Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Why should I move to Miami.....?

Guest i_love_house

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lulamishka

one thing to keep in mind is that "real" Miami is -not- South Beach, nor is it WMC year round.

Amen.

I've seen time & time again people move down to South Beach and do nothing but party party party. They see Miami like its some hedonistic society. They get all caught up with the parties & drugs & clubs, etc. They barely do much jobwise. And then once they're all dried up they move back in to mom & dad's house in St. Louis. Or you'll still find them on the party circuit looking much older from too much sun and too many late nights/mornings on drugs.

The real Miami is NOT only South Beach and WMC.

And I'm not knocking those that live on the beach. I'm speaking specifically on the ones I've personally met that have moved here, time & time again, that go thru the same motions I mentioned above.

Guest ramon

one thing to keep in mind is that "real" Miami is -not- South Beach, nor is it WMC year round.

Amen.

I've seen time & time again people move down to South Beach and do nothing but party party party. They see Miami like its some hedonistic society. They get all caught up with the parties & drugs & clubs, etc. They barely do much jobwise. And then once they're all dried up they move back in to mom & dad's house in St. Louis. Or you'll still find them on the party circuit looking much older from too much sun and too many late nights/mornings on drugs.

And I'm not knocking those that live on the beach. I'm speaking specifically on the ones I've personally met that have moved here, time & time again, that go thru the same motions I mentioned above.

St. Louis isn't it bad. It has a great underground techno scene. I'm actually thinking of visiting soon. Regardless yes Miami is not 'South Beach or WMC' is a very valid point.

Guest thelurker

Stop do not move to Miami!! I can't wait to get out of here myself. Too many fake/ materialistic people here.

Guest pod

This is true. I've seen so many people get "swallowed up", by living on the scene. You know the type, you see them everywhere. After awhile, they end up holding court at some hole-in-the wall because they're so fried they really can't tell the difference.

Guest lulamishka

Amen.

St. Louis isn't it bad. It has a great underground techno scene. I'm actually thinking of visiting soon. Regardless yes Miami is not 'South Beach or WMC' is a very valid point.

Of course Ramon would come up with a comment like that! :-*

Ramon, I'm not saying St. Louis is a bad place or doesn't have a scene. I just used it as an example as one of the people I was describing is actually from there.

Thanks for the heads up on their techno scene though. ;) lol

Guest pod

Oh for fuck's sake. There's materialistic people everywhere. Only place you'll find people who aren't is in the middle of the Gobi desert somewhere. Hell, even then they probably brag to each other on how many goats they have in their herds.

I look around, I see a good bunch co-workers, palm trees, the ocean, and good-looking people walking on the street below. It's all about how you take things in I guess. I feel for you if the only thing you see is the shallowness and materialism, which as I said above, is pretty much present wherever you go. It just manifests itself differently.

Guest musicalmissionary

I look around, I see a good bunch co-workers

STOP STARING AT ME!!

Guest ramon

oh yeah another thing that sucks is there are no seasons in miami.. ive never seen a real winter or fall.. shit looks beautiful esp the fall in the NE

take a plane!

Guest musicalmissionary

It's not so much about WHERE you are... but rather WHO you're with. There are great people everywhere and there are shitty people everywhere. Find the good ones and focus on the positives. And TRAVEL as much as possible.

Guest pod

Travel is fun, and it makes you appreciate home sometimes, too.

In the past year, I've been doing a few stints in other cities, and it made me realize certainly that we have it good here. Not just clubs and such, but the overall living conditions aren't so bad. Plus I've seen ideas and concepts that could easily be applied here at home.

Guest ramon

Amen.

Of course Ramon would come up with a comment like that! :-*

Ramon, I'm not saying St. Louis is a bad place or doesn't have a scene. I just used it as an example as one of the people I was describing is actually from there.

Thanks for the heads up on their techno scene though. ;) lol

i know .. i was just saying i have a bunch of friends up there doing really good things .. i'm actually trying to make it up there once plane tickets are cheap again.

www.alphahouse.com for the emerging st louis techno scene.

:)

go 314!

Guest LeVeL

I love Miami, you have Sunny Weather all year Round, You wont have a problem finding a job, there is a huge job market in Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

Also who cares if there is no Techno in clubs down here, Clubs shouldn't be your sole reason to move to a new Country or State.

Miami is full of culture and ethnicities, its like a rainbow full of people.

Guest pod

Also who cares if there is no Techno in clubs down here' date=' Clubs shouldn't be your sole reason to move to a new Country or State.

[/quote']

What I've been saying. I moved down here 9 years ago, and I didn't even think about nightclubs. I just happened to luck out that we have so many good ones.

I think the GMCVB should be paying us.

Guest Miss_Digital

I HATE TO BE negative but..

miami plus

1. weather

2. nitelife

3. shopping

4. beaches (if ur into that sorta thing.... and even the beaches here are not all that compared to other places)

miami bad

1. hard to meet special someone

2. very high cost of living vs what you get paid

3 if u have allergies it sucks ass all year round

4. hurricane season

1 & 3 are more a personal thing :P

you can replace those with bad traffic and high drink prices those apply to all

Guest LeVeL

miami bad

1. hard to meet special someone

2. very high cost of living vs what you get paid

3 if u have allergies it sucks ass all year round

4. hurricane season

One of the girls on CJ has to volunteer to give it up, see it as your gift to science.

Guest Electric Eel

I can't stand when people live here and do nothing but talk shit about the place, if you don't like it go away!

I grew up in Miami and when I was ready to graduate high school I vowed never to come back here. Then i moved away for school for 4 years and once that time was up I was counting down the days till I was coming back to this beautiful place. It might not have all top qualities that people are looking for but personally I could never live anywhere else. I think any city that you move to there are people that have negative things to say because those people are just negative about life and everything else. For me I go outside and see the beautiful weather (usually), the palm trees, the water all around us and think about all the great people I have met living here and know that I could never live anywhere else. Plus as many others have already said, if you are looking for something different you can jump in a plane go out of town for a weekend and get your fix.

Guest pod

True enough. Bling-blong could move to a small town, but be bored out of his mind. He could move to New York and bitch about the weather and congestion.

Guest lulamishka

Also who cares if there is no Techno in clubs down here, Clubs shouldn't be your sole reason to move to a new Country or State.

I think the GMCVB should be paying us.

I agree, Dan. :)

Guest lulamishka

I can't stand when people live here and do nothing but talk shit about the place, if you don't like it go away!

I grew up in Miami and when I was ready to graduate high school I vowed never to come back here. Then i moved away for school for 4 years and once that time was up I was counting down the days till I was coming back to this beautiful place. It might not have all top qualities that people are looking for but personally I could never live anywhere else. I think any city that you move to there are people that have negative things to say because those people are just negative about life and everything else. For me I go outside and see the beautiful weather (usually), the palm trees, the water all around us and think about all the great people I have met living here and know that I could never live anywhere else. Plus as many others have already said, if you are looking for something different you can jump in a plane go out of town for a weekend and get your fix.

Amen, sistah!!

Guest thelurker

Oh for fuck's sake. There's materialistic people everywhere. Only place you'll find people who aren't is in the middle of the Gobi desert somewhere. Hell, even then they probably brag to each other on how many goats they have in their herds.

I look around, I see a good bunch co-workers, palm trees, the ocean, and good-looking people walking on the street below. It's all about how you take things in I guess. I feel for you if the only thing you see is the shallowness and materialism, which as I said above, is pretty much present wherever you go. It just manifests itself differently.

You clearly haven't traveled much if you think Miami is just like the rest of the nation. Yes there are shallow people elsewhere but not at the rampant level there are in cities like Miami and LA. Personally I would love to live in a city like Denver or San Fran.