Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I can't believe it. My little girl killed something today for the first time!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

sofiaartfair2PB.jpg

Sofia3_25_062.jpg

(Sofia on Lincoln Road during the WMC..LOL)

I get a call from San Diego where my little girl is staying with her grandparents on vaction and she stomped on a bug.. :'( :'( :'(

Me and my wife have never killed anything in front of her before. When we find bugs in our house we put them in a cup and toss them outside. Except for mosquitos of course (They must all die!!!).

Anyways I'm kind of shocked (but mostly sad) that she stomped on and killed a bug because I'm curious to know how she learned to do that since no one she knows or has ever been around has done that in front of her. Kind of weird..

Guest Slide On The Ice

Its human nature to stomp on something that disgusts you.

Anyone remember the cartoon Ziggy? I cut out a Sunday strip once that was cute, but my scanner isn't hooked up so I have to tell you what it said rather than show you. Ziggy was looking at a bug on a leaf and considered killing it. He said, "I can be Godlike and destroy this lesser life." Then he told the bug to enjoy its life and walked away, sparing its life. He said after he let the bug live, "Now I really feel Godlike and all powerful!"

Sorry but I hate bugs. I'd stomp on a roach if I found one in my home. Yeeeeekkkkk!

Guest tres-b

Relax bro. It isnt like she tied a lizard to a bottle rocket or something. Maybe the bug looked at her wrong and she had to serve up some justice....

Are you threatening me? ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Does she go to nursery school?

No. Only me and the wife take care of her. Except for her grand parents of course and they wouldn;t hurt a fly either.

Kids often immitate the behavior of adults that they are around that's why I'm curious to know where she learned to do that because Barney and Elmo don't kill bugs....!

So maybe it's in our nature, no matter how gentle and innnocent we may be to want to kill something that is inferior to us. That's scary!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

Relax bro. It isnt like she tied a lizard to a bottle rocket or something. Maybe the bug looked at her wrong and she had to serve up some justice....

That's the thing. She's only 20 months old so I wonder where she got the concept of killing the bug...

Guest rhythmburn

That's the thing. She's only 20 months old so I wonder where she got the concept of killing the bug...

she is probably too young to understand the concept of 'killing the bug' -- she killed the bug, but may not have been aware of what she was truly doing...

Guest swank

20 months....hmmm....she's walking, you better put away all of the sharp objects in the house and sleep with one eye open in case she gets out of the crib at night. :P

Unless she repeatedly stomped on the bug and did the twist while throwing her head back and laughing like this..." muahahahahaha! " I think she'll be okay.

Wait to see what you learn when she's speaking fluently..LOL I really have to watch what I say around my kids...they're like little recording instruments and they could go off at anytime in front of anyone. Very embarrassing.

Have fun with your daughter she's growing up really fast and beeeuuutiiiful!

Guest swirlundergrounder

20 months....hmmm....she's walking, you better put away all of the sharp objects in the house and sleep with one eye open in case she gets out of the crib at night. :P

Unless she repeatedly stomped on the bug and did the twist while throwing her head back and laughing like this..." muahahahahaha! " I think she'll be okay.

Wait to see what you learn when she's speaking fluently..LOL I really have to watch what I say around my kids...they're like little recording instruments and they could go off at anytime in front of anyone. Very embarrassing.

Yeah I think my little girl said 'Shit' the other day. I'm not sure. We were in the car so it was hard to hear.

Guest Slide On The Ice

20 months....hmmm....she's walking' date=' you better put away all of the sharp objects in the house and sleep with one eye open in case she gets out of the crib at night. :P

[/quote']Yeah I think my little girl said 'Shit' the other day. I'm not sure. We were in the car so it was hard to hear.

She was probably trying to say 'sit' or some random gurgle. If you and your wife don't say it around the house, then she'd have no one to pick it up from since no one else watches her.

Guest michael^heaven

---I'm kinda weird on the insect tip. Certain ones I eliminate & others not.

Gotta go flat>>Roaches, mosquitos, ants, ticks, fleas, sand fleas, noseeums, & horse flies.

---I went on a "I'm not going to kill spiders kick" about two months ago. Then I got bit by a couple of sac spiders (which are highly poisonous) in my house. Now, arachnids are mos def on the squash flat list!

Guest Marina22

Gotta go flat>>Roaches, mosquitos, ants, ticks, fleas, sand fleas, noseeums, & horse flies.

---I went on a "I'm not going to kill spiders kick" about two months ago. Then I got bit by a couple of sac spiders (which are highly poisonous) in my house. Now, arachnids are mos def on the squash flat list!

Palmetto bugs are the anti-christ b/c they can fly so if I can get to them (cause I am scared of it landing on me) then it's dead. Mosquitos, of course; noseeums, you can't see them; ants, you can see them; and spiders, usually no, but I'm afraid of the bigger ones that could be poisonous. Lizards, I let them roam free, are a part of the family.

Guest michael^heaven

Palmetto bugs are the anti-christ b/c they can fly so if I can get to them (cause I am scared of it landing on me) then it's dead. Mosquitos, of course; noseeums, you can't see them; ants, you can see them; and spiders, usually no, but I'm afraid of the bigger ones that could be poisonous. Lizards, I let them roam free, are a part of the family.

---Lizards are our friends!! They eat all types of insects. I always welcome them into my home!! Noseeums are super small but have a big bite. So, they must die!! Certain months of the year, they get really bad here at the beach.

Guest Slide On The Ice

I don't even bother with the small sugar ants. If I see them I pay them no attention. Roaches, the big suckers, and palmetto bugs, instant death. I hate those things. I freak out and squeal like a little school girl if I see them in my vicinity. Lizards I love. I will never kill a lizard in my home or out. I used to keep my bathroom shower window open a half inch just to let the steam out, and I found that 2 small lizards were coming in at night to escape the cold or predators and staying between the jalosy and the screen. They always greeted me in the morning when I came to take a shower, and I never closed that window all the way so they could come and go as they please. Their names were Spot and Dino. Then they stopped coming and I've missed them. We had a good understanding after all, and I wish they'd write and let me know how they are doing.

Guest swirlundergrounder

---Lizards are our friends!! They eat all types of insects. I always welcome them into my home!! Noseeums are super small but have a big bite. So, they must die!! Certain months of the year, they get really bad here at the beach.

I'm still yet to see what this Palmetto Bug is. Yes I agree. I like lizards. They do eat the smaller bugs like mosquitos. But so do spoders so you should keep them around. Except the poisonous ones of course.

Guest swirlundergrounder

soon enough she be a teen ager and you'll

Stomping Boyfriends

Nope. There will be a very strict screening process and back ground check for these fellas...

Guest Miss_Digital

Stomping Boyfriends

Nope. There will be a very strict screening process and back ground check for these fellas...

make them all take a drug test, background check

and most importantly a credit check

:P

Guest swirlundergrounder

Stomping Boyfriends

make them all take a drug test, background check

and most importantly a credit check

:P

They will also get a GPS implanted on them..