Clubplanet Nightlife Community

DANCE MUSIC IS BACK ON YOUR RADIO DIAL ON 95.3FM!!

Guest ilovedjology

Guest ilovedjology

HERES SOME FYI FOR YOU HOUSE HEADS AND CLUB GOERS... RADIATE 88.1FM IS NO LONGER THE ONLY RADIO STATION TO LISTEN TO DANCE MUSIC...THEY ADDED A NEW FRQUENCY WHICH IS RADIATE FM ON 95.3FM..SO FAR IT REACHES FROM HOMESTEAD UP TO DOWNTOWN... SO TONIGHT ON YOUR WAY TO GET YOUR GROOVE ON AT THE CLUB SCENE GET PUMPED WITH DJ OLOGY AND HIS SPECIAL GUESTS TONIGHT GABRIEL BEN AND V BUTTERFLY!!

538705405_l.jpg

Guest ilovedjology

Well the I know that they schedule eveything by genre. I know every friday starting from 4pm until 1am its all electronic , dance, house , etc etc etc .. But if you want more info on the schedule go to www.wrgp.org it should be able to give you a better understanding on how they rotate music selections. But I can tell you that they do play psa's ...

educate the masses

realistically this is not possible, in almost anything

Well at least expose the masses. If not, the next "generation" will only be exposed to hip hop. Did you ever wonder why the beach is all hip hop now? There are like 4 stations playing hip hop and no EDM stations. It's not rocket science dude. The 18-21 demographic that listens to the radio now is exposed to nothing but hip hop. So in turn there will be no "fresh blood" in the coming years. Just our generation, which inevitably is getting older. Eventually our partying and clubbing will come to a halt at a certain point in our life. We're not going to party till we're 65 you know. Look at the big picture buddy. This will sadden any true EDM fanatic. If you're not a Music person, and you're only concerned with partying, then it won't be an issue for you, because you can still party to hip hop and the bling blingers. But to EDM junkies like myself and many others, it's nothing to sneeze at and ignore like a passing fad. But hey, that's me.

educate the masses

realistically this is not possible' date=' in almost anything

[/quote']

Well at least expose the masses. If not, the next "generation" will only be exposed to hip hop. Did you ever wonder why the beach is all hip hop now? There are like 4 stations playing hip hop and no EDM stations. It's not rocket science dude. The 18-21 demographic that listens to the radio now is exposed to nothing but hip hop. So in turn there will be no "fresh blood" in the coming years. Just our generation, which inevitably is getting older. Eventually our partying and clubbing will come to a halt at a certain point in our life. We're not going to party till we're 65 you know. Look at the big picture buddy. This will sadden any true EDM fanatic. If you're not a Music person, and you're only concerned with partying, then it won't be an issue for you, because you can still party to hip hop and the bling blingers. But to EDM junkies like myself and many others, it's nothing to sneeze at and ignore like a passing fad. But hey, that's me.

hey! hey! hey! hey! watcha know bout dat! watcha know bout dat! hey i owno bout dat! (hey hoe) where them keyyys @! where them G'ssss @! loonie said i dont know bout that!

Guest ilovedjology

hey! hey! hey! hey! watcha know bout dat! watcha know bout dat! hey i owno bout dat! (hey hoe) where them keyyys @! where them G'ssss @! loonie said i dont know bout that!

GANGSTARRR!!!

Guest slamminshaun

It's pretty simple. Whatever's on the radio and MTV is what the masses want to hear in nightclubs.

Guest Adam Singer

educate the masses

realistically this is not possible' date=' in almost anything

[/quote']

If you're not a Music person, and you're only concerned with partying, then it won't be an issue for you, because you can still party to hip hop and the bling blingers. But to EDM junkies like myself and many others, it's nothing to sneeze at and ignore like a passing fad. But hey, that's me.

its great to get edm on the radio, but realistically those that want to seek out other genres of music aside from what everyone is listening to will always do so on their own.

everyone has an ipod or a cd burner and downloading software - its not like new forums of music aren't accessible

regardless, future generations and their music choice will inevitably be something different than what anything is now (perhaps a fusion)

it is something generations define themselves by, and while your radio show may be great (im not saying don't do it, you will def expose more people to EDM which is great), even knocking on doors and handing out pamphlets will not save a genre of music or inspire future generations to get involved with it. future generations inevitably will desire (and create) something new, all their own as something to define themselves with (or if it is not a strong generation, they will let marketers and MTV executives decide this for them)

its just like secular music was back in the days of classical music...go read some music literature, see what things were like 100's of years ago and how that form of music is now respected...its all cyclic

but kudos to you on the radio show, it does help!

Guest ilovedjology

I only posted this because Im not a MTV junkie nor do I listen to the radio unless I need to hear about the traffic jams... I posted it because finally I can hear what I want to hear... EDM that isnt so frickin commericalized.