Clubplanet Nightlife Community

thank god for WiFi in airports

Guest jbit

Guest jbit

cause my dumb ass scheduled the wrong flight time and im sitting in Ft Lauderdale airport right now killing time on the internet :P

Guest trancepriest

cause my dumb ass scheduled the wrong flight time and im sitting in Ft Lauderdale airport right now killing time on the internet :P

What kind of device are you using to access the net?

Guest pod

did you find a plug or are you milking the laptop battery life?

There's plugs in FLL, but they are hotly contested on busy days.

FLL is nice, since there's free wi-fi pretty much across most public areas, and even a respectable signal outside where the airport vans pick you up. It's mostly B, which is fine for just browsing while waiting for your flight. The premise being that unless you're unlucky in the airport roulette, you're there for a short time.

Guest speedway

sure would be nice for MIA to get any kind of WIFI, free or not...anyone know if they are working on that?

Guest pod

According to MIA's website, the hotel within the airport provides WiFi.

Hard to say whether they have plans to deploy it widely there. I have a feeling they'll leave it up to the airlines to provide it in their terminals themselves.

Next time I fly out of there, I'll sniff around and see what I can find.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Next time I fly out of there, I'll sniff around and see what I can find.

Don't sniff to hard around the terminal that flights from Columbia come in and out of....LOL..

Guest jbit

did you find a plug or are you milking the laptop battery life?

what POD said, you just have to jockey for an AC outlet. I've been here for way too many hours for my poor battery to keep up. The bandwidth was more plentiful this morning but its still not that bad. The Cisco Aironets are spaced just right so you can get coverage just about everywhere.

I missed my flight this morning @ 7am, got another flight @11am which they canceled because the engine was banged up, now there about to delay my 7pm flight due to bad weather along the eastern seaboard.....FUUUUUCK!!!!!!!

Guest Mattivi

"the bitch" said it best one time when she said "MIA is a flea market held hostage by american airlines"