price... ;D

Guest djhafownz

i have the sample... and i have the song. only thing is... i hope i can do it right and it comes out good lol

Guest Philip

Well its been awhile since I spent hours hunting a record - that is until today. The funny thing is I remember hunting vinyl and finally finding it in Germany or some other foreign place... for me nowday's its more the fact that what I want is only available on vinyl and I can't find the MP3 for it. I guess I shouldn't have sold those Technics...

Gustavo Lamas "Entre"

Guest GoodLife

there's a whitelabel from 2006 bootleg with only music is the answer on it. i got it

yeah i have the same, i dont think its whats hes lookin for, this mix is a bit harder and tribal