Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Housing Market.

Fuckin' trippy dude...Somebody else on CJ closed on a house today... ;)

and that would be me. my advice to anyone is do NOT use a mortgage broker. they are all used car salesman. use a lender or bank directly. i worked in the industry, there is too much that can go wrong when you leave it in the hands of high school drop-outs, which is what half of the brokers out there are.

so believe it or not, i rolled the dice (j/k) and called our very own Slammin Shaun at his bank for my mortgage and the process could not have been any smoother. i got as good a rate as i could have had with a broker, didnt get railroaded with closing costs, there was no bullshit and i closed in less than 3 weeks.

Woohoo!!! Where is your new place? When is the moving party? :)

Guest ddg

Fuckin' trippy dude...Somebody else on CJ closed on a house today... ;)

and that would be me. my advice to anyone is do NOT use a mortgage broker. they are all used car salesman. use a lender or bank directly. i worked in the industry, there is too much that can go wrong when you leave it in the hands of high school drop-outs, which is what half of the brokers out there are.

so believe it or not, i rolled the dice (j/k) and called our very own Slammin Shaun at his bank for my mortgage and the process could not have been any smoother. i got as good a rate as i could have had with a broker, didnt get railroaded with closing costs, there was no bullshit and i closed in less than 3 weeks.

Woohoo!!! Where is your new place? When is the moving party? :)

did someone say a moving party?? im in!!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

some of my neighbors are 80 years old, but there is free shuffle board as long as you have shoes on.

having old neighbors is great because they are deaf and you can be loud...!!

Congrats on your purchases guys.

Im also looking for a house/condo to buy this year, was talking to miguel(mp3some) about this last night, the prices are just insane right now, u cant find a good home if its not in the 300s and that's beyond my budget.

I know elsewhere in the country you will find housing not as high up as in miami. Don't see myself leaving south florida anytime soon, so I must find something here. As far south as homestead up to boca. I'd like to stay in Broward. Im not major picky.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Im also looking for a house/condo to buy this year, was talking to miguel(mp3some) about this last night, the prices are just insane right now, u cant find a good home if its not in the 300s and that's beyond my budget.

I know elsewhere in the country you will find housing not as high up as in miami. Don't see myself leaving south florida anytime soon, so I must find something here. As far south as homestead up to boca. I'd like to stay in Broward. Im not major picky.

Well in this market you're going to have to understand that the prices of homes will not come down. They are just leveling off.

It's definetely a buyers market right now. Buyers are afraid to buy homes so sellers are not selling their homes as fast. Some people have had their home on the market for more than a year.

We bought our new home last month (We close on tuesday actually). The sellers were originally asking $475,000 when they put their home up for sale in December. June came along and we bought it from them for a litlte under $400K.

In the span of about 2 and a half months (give or take a couple of weekends off) we looked at over 30 homes in a 3x3 mile area that fit our needs (at least 4/2 with a pool or room for a pool).

If you want to buy this year I'd do it now before intrest rates rise again this may drop the asking price of some homes but then you are stuck with a higher intrest rate if you lock into some kind of long term loan.

So our strategy was to find sellers who were totally motivated. Slammin Shaun told me that people are pricing their homes at about 20-25% higher than what they are actually worth. In this process I'vee seen some buyers buy at market value which is totally stupid!!

Best thing to do is narrow down an area you want to live in, determine your needs for the next 5 years and see if your needs are within your means. Definetly buy a home that is within your means right now.I say to chose an area and stick with it so that you can get to know the market well of that particular area during your home search. Don't waste your time looking at homes all over the map. Target a neighborhood or township and do the homework there. Get to know who is selling, what they're asking, and what homes (comps) in the area are selling for. Get as much ammunition as you can before you negotiate the price of your home. And get a realtor who represents you and not the seller so they can negotiate for you. And get a realtor who knows the area well or even lives in the area. It doesn't make much sense to retain a realtor who lives in Homestead and is selling you a property in Weston and they hardly go to Weston. They will not have as good of an idea about how the market is in that area as a realtor who lives in the area you are looking for a home for...

Hell I can go on but I'd have to charge you...

I just think that if you want to buy a home between now and the next 3 or 4 years, the time to buy is now!

Im also looking for a house/condo to buy this year' date=' was talking to miguel(mp3some) about this last night, the prices are just insane right now, u cant find a good home if its not in the 300s and that's beyond my budget.

[/quote']Well in this market you're going to have to understand that the prices of homes will not come down. They are just leveling off.

It's definetely a buyers market right now. Buyers are afraid to buy homes so sellers are not selling their homes as fast. Some people have had their home on the market for more than a year.

We bought our new home last month (We close on tuesday actually). The sellers were originally asking $475,000 when they put their home up for sale in December. June came along and we bought it from them for a litlte under $400K.

In the span of about 2 and a half months (give or take a couple of weekends off) we looked at over 30 homes in a 3x3 mile area that fit our needs (at least 4/2 with a pool or room for a pool).

If you want to buy this year I'd do it now before intrest rates rise again this may drop the asking price of some homes but then you are stuck with a higher intrest rate if you lock into some kind of long term loan.

So our strategy was to find sellers who were totally motivated. Slammin Shaun told me that people are pricing their homes at about 20-25% higher than what they are actually worth. In this process I'vee seen some buyers buy at market value which is totally stupid!!

Best thing to do is narrow down an area you want to live in, determine your needs for the next 5 years and see if your needs are within your means. Definetly buy a home that is within your means right now.I say to chose an area and stick with it so that you can get to know the market well of that particular area during your home search. Don't waste your time looking at homes all over the map. Target a neighborhood or township and do the homework there. Get to know who is selling, what they're asking, and what homes (comps) in the area are selling for. Get as much ammunition as you can before you negotiate the price of your home. And get a realtor who represents you and not the seller so they can negotiate for you. And get a realtor who knows the area well or even lives in the area. It doesn't make much sense to retain a realtor who lives in Homestead and is selling you a property in Weston and they hardly go to Weston. They will not have as good of an idea about how the market is in that area as a realtor who lives in the area you are looking for a home for...

I just think that if you want to buy a home between now and the next 3 or 4 years, the time to buy is now!

thx for your response terry 8)

one of the reasons i was flexible in the location is mainly because of the price i was looking for. I did not do a search on mls or consult a realtor yet, because i thought if i were to just look at say pompano beach for example i wouldnt be able to find what im looking for in terms of price, size, ect. If maybe the price was in the 300s-400s there would be alot more homes available just about anywhere.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Well in this market you're going to have to understand that the prices of homes will not come down. They are just leveling off.

thx for your response terry 8)

one of the reasons i was flexible in the location is mainly because of the price i was looking for. I did not do a search on mls or consult a realtor yet, because i thought if i were to just look at say pompano beach for example i wouldnt be able to find what im looking for in terms of price, size, ect. If maybe the price was in the 300s-400s there would be alot more homes available just about anywhere.

What are you looking for for?

Guest JMT

diogo, start looking at the listings at realtor.com. my search process took several months. you definitely have to be patient. luckily, i have a friend who is a realtor so i just asked him to schedule a walk-thru at any listings that popped up that i liked, thus skipping all the bs of looking at ones i knew i had no interest in.

Guest swirlundergrounder

diogo, start looking at the listings at realtor.com. my search process took several months. you definitely have to be patient. luckily, i have a friend who is a realtor so i just asked him to schedule a walk-thru at any listings that popped up that i liked, thus skippingall the bs of looking at ones i knew i had no interest in.

yeah Realor.com is good. I found my house on Expertrealty.com

When you find a house you like look at the tax rolls online at www.zillow.com

Type in the address of the house you like and it will show you the value of it for the last decade and how much it sold for previously. You can also assign the search parameters to find the vlaue of comparable homes in that area and also find out the price of sales of homes in your area over the last several years. The ones you want to base your offer on are based on the comparables in the area that have sold over the past 6 months.

This is a good way to see if homes have been selling in that area in the past several months and if little to no homes have sold in the area you like (which could be the case) you can low ball your offer to sellers and tell them that 'x' amount of homes have sold or not sold in your area..

That's what we did.

Guest swirlundergrounder

If you want advice on trading oil in the futures market then Shaun is not the person to go to.

Terry' date=' Terry, Terry....don't ever say I'm not the person to go to.

US Crude Oil Futures Fall....

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Business/US-crude-oil-futures-fall/2006/07/19/1153166417849.html

If you want advice on how to stop animal cruelty then ask Shaun. If you want advice on how to stop Global Warming then don't ask him.. :P

Guest lyrik

Had to bump this thread...builder just called and we broke ground today on our next house! These duded to mess around either...permits will be done in 2 weeks house should be built in no more than 4 months!

Guest mp3some

Housing Market News:

Merrill Declares 'Bear' Market in Housing

In a new report, Merrill Lynch declares that housing is in a bear market and that a "buyer's market" for homes should last for "years." Merrill notes that the unsold inventories of homes continue to pile up, and that resale prices are flattening in the single-family market, while declining for condominiums. Meanwhile, a new report by Friedman Billings Ramsey says home price gains will continue to slow nationwide. FBR is still bullish on the nation's largest market, California. It predicts that house prices in the state "should rise by a median year-over-year rate of 24.1% in 1Q07, whereas they had risen by a median year-over-year rate of 21.7% in 1Q06." FBR cautions that home price gains in California will not be uniform.

Fed Reports Cooling Housing Markets

Housing markets have "cooled" and residential mortgage lending has declined in most parts of the country, according to the Beige Book, the Federal Reserve Board's periodic report of economic activity. Except in the St. Louis and Dallas districts, the Federal Reserve Banks reported that new- and existing-home sales declined and inventories of unsold homes rose in June and the first two weeks of July. The Dallas Federal Reserve Bank reported some "cooling." But demand for housing "remains strong" and construction activity has been "robust," the district bank said. "As home demand has slipped more generally, scattered reports indicated a strengthening in demand for rental units," the Beige Book says.

Just as expected... ;)

Guest lyrik

Housing Market News:

In a new report, Merrill Lynch declares that housing is in a bear market and that a "buyer's market" for homes should last for "years." Merrill notes that the unsold inventories of homes continue to pile up, and that resale prices are flattening in the single-family market, while declining for condominiums. Meanwhile, a new report by Friedman Billings Ramsey says home price gains will continue to slow nationwide. FBR is still bullish on the nation's largest market, California. It predicts that house prices in the state "should rise by a median year-over-year rate of 24.1% in 1Q07, whereas they had risen by a median year-over-year rate of 21.7% in 1Q06." FBR cautions that home price gains in California will not be uniform.

Housing markets have "cooled" and residential mortgage lending has declined in most parts of the country, according to the Beige Book, the Federal Reserve Board's periodic report of economic activity. Except in the St. Louis and Dallas districts, the Federal Reserve Banks reported that new- and existing-home sales declined and inventories of unsold homes rose in June and the first two weeks of July. The Dallas Federal Reserve Bank reported some "cooling." But demand for housing "remains strong" and construction activity has been "robust," the district bank said. "As home demand has slipped more generally, scattered reports indicated a strengthening in demand for rental units," the Beige Book says.

Just as expected... ;)

I would have to agree nationally - but there are some areas that may slow down but not anything near being titled bearish...I think SFL is one of those places where it is slowing but not plummeting.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Housing Market News:

Just as expected... ;)

But interest rates are going to go up even though the price of homes is cooling off so basically the time to buy is now and lock into the interest rate today for a 30 year mortgage. Unless you don't plan to be in your house for more than 5 years just get a lower 5 year arm...