Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Cooljunkie LAN Party...

Guest Adam Singer

Guest Adam Singer

Okay, I think this is a really cool idea - essentially a LAN party (for those of you who aren't geeks) is a party that we have during the day where everyone brings their computer, and plugs in to a high speed (100Mbps) network that we setup (wireless works too but the whole point is to have quick transfers...)

we all openly share our (DEMO AND SHAREWARE) software and freeware with each other, as well as promotional and free to distribute music and mixes (not copywrited stuff, unless you own the CD or Vinyl and the person receiving also owns both, we're serious!)

Also we all play some fun LAN games (Quake, Half Life - whatever anyone is in the mood for...trust me they are ALOT more fun to have a 16-player online game in the same room than through the internet, it gets intense), enjoy coffee/redbull, and share tech-geek/music talk (talking about girls or sports is strictly prohibited ;))

seriously though, this is a good time, we can even have dj's spin, share web/biz ideas with each other, do some networking, etc...every one i did in the past was a big success and everyone involved had a good time...

anyone interested?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my pc is major shit i got a 1.2 ghz athlon with a geforce 2 mx card lol yeah i know it sucks

i dont play pc games .. xbox right now for me.. and 360 hopefuly soon when i can find one with a fuckin harddrive in stores.. too lazyy to order online

Guest trancepriest

Will there be some type of STD awareness class and passing out of condoms b4 ya'll hook up all of those PC's together?

Guest Adam Singer

my pc is major shit i got a 1.2 ghz athlon with a geforce 2 mx card lol yeah i know it sucks

i dont play pc games .. xbox right now for me.. and 360 hopefuly soon when i can find one with a fuckin harddrive in stores.. too lazyy to order online

come on, XBox has nothing on the mouse and keyboard in a FPS game...esp on the 21" monitor ;)

unless you have a sick TV, there's no comparision!

Guest Adam Singer

Will there be some type of STD awareness class and passing out of condoms b4 ya'll hook up all of those PC's together?

my pc is pretty well protected, i would say you are way less vulnerable to infection at a lan party, most of the people who would go keep their systems in good shape...

esp if you have a MAC, what are you worried about?

Guest rollyp66

How do you figure takes more effort to go to the store and get it order it online circuitcity.com has them

Guest rollyp66

I thought LAN parties went out with broadband pretty much being a given in most areas?

nah they still happen

Guest Adam Singer

I thought LAN parties went out with broadband pretty much being a given in most areas?

broadband is garbage compared to LAN's...i get over a gig a second transfers on my new PC on a lan (from PC to PC)...plus its the whole idea of human interaction, being able to put faces with names

its as much of a social event as any party is...you're not just silent behind your PC the whole time...probably some of the best tech-discussions ive ever had were at lan parties

Guest trancepriest

I don't see this LAN party happening... most PC users are too cheap to buy proper gaming hardware. Heck you'll probably have people bringing in their PC's to get fixed or wanting an upgrade to Windows 98 or something.

Guest Adam Singer

I don't see this LAN party happening... most PC users are too cheap to buy proper gaming hardware. Heck you'll probably have people bring their PC's in to get fixed or wanting an upgrade to Windows 98 or something.

i disagree, i think everyone is running XP by now - even my office PC's are halfway decent

besides, you discredit the fact that state of the art PC's are relatively cheap now, and the fact that alot of people on this board rely on their computers for their day to day lives means they are probably running something decent...i could be wrong

just because we're not on mac's doesn't mean we arent tech-saavy

Guest pod

I know LAN speeds are far superior to broadband connections. But for gaming broadband does just fine unless you're really hardcore about it.

If I interact with people I tend to go to clubs, but that's just me ;D

In response to Trancepriest's comments, I've found the converse is true. Most (I said most damnit) Mac folk tend to go to pieces when things aren't just so with their computers. PC folk tend to know how to fix the problem by themselves.

I know what the response will be: "Well PCs have more problems so of course PC people will know more how to fix them!"

I could give two hoots about the style of my computer. It's a black box that I use to edit photos and go online.

Guest trancepriest

I know LAN speeds are far superior to broadband connections. But for gaming broadband does just fine unless you're really hardcore about it.

If I interact with people I tend to go to clubs, but that's just me ;D

In response to Trancepriest's comments, I've found the converse is true. Most (I said most damnit) Mac folk tend to go to pieces when things aren't just so with their computers. PC folk tend to know how to fix the problem by themselves.

I know what the response will be: "Well PCs have more problems so of course PC people will know more how to fix them!"

I could give two hoots about the style of my computer. It's a black box that I use to edit photos and go online.

Well can you play any games on your PC? Not counting solitaire or mine sweeper? If Adam had a PC fixer upper... trust me... he would have more responses. I would even volunteer if each charity case had to go through a Macintosh awareness course.

Guest pod

On my office PC I can, but I'm not a gamer.

Home, nothing recent. I'm never home anymore so upgrading my home PC is third on my list of things to do.

Guest pod

Honestly, I use my home PC for internet access. I don't work at home cause I can't get anything done. Too easy to slack off and just watch reruns of Miami Vice.

Here at the office I can edit for hours on end with zero distractions.

Guest Adam Singer

If Adam had a PC fixer upper... trust me... he would have more responses.

had a PC fixer - upper? i AM a pc fixer upper!

Guest pod

Pretty much. I can only take so much of that. I'm a geek at heart but being in the same room as them taxes my patience sometimes. Rational discourse devolves into arguments too easily.

I'd rather talk tech with a few of my friends at a bar somewhere.