Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Attn: JACKIE (SASSYASS)

Guest ILLMATIC

Thanks for the heads up on Ballet Florida. I start Saturday classes next weekend. :)

Does this mean we will be seeing you in a leotard? I can't wait to see that on the patio. LOL

Guest ddg

didnt u and a certain someone already do ballet on the patio awhile back when we closed out nic f... ;):P

Guest Marina22

What kind of dance class are you taking and how much is it? I used to take ballet and jazz for years. My last class was an hour and a half for $12 a class- full warm-up, floor work, and combinations at the end.

Youre welcome!! Ive never taken the saturday classes, used to take the weekday ones...about three times a week. They are amazing and im sure you'll love them. Marina, yes they are full warm up at the barre, centre work then combinations across the floor - classical ballet with the french terms and steps Balanchine style with a piano accompany. Man i miss those classes! The prices were very reasonable too, you can buy a card of X amount of classes, rather than pay monthly dues. If i hadn't decided to take up Aikido up here, id get back into ballet.....its sooooo relaxing and beautiful.

Carisa, have you already gotten your leotard/tights/slippers? Id reccomend getting the professional seamed mesh tights and canvas slippers. Once you figured out your sizes and stuff, i suggest this online shop http://www.discountdance.com/index.php

Another great thing about Ballet Florida is that you'll get discounted student tickets to their performances. Take advantage!! The studio can be a little overwhelming cause they are sometimes not very helpful in directing you the right place but you'll get the hang of it pretty quickly. A dancers world is so amazing, i miss it so much. I dunno if you'll see Lois Hammel there on the weekends, but if you do shed be the one to help you out with info.

Good luck with your classes!!

Guest ILLMATIC

BTW i am takin hip hop lessons lol yeah i know.... who woulda thunk it.. starts out with hip hop to teach u how to move and dance alone then moves up to paired dancing

you%20got%20served.jpg

Dude if I ever hear you say "You got served" in a club I will just piss myself.

Im taking a Jazz and Tap class on Saturday mornings. I do have dance clothes already but plan to buy some "updated" stuff once I decide to stick with it. I agree that Discount Dance is the best in pricing and selection. :)

Thanks for the heads up on tickets as well. ;D

Im taking a Jazz and Tap class on Saturday mornings. I do have dance clothes already but plan to buy some "updated" stuff once I decide to stick with it. I agree that Discount Dance is the best in pricing and selection. :)

Thanks for the heads up on tickets as well. ;D

I used to take tap, i didn't like ejazz cause im so classically minded that the movement felt awkward to me. I actually still have my tap shoes in storage though i didn't really like them. I got a pair of the split sole jazz shoe with the taps but since the arch has no support, i wasn't crazy about them. I was gonna get a pair of the regular character shoes but i stopped taking tap to concentrate on ballet since i had started en pointe. After i wore thru my first pointe shoes, i pulled out the shanks and used them instead of slippers just for the feel of them. Ive tried TONS of different brands cause i used to get a huge discount when i did the books for a friend that owned a dance supply store in PBG. So if you need advice on anything just let me know. :)