Clubplanet Nightlife Community

WTF is with all the reality shows!!!!

Guest james stratus

Guest james stratus

Tonight all the 8pm shows on all the broadcast stations are crappy reality shows!!!! >:( This is out of hand!

Guest ILLMATIC

Tonight all the 8pm shows on all the broadcast stations are crappy reality shows!!!! >:( This is out of hand!

TV shows are all F@#Ked up now!

My theory is once there is a camera in front of there is no reality.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Cheap actors, strong sponsorship and product placement making reality show profitable. That combined with the fact that humans are very interesting people and are voyueristic in nature adds to the reality show craze which has been going on for 15 plus years now..

Guest bootstah

no seriously tonight on tv was pretty effin lame imo, I had to turn to MTV for my source of entertainment and that's not saying much at all... ???

Guest james stratus

no seriously tonight on tv was pretty effin lame imo, I had to turn to MTV for my source of entertainment and that's not saying much at all... ???

Whoa, whoa, whoa... MTV? I'm so sorry :P

Guest Davenavarro10

Terry I have to disagree with you. The reality show craze has not been going on for the past 15 years. Yes shows like the Real World have been around since the early 90's, but this reality television trend taking over network t.v. probably started in 2000, with the first Survivor. I for one can't stand it. There is no such thing as reality t.v. If there were a real reality t.v. show, it would be incredibly boring. The only thing on t.v. that I would consider real is the news, and even that is edited. Reality t.v. I find to be extremely lame. Thanks to reality t.v. I spend a lot more time working out, on the computer, listening to music, or grappling.

Guest Marina22

I like both, some reality and some regular shows. You really can't complain bro, we have so many more choices to pick from now than you would have ten years ago. For example, TV in England was pretty sucky when I lived there and I heard it still is. Maybe TV is not your bag, maybe it's reading. :)

Guest james stratus

Well 10 years ago X-Files was my favorite show and it was still the best show on TV before it went down hill. My second favorite was DS9. NBC's Must See Thursdays was overall good TV and way better than it has been in the last few years. Broadcast TV was better overall then. Now Cable is king and broadcast for the most part has gone down the tubes.

The only "Reality" shows I actually watch are the ones on Discovery without the wanna be superstars and actors that pose as real people that plauge MTV and Broadcast. MTV is actually the worst of them all... and where the hell did the music go ???

Guest Davenavarro10

I guess the bottom line is that it's cheaper for Networks to create and cast Reality shows as opposed to sitcoms or dramas with actors who demand hefty salaries. I mean do you guys remember how much the cast of Seinfeld were making per episode during the last season? It was astronomical. With Reality t.v. I don't think they have to pay the participants residuals if the show is ever re-run or if it goes into syndication.

Guest lulamishka

It's the summertime. Most of the good stuff on the broadcast networks comes on in the Fall. Now is when they play all the fluff (or reruns).

Guest Devilicious

America's Top Model is like an endorsement of bulimia.

Bulimics are rarely extremely thin, because they actually ingest the calories before puking them up. Many of the girls on the show are very thin, but none that I have seen struck me as grossly underweight. People rag on skinny girls all the time... it's in their genetic makeup to be thin! A lot of skinny girls hate it and wish they had curves... try to gain weight. Anyway the show is highly amusing. ;)

Guest swirlundergrounder

Terry I have to disagree with you. The reality show craze has not been going on for the past 15 years. Yes shows like the Real World have been around since the early 90's, but this reality television trend taking over network t.v. probably started in 2000, with the first Survivor. I for one can't stand it. There is no such thing as reality t.v. If there were a real reality t.v. show, it would be incredibly boring. The only thing on t.v. that I would consider real is the news, and even that is edited. Reality t.v. I find to be extremely lame. Thanks to reality t.v. I spend a lot more time working out, on the computer, listening to music, or grappling.

No the craze was not as high 15 years ago as it has been in the past several years. You forgot one other show on MTV..Road Rules.

But all of those Talk Shows, like Ophra, Jerry Springer, Maury, Sally Jessie Rafeal and court room shows like Divorce Court and People's court. Those shows spawned the reality TV craze and those shows are still popular shows to watch now.

You just see reality TV in a different light now because most of it is contest based.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I'd rather watch the weather channel.

And you'd rather hang out with Max Mayfield..

We'll all be hanging with him soon in a few weeks...lol