Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Housing Market.

Guest mp3some

These are great news! :D

Another sign that the market is is coming back to normal levels. For the most part, we see sales declining partly due to the voracious speculative and flipping buyers slowly stepping out of the market, while at the same time we see property appreciation rates over last year coming back to normal levels of 6-7-8%. As far as prices dropping, they will not plummet, but as long as there are buyers lowballing offers, and motivated sellers willing to settle for a little less than their listing price, the correction will continue.

There is still a very big demand for properties in THIS market. People will continue moving to SoFL for a truckload of reasons, but what I would focus my attention to now, from the investor POV is the rental market. Income producing properties. Not the high end condos, but myabe muti-unit, low rise, avg mid income household segment. -- Investors will eat up positive cash flow deals, and it looks like they are certainly coming back.

As an end user, i would hunt for a bargain rental in the luxury condo segment, finding someone who cant handle the mortgage payment and will be glad to bailed out from selling the unit in a softening market.

just my 1.5 cents. :)

Guest Seb

i was on the "wait and see" train for a bit. but i decided to pull the trigger.

ya I'm still on that train, just going to enjoy the upcoming renters market for a little while before we make any buys

Guest JMT

ya I'm still on that train, just going to enjoy the upcoming renters market for a little while before we make any buys

i dont blame you, the flamingo is a cool complex.

Guest Seb

i dont blame you, the flamingo is a cool complex.

we're actually moving out of there. Not sure where yet, probably downtown/Brickell area

Guest slamminshaun

I talk to people everyday who say, "yeah, its about time...pretty soon the prices of houses will be right back to where they used to be 2 years ago". Dude, wake up and smell the Florida oranges. You'll have a better chance of getting hit by lightning.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Well I bought a house 2 weeks ago...So I pulled the trigger

4/2 pool home 1930 sq feet in Hollywood Hills. The sellers wanted $475K, we got it for $395K.

Guest rhythmdoc

4/2 pool home 1930 sq feet in Hollywood Hills. The sellers wanted $475K' date=' we got it for $395K.

[/quote']

Good Deal!!!! :)

Guest coach

Was hearing a similar op/ed piece about the American housing market as a whole. Fortunately, we are just unloading our old house in Dallas this week or so. As long as nothing bungs up the works, should be signing the papers on July 9.

Guest swirlundergrounder

4/2 pool home 1930 sq feet in Hollywood Hills. The sellers wanted $475K, we got it for $395K.

Good Deal!!!! :)

Yeah. It needs a fews upgrades which we're going to do b4 we move in but all in all it's a charming house...

Guest Seb

4/2 pool home 1930 sq feet in Hollywood Hills. The sellers wanted $475K' date=' we got it for $395K.

[/quote']

congrats TJ ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

congrats TJ ;D

Thank you ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

Fuckin' trippy dude...Somebody else on CJ closed on a house today... ;)

I actually took your advice that you gave me while were drunk at Shine on my Bday and you told me that sellers were pricing their homes 20% over what they are actually worth....That was my golden rule when looking for a house. And you were right. For once...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JMT

and that would be me. my advice to anyone is do NOT use a mortgage broker. they are all used car salesman. use a lender or bank directly. i worked in the industry, there is too much that can go wrong when you leave it in the hands of high school drop-outs, which is what half of the brokers out there are.

so believe it or not, i rolled the dice (j/k) and called our very own Slammin Shaun at his bank for my mortgage and the process could not have been any smoother. i got as good a rate as i could have had with a broker, didnt get railroaded with closing costs, there was no bullshit and i closed in less than 3 weeks.

Guest swirlundergrounder

and that would be me. my advice to anyone is do NOT use a mortgage broker. they are all used car salesman. use a lender or bank directly. i worked in the industry, there is too much that can go wrong when you leave it in the hands of high school drop-outs, which is what half of the brokers out there are.

so believe it or not, i rolled the dice (j/k) and called our very own Slammin Shaun for my mortgage and the process could not have been any smoother. i got as good a rate as i could have with a broker and there was no bullshit and i closed in less than 3 weeks.

I didn't use a broker and we got a 30 day closing. We went directly to the bank.

Shaun gave me some good advice when looking for a house so that I wouldn't end up paying way to much. We stuck with a plan and our house actually over appraised what we ended up paying for it.

Guest mp3some

so believe it or not, i rolled the dice (j/k) and called our very own Slammin Shaun for my mortgage and the process could not have been any smoother. i got as good a rate as i could have had with a broker, didnt get railroaded with closing costs, there was no bullshit and i closed in less than 3 weeks.

So, wait...

Is Shaun a HS drop-out car salesman or does he work for a bank???

Do you endorse using a mortgage broker or not?

???

btw, congratulations on your new condo! ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

so believe it or not, i rolled the dice (j/k) and called our very own Slammin Shaun for my mortgage and the process could not have been any smoother. i got as good a rate as i could have had with a broker, didnt get railroaded with closing costs, there was no bullshit and i closed in less than 3 weeks.

So, wait...

???

If you want advice on trading oil in the futures market then Shaun is not the person to go to.

If you are thinking of buying a home or getting a mortgage then he's the one to talk to....

Guest swirlundergrounder
our house actually over appraised what we ended up paying for it.

nice. my condo did too.

Congrats. I had no idea it was you who bought a property. Where abouts is your condo if you don't mind me asking?

Guest JMT
So, wait...

???

thanks man!

no, i definitely dont recommend using a broker whenever possible. they will rip you off any chance they get. yes, slammin shaun works for a bank.

Guest JMT
Congrats. I had no idea it was you who bought a property. Where abouts is your condo if you don't mind me asking?

thank you sir. im in del boca vista (boca raton). some of my neighbors are 80 years old, but there is free shuffle board as long as you have shoes on.

Guest mp3some

thank you sir. im in del boca vista (boca raton). some of my neighbors are 80 years old, but there is free shuffle board as long as you have shoes on.

Seinfeld Classic! ;D