Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Copperfield pulls a fast one on robbers

Guest JMT

Guest JMT

Copperfield Robbed at Gunpoint

39m.jpg

Magician David Copperfield and two female assistants were robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, after a performance in West Palm Beach, Florida. At 11:15pm, the illusionist and his assistants, Cathy Daly and Mia Volmut, were walking back to their tour bus when a black car pulled up beside them. According to a statement issued by Copperfield's representative, "At first we thought they were just more people wanting autographs. They told us to give them money and our stuff. At that point we realized that there were guns in our face." His assistants handed over money, plane tickets and other various items. Copperfield turned his pockets inside out to show he had nothing on him - a sleight of hand by the illusionist, who later showed police he was carrying a passport, wallet and cell phone. As the assailants drove away, Copperfield and Daly took down the car's license plate numbers and called the police. Officers quickly arrived on the scene and captured the suspects, who were later positively identified by the victims. Police say four teenagers were arrested, charged with armed robbery and held without bond and all stolen property was recovered. Copperfield's statement added, "I look forward to coming back to Palm Beach in the future, knowing that crime can happen anywhere, but from what I witnessed from the officers that night, we were lucky to be in Palm Beach when it did happen."

Guest LeVeL

West Palm is little by little getting like how Miami used to be.

I never knew there was such Gang Violence in Palm Beach, I read in the newspapers the other day how Mexican and Central American gangs from California have infiltrated Lake Worth bringing in nothing but Violence and deaths.

Very surprising and all this time I thought West Palm was a nice place to raise a family.

Guest ddg

there is a good article on the gangs in lake worth in the new times or city link..cant remember which one...and yes, west palm has been ghetto for a long long time now...thats why i only hit up bradleys or clematis once in a blue moon..

Guest lightgirl

There goes the neighborhood...

Seriously, where ISN'T dangerous to go out these days in Florida?

Delray?

Guest pod

There's jellyfish in Delray.

Medusas peligrosas and all that.

Oh and a 7-11 that served me up a deadly frozen burrito. Yeah it was fun being doubled over from food poisoning.

I haven't been up that way since.