Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Iron Chef...

Guest Electric Eel

Guest LeVeL

Have you guys seen Top Chef on Bravo, cause if you guys haven't watched then your missing out.

Its way better than Iron Chef in my opinion and includes more twists too. New Episodes are on Wednesdays at 10pm, I have gotten so hooked to this show, its funny.

http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/

But Iron Chef is great too..I cant complain wyhen it comes to good food making.

Guest dahzel

i used to think the japanese vewrsion was a satire. some of the food they cooked was gross too. i mean, who doesn'tlike sea urchins and organs of all sorts? food netwrok does rock though!!

Guest Electric Eel

I caught it once and thought it was cool but keep missing it. I'm going to have to set my Tivo. I believe its by the same people that do project runway and I love that show

Guest LeVeL

I caught it once and thought it was cool but keep missing it. I'm going to have to set my Tivo. I believe its by the same people that do project runway and I love that show

You should check the website and see the schedules, they give a lot of Re-runs of the Top Chef throughout the week.

Guest lulamishka

Have you guys seen Top Chef on Bravo' date=' cause if you guys haven't watched then your missing out.

Its way better than Iron Chef in my opinion and includes more twists too. New Episodes are on Wednesdays at 10pm, I have gotten so hooked to this show, its funny.

[url']http://www.bravotv.com/Top_Chef/

But Iron Chef is great too..I cant complain wyhen it comes to good food making.

Hmm, I'll have to check that out sometime. It comes on right when I'm done watching Lost. :)

Guest lulamishka

i used to think the japanese vewrsion was a satire. some of the food they cooked was gross too. i mean, who doesn'tlike sea urchins and organs of all sorts? food netwrok does rock though!!

Yea, I found the Japanese version quite comical the first few times I watched it. Then i was facinated! This was before they started Iron Chef America...

And in the American version, I found it funny the day the Japanese guy announced the secret ingredient, in all seriousness, in his Japanese/english accent...as HAMBURGERRR! I nearly LOL. :D

I dunno man, I guess I don't take hamburger seriously, lol.

Guest Electric Eel

In Japan they really do eat all that shit so I could see why it would be used as secret ingredients. I think the Japanese version is so funny cause of the translators, lol, especially when theres a girl judge the translators voice just sounds so funny.

Guest lulamishka

In Japan they really do eat all that shit so I could see why it would be used as secret ingredients. I think the Japanese version is so funny cause of the translators, lol, especially when theres a girl judge the translators voice just sounds so funny.

LOL! Yea, espcially when she laughs or mmm's about something lol. It just sounds funny.

But yea, you'd be surprised at all the stuff they eat. Personally, I don't think I'm THAT brave... Then again, its a totally different culture they grew up in.

Guest JMT

i like the japanese version better simply because of the non-intentional humor.

as far as the food network goes, giada delaurentis can make me gnoccis any time. ;D

Guest dahzel

on the soup on the E channel, every week they spoof the secret ingedient. it's too funny sometimes, "Todays Secret Ingredient: ONions!!! or Pizza Dough (this one was w/ Mario Bitalli, a little unfair, don't you think?. good show w/ great concept. it's amazing sometimes to see what they cme up

with for an hour show. sometimes it's like they've been tipped off b/c they start so quick.

Yea, I found the Japanese version quite comical the first few times I watched it. Then i was facinated! This was before they started Iron Chef America...

And in the American version, I found it funny the day the Japanese guy announced the secret ingredient, in all seriousness, in his Japanese/english accent...as HAMBURGERRR! I nearly LOL. :D

Guest ctferni

I cant watch any cooking shows because I get too hungry! My girlfriend watches them all the time and I end up in the kitchen munching on something.

Guest lulamishka

i like the japanese version better simply because of the non-intentional humor.

as far as the food network goes, giada delaurentis can make me gnoccis any time. ;D

lol... I'll admit, she's beautiful.

Guest lulamishka

on the soup on the E channel, every week they spoof the secret ingedient. it's too funny sometimes, "Todays Secret Ingredient: ONions!!! or Pizza Dough (this one was w/ Mario Bitalli, a little unfair, don't you think?. good show w/ great concept. it's amazing sometimes to see what they cme up

with for an hour show. sometimes it's like they've been tipped off b/c they start so quick.

Actually, I found out this week that on Iron Chef (at least Iron Chef America, not sure about the Japanese version)...the chefs are told ahead of time 5 potential secret ingredients, and on the day of the show they pick which one.

So, kinda like you had to prepare for your final essays in middle/high school (they gave u 3+ topics to study and picked 1 on the day of the final), they do the same on Iron Chef. So I guess that's how they are able to start so quickly...

Guest DrFired

Iron Chef America sucks, I like the original better!

You think some of the ingridient they showed on the show is weird then you have no idea what else they eat!

cheers!

:)

Guest lulamishka

i like that most extreme elimination show or whatever the hell it's called.

japanese people are funny!

lol yes! I haven't watched that show in a long time! MXE!!

Guest dahzel

Actually, I found out this week that on Iron Chef (at least Iron Chef America, not sure about the Japanese version)...the chefs are told ahead of time 5 potential secret ingredients, and on the day of the show they pick which one.

So, kinda like you had to prepare for your final essays in middle/high school (they gave u 3+ topics to study and picked 1 on the day of the final), they do the same on Iron Chef. So I guess that's how they are able to start so quickly...

holy shit!! i feel ripped off, cheated! no, it makes sense though. the way these ppl just start running for ingredients is impossible, i don't care how good of a chef you are. thanks for the enlightenment ;)

Guest lulamishka

holy shit!! i feel ripped off, cheated! no, it makes sense though. the way these ppl just start running for ingredients is impossible, i don't care how good of a chef you are. thanks for the enlightenment ;)

You're welcome. That's what I'm here for. ;)

Guest Vitaliy

and I thought I was the only Food Network fiend 8)

btw, I worked for one of the iron chefs back in the day and he was doing same stuff in our kitchen as they do on the show. We had cameras set up in the kitchen and monitors in the dining room so people could watch him prepare their meals. Food was great and customers really enjoyed watching him until rats started making appearance on monitors more often than the chef. :P