Clubplanet Nightlife Community

I got a bone to pick..

Guest LeVeL

Guest macboy

Whoever goes to the AAA for the "watch party" tonight let us know how much parking cost you.

General parking is available in the P2 parking garage for $5.00' date=' with valet parking available for $10.00, while the supply lasts. Fans can enter the arena through Gates 1 and 2.

[url']http://www.nba.com/heat/registration/white_hot_promotions_contests.html

Macboy why dont you go and root for a Team that the Knicks will never be..lol

LOL you know I can't. Besides, if the Heat lose in 7 games this year they will be exactly the team the Knicks were in 1994. :P

Guest coach

Municipal Garages. In a town as landlocked as Miami, allowing street parking is utter stupidity. And unregulated is even more stupidity. You guys really need to take control of your city council and kick them in the nards.

Guest Davenavarro10

I totally agree with you Junkies. Parking prices in downtown are astronomical. If you want to save some money, get on the club's list so you can avoid paying the cover charge. And either sneak a flask in with you, or have a few cold beers by your car before you go into the club.

Guest coach

I totally agree with you Junkies. Parking prices in downtown are astronomical. If you want to save some money, get on the club's list so you can avoid paying the cover charge. And either sneak a flask in with you, or have a few cold beers by your car before you go into the club.

You could get a job and pay up...

Just sayin'.

Guest Davenavarro10

Well Coach I guess some of us just aren't made out of money like you are. There's nothing wrong with saving money. So every time you go out to a club you must spend over 100 bucks right? I mean paying 20 bucks for parking. Another 20 on a cover charge. You probably save 20 because you don't have to pay for your wife to get in. And I guess once you're inside you buy expensive ass drinks left and right, and tip everbody with 20 dollar bills, right?

Guest Ar

the solution is affordable public transportation.. works everywhere else in the world.

most of us shouldnt drive home after going there anyways.

Guest pod

^^^

For once we agree on something. ;D

Think about it, you could go home positively wrecked and not be a danger to anyone else! Unless you're an angry drunk and start fucking with people on the train or bus.

Guest Krazyjuice

It's supply and demand at its finest.

Sooner or later somebody is going to build a monster parking garage and only charge $5. They are going to make a killing, and put the parking lot attendants out of business.

Great demand, increased supply, economics at work. I see nothing wrong with people trying to make money as long as there's someone willing to pay.

Guest Davenavarro10

Public transportation in this city really sucks. It is completely unreliable. If the metrorail ran all hours of the night, I bet tons of people would park at one of the stations that are further south, and just ride the rail to downtown. Unfortunatley I think the last Metrorail Train probably passes at midnight, if not earlier. Do any of you junkies know?

Guest web_norah

That's about par for the course in New York. 20 if you're lucky.

It was 10 this past weekend at the lot where the old Space was, though.

The companies keep track of the events going on and adjust accordingly. This weekend it will be 20 at most lots because of PvD and RS.

If anything I would hope it encourages people to carpool to the clubs or use taxis and transit if possible.

20 advance tix

sometimes 40 - depends on the DJ, it can be more.

i call it DEMAND and SUPPLY

it aint right but that's just the nature of the beast.

Guest xmuzik

i agree parking prices can get out of hand in miami , if you club hard for a week and bounce around everywhere you could damn near rent a limo for a night

Come on Guys we all know this is not NYC and people need their cars to get to places more than they need it in NYC.

I looked everywhere and there was nothing less than $20.00 this past Saturday. Its just a freaking rip off to pay that much, during WMC lots were even charging $35 to $30 to park I dont think its feasable.

Guest pod

You gotta do it smart. Do transit when possible, share a cab, etc.

If you're on the beach, leave your car put and walk to the club.

Guest james stratus

Public Transportation sucks any day in this town, but try waiting for a bus on Biscayne on Saturday or Sunday Morning. Taking a cab from and to the beach from downtown is as much or more than parking. I keep saying that I wish I had bought a lot in downtown 10 years ago when land was cheap and before Quik Park bought them all, but a feasable plan would be for the club owners to get together and build parking garage.

Guest coach

Well Coach I guess some of us just aren't made out of money like you are. There's nothing wrong with saving money. So every time you go out to a club you must spend over 100 bucks right? I mean paying 20 bucks for parking. Another 20 on a cover charge. You probably save 20 because you don't have to pay for your wife to get in. And I guess once you're inside you buy expensive ass drinks left and right, and tip everbody with 20 dollar bills, right?

I think we all know how I roll.

Guest coach

Public transportation in this city really sucks. It is completely unreliable. If the metrorail ran all hours of the night, I bet tons of people would park at one of the stations that are further south, and just ride the rail to downtown. Unfortunatley I think the last Metrorail Train probably passes at midnight, if not earlier. Do any of you junkies know?

Yeah, I agree. We need way more public transport. More buses/trains, more hours, better stops, etc.

I think we all know how I roll.

excellent reply...yes, we do know how you roll. ;)

Yeah, I agree. We need way more public transport. More buses/trains, more hours, better stops, etc.

Metrorail shuts down at midnight and opens back up at 5:00 a.m. in the morning 7 days a week. After midnight there is a bus called the Midnight Owl, which services all of the Metrorail Stations from midnight to 5:30 a.m. In addition, there are several 24 hour bus routes that I am aware of like the 3 (Downtown/up and down Biscayne Blvd); S (Downtown/Biscayne/Miami Beach (Alton/Collins/ Aventura), L (Lincoln Road up Collins/John F. Kennedy 79th Street Causeway/Hialeah).

Guest pod

Public Transportation sucks any day in this town, but try waiting for a bus on Biscayne on Saturday or Sunday Morning.

It isn't that bad. The clincher is that when you're waiting at that time, you're probably drunk or hungover and it seems like forever. Especially in this heat.

I used to take the bus home when I lived on the beach since from Space to 71st Street on Normandy Isle, it was like 30 bucks, but when I moved to where I am now, it was much more feasible to cab it...five or six bucks usually...which is worth it to get to bed 20 minutes earlier than if I waited for a Biscayne bus.

The 24 hour lines are handy if you're on the beach or Downtown, too. They need more of them, at a higher frequency, even if it is only on weekends to start. 30-60 minute wait sucks. Often I'll try to remember to time it in the clubs...i.e. I know the 246 to Downtown comes by at the top of the hour when you're on Washington...

Guest james stratus

Public Transportation sucks any day in this town, but try waiting for a bus on Biscayne on Saturday or Sunday Morning.

It isn't that bad. The clincher is that when you're waiting at that time, you're probably drunk or hungover and it seems like forever. Especially in this heat.

I used to take the bus home when I lived on the beach since from Space to 71st Street on Normandy Isle, it was like 30 bucks, but when I moved to where I am now, it was much more feasible to cab it...five or six bucks usually...which is worth it to get to bed 20 minutes earlier than if I waited for a Biscayne bus.

The 24 hour lines are handy if you're on the beach or Downtown, too. They need more of them, at a higher frequency, even if it is only on weekends to start. 30-60 minute wait sucks. Often I'll try to remember to time it in the clubs...i.e. I know the 246 to Downtown comes by at the top of the hour when you're on Washington...

I used to work all the way out on Flagler and 87th way back when I didn;t have a car and worked Saturdays too. It took forever then and still does now as I took the bus home from Space a couple months ago. It took 45 minutes for a bus to come >:( Never again!

Guest pod

What station and what time did you leave the club? Just curious. If you stood on 2nd Avenue, I could see how. If you leave Space, walk or take the Mover to Omni, it is a main terminal and there's buses there all the time.