Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sander .. what happened?

Guest ramon

Guest ramon

He went from producing gorgeous records like 'My Lexicon' and 'Sacred' to 'This is Miami' ?

I guess you can't get stuck in a time forever, but listening to Sasha's Ibiza disc you could only think the sky was the limit for the Dutchman.

Sometimes we all want to relive those moments that we may have or wish we had experienced.

anyway back to your regular program.

Guest ramon

You think his productions skills have gone downhill ?

i don't think he's not writing like he used to. i guess its a different time and this music would probably too trancy for him to do, but the man can produce it all i wish we would see more from him.

his 4 dubs ep is some sick sick fuckin house.

Guest ramon

yah so many of the sick prog guys jumped the shark and started making vanilla stuff...

i wouldnt call either of these records progressive except in the sense of it was forward thinking .. it was fuckin trance .. good trance might i add.

Guest Adam Singer

yah so many of the sick prog guys jumped the shark and started making vanilla stuff...

i wouldnt call either of these records progressive except in the sense of it was forward thinking .. it was fuckin trance .. good trance might i add.

lets not start another argument on the definition of progressive, pleasssssssssssseeeeeee no!

Guest LeVeL

I agree that when Sander first came on the scene his DJ sets and productions were more trancey and progressive. At times in his sets he tends to play like that now but he definetely switched to a more housier sound.

His productions are defintely not the same thats for sure..you can tell from My Lexicon to the The Fruit that his sound did a 360.

I do believe though that his Dj skills have improved bigtime...I remember seeing him back in 2001 and his sets not being all that mindblowing.

Guest ramon

I agree that when Sander first came on the scene his DJ sets and productions were more trancey and progressive. At times in his sets he tends to play like that now but he definetely switched to a more housier sound.

His productions are defintely not the same thats for sure..you can tell from My Lexicon to the The Fruit that his sound did a 360.

I do believe though that his Dj skills have improved bigtime...I remember seeing him back in 2001 and his sets not being all that mindblowing.

He produced house back then as well. Check out his 4 Dubs EP. One. a sick 2x12 of House.

Guest mp3some

Trance or House, those were the best days of Progressive madness....

gooooooood timesssssssssssssss.

8)

Guest LeVeL

I actually like Sander more as a DJ now in days then back in 2001. His productions are nowhere close to where he once was..but overall career wise he has made the right moves so far.

Guest Devilicious

I actually like Sander more as a DJ now in days then back in 2001. His productions are nowhere close to where he once was..but overall career wise he has made the right moves so far.

ew i so disagree... his compilations and live sets have been downhill since everybody 1 IMO, but man do I love that album, hard to follow up

Guest LeVeL

ew i so disagree... his compilations and live sets have been downhill since everybody 1 IMO, but man do I love that album, hard to follow up

expected coming from you...we just dont agree.. ;D

Guest Philip

How about comparing his Nubreed compilation to his Everbody series. Now that's shocking :o

I can see why people claim he jumped shark and ship.

Guest Cosmigonon

How about comparing his Nubreed compilation to his Everbody series. Now that's shocking :o

I can see why people claim he jumped shark and ship.

That's exactly what I'm thinking of. Major difference...

Guest Philip

Even though Sander is to cheesy for my iPod and personal listening habits, he definitely brings the party. If there is one resident at Space that I like to go see just for the fun and party - its him. If I have people coming in from out of town that wanna party and dance their ass off on the patio - Sander's the man.

Guest pod

That's what a lot of people don't just "get". Going out isn't about just overanalyzing every mix the DJ does, it's about the "total club experience" (there I plagarized it right!), which consists of not only the DJ, but the crowd, the socializing, the lighting system, the sound, and the overall theme and decor of the venue. Sander may not be this "underground" DJ that only 5 people on a messageboard listen to, but he does bring the party. Sure, he doesn't play the latest regurgitations from producer Joe Blow's studio, but in a club, that's not the important part. The important part is the party, and the DJ is a part of that "total club experience".

I think Martin is gonna sue me now. ;D

Guest Philip

And as far as Sander going downhill... I would disagree. Him and his promo agency have indentified their core audience and niche in the EDM market and have done a really good job of making new EDM fans the world over.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I totally agree with you... Most of the stuff I hear these days just doesn't take me there like it used to. I asked myself if it was just me getting old and my taste changing but music to me has become such an analytical process that I can't enjoy it innocently as much as I used to...

Not to say that I don't jive with isn't good or bad either way, I just don't get surprised as much as I used to.

I could go thorugh Beatport listening to all their new releases for a week. Say 200 songs and I'll only end up buying 2 or 3 and only really using or play 1 of those tracks....

I totally agree with you... Most of the stuff I hear these days just doesn't take me there like it used to. I asked myself if it was just me getting old and my taste changing but music to me has become such an analytical process that I can't enjoy it innocently as much as I used to...

Not to say that I don't jive with isn't good or bad either way' date=' I just don't get surprised as much as I used to.

I could go thorugh Beatport listening to all their new releases for a week. Say 200 songs and I'll only end up buying 2 or 3 and only really using or play 1 of those tracks....

[/quote']

I'm going through the same predicament...So it's not age right ???

Guest VitaminSki

He went from producing gorgeous records like 'My Lexicon' and 'Sacred' to 'This is Miami' ?

I guess you can't get stuck in a time forever, but listening to Sasha's Ibiza disc you could only think the sky was the limit for the Dutchman.

Sometimes we all want to relive those moments that we may have or wish we had experienced.

Ummmmm hey buddy..... Sander didn't produce This is Miami....Sebastian R did

Guest xmuzik

really if you think about it seriously no preogressive electronic artist has really progressed anywhere in the last 5 years except into boredom and mediocrity

Guest ramon

Ummmmm hey buddy..... Sander didn't produce This is Miami....Sebastian R did

ok fine .. let's go back to 'The Fruit' then .. you want to compare that to My Lexicon or Sacred or even Venus and Mars. There were some magical tracks on those 4 seasons ep. Nothing lately has come close.

Guest VitaminSki

Sander is the man! Throw's down a killer party !Every time I have seen him from Miami to Buenos Aires to LA to IBZ the roof always seems to get blown up and away!