Clubplanet Nightlife Community

town won't let unmarried parents live together...

Guest Adam Singer

Well, if its the town that provides the housing (which it appears to) then they have every right to restrict it. Kinda like a seniors only development but slightly different. By the article saying that they can be "evicted" im assuming that these aren't privately owned residences, since a town has no authority to evict you from your own home.

Then again, most people dont realize that when you purchase a home, you buy it subject to any restrictions of public record that are listed on your Owner's Title Insurance Policy.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Yeah I saw this on the news last week. The couple has like 3 kids together. They are also an inter-racial couple. (who knows if that played a factor into it)..

But yeah that's bullshit! I'm in the process of buying a house right now and me and my girl aren't married and we have a kid so hopefully Hollywood FL doesn't have some kind of clause we don't know about..LOL

Yeah I saw this on the news last week. The couple has like 3 kids together. They are also an inter-racial couple. (who knows if that played a factor into it)..

But yeah that's bullshit! I'm in the process of buying a house right now and me and my girl aren't married and we have a kid so hopefully Hollywood FL doesn't have some kind of clause we don't know about..LOL

No, they DONT. Besides, even if they did you are given what is called a title commitment before you close so that you can review any restrictions. You'll be fine, i been in the title industry fr 9 years and ive never come across this kind of restriction. Most just deal with HOA or building restrictions.

Guest Adam Singer

my mom got fired from her job as a teacher (in charlotte NC) because they found out she was "living in sin".

that's so messed up - why is our nation OBSESSED with religion and 'living in sin'

there is just ZERO logic behind it

something about telling others how you 'can and can't' or 'should and shouldn't' live and do is very wrong to me

Guest durrtylexx

my mom got fired from her job as a teacher (in charlotte NC) because they found out she was "living in sin".

Did she teach for a private school or something?

yep

she laughed, walked out the door

cya in hell!

ha ha

8)

Guest JMT

thats absolutely preposterous.

Guest JMT

i think this story could be somewhat misleading. to me it sounds like the town could be trying to prevent an owner from having an obnoxious amount of roommates in a small home, regardless if its adults or kids.

i think this story could be somewhat misleading. to me it sounds like the town could be trying to prevent an owner from having an obnoxious amount of roommates in a small home, regardless if its adults or kids.

Exactly. Whatever attorney prepared those restrictions or ordinances didn't know what they were doing.

Guest slamminshaun

that's so messed up - why is our nation OBSESSED with religion and 'living in sin'

something about telling others how you 'can and can't' or 'should and shouldn't' live and do is very wrong to me

Stupid rule, but....It's just as wrong to tell someone who they can and can't have living in the housing they provide. Same idea...discrimination is only illegal if its based on race, gender, national origin, or religion. You ARE allowed to discriminate based on social or economic reasons which appears to apply in this case.

Guest swirlundergrounder

It's totally scary. That's why living in America is not all what it's crcked up to be. It's as if our nation is going backwards towards the days of the Salem Witch Trials or something...LOL...Just look at how much influence the religious right wing Chirstians have on this country...

And I thought there was supposed to be seperation between church and state. More and more as time go's on it seems as if they are merging together...

It's totally scary. That's why living in America is not all what it's crcked up to be. It's as if our nation is going backwards towards the days of the Salem Witch Trials or something...LOL...Just look at how much influence the religious right wing Chirstians have on this country...

And I thought there was supposed to be seperation between church and state. More and more as time go's on it seems as if they are merging together...

I think you are missing a key point in your argument though...he said she was a private school teacher. More than likely it was a religious based school, which then has every right to terminate a teacher based on religious ethics. Fair? Well it will depend on your point of view. Im sure they would expect that their teachers be the embodiment of what they are passing on to the kids.

Also, its not NEARLY as bad as some people make it out to be here.....most countries are infinate times worse with regards to religious matters influencing political ones.

I think you are missing a key point in your argument though...he said she was a private school teacher. More than likely it was a religious based school, which then has every right to terminate a teacher based on religious ethics. Fair? Well it will depend on your point of view. Im sure they would expect that their teachers be the embodiment of what they are passing on to the kids.

Also, its not NEARLY as bad as some people make it out to be here.....most countries are infinate times worse with regards to religious matters influencing political ones.

it was a baptist-affiliated school. that's why she laughed...not sued. she knew it was their right to do so

Guest jamu

Dude sounds like something a lawyer would jump all over because it sounds like a violation of seperation of church and state if it was a public school.

Dude sounds like something a lawyer would jump all over because it sounds like a violation of seperation of church and state if it was a public school.

Like he said, it was a baptist school. Its within their rights to terminate. People need to stop being so sue-happy.

Guest jamu

If you honestly break the law you should be punished for it. If you didn't then so be it. In this case no law was broken. No law suit. But if it was a public school system. They should pursue it.