Clubplanet Nightlife Community

The Lost City

Guest Devilicious

Guest Devilicious

Andy Garcia stars in and directs, is set in late 50's Cuba, amongst political turmoil as Castro is coming to power. The film is in English, which annoyed me the whole way through. I would much prefer to read subtitles... I couldn't get past how false it seemed.

Aside from that, the movie is very good. Garcia's character owns a local cabaret and his two brothers are involved in political movements. His performance is strong, as is the female lead's [ines Sastre-gorgeous] Bill Murray's character provides a bit of comic relief in this otherwise heavy film.

I particularly enjoyed the dance and music performance scenes in the cabaret, El Tropico.

B+

Guest swirlundergrounder

How could a movie pull off Bill Murray speaking Spanish and us reading the sub titles in English as he spoke? Or would very Spanish character in the movie speak spanish and every English characters in the movie speak english?

SOunds interesting . I like both actors. Will hv 2 check out..

Guest Devilicious

Bill Murray plays an American ex-pat, "the writer", who has no name. All of the rest of the characters were supposed to be Cuban.

Check out the female lead. Seriously, so hot!

Guest Marina22

I wanted to see this when I heard about it but I did not think it was in English. Kinda sucks but not as bad as a dubbed movie. Love Andy Garcia so freaking hot and the story sounds interesting so I'll have to deal with the English. I am the same, I'd rather read a movie and be able to hear the true language than not. Check out 'Modigliani' with Andy, if you haven't yet, it's out in Blockbuster.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Bill Murray plays an American ex-pat, "the writer", who has no name. All of the rest of the characters were supposed to be Cuban.

Check out the female lead. Seriously, so hot!

39a.jpg

SDL014_InesSastre.jpg

I think you are seriously right!! :o :o :o :o :o Ines Sastre