Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bricks Nightclub

Guest Gladius

Guest obby

Damn!!! and I thought I was tough.

Good luck to this new venue. I used to party there in the Firehouse days.

Good times!!!!

It's not the old Firehouse. It's the old "Rio", "River", "Pure", and I think a couple of other names. The place across from Big Fish and Associated Photo.

See ya at 6!

My bad!

I wish them luck regardless. The sound loop of "Röyksopp - What Else Is There" on their webpage tells me they have good taste in sounds (I hope).

;D

Guest Ariel

Damn!!! and I thought I was tough.

Good luck to this new venue. I used to party there in the Firehouse days.

Good times!!!!

It's not the old Firehouse. It's the old "Rio", "River", "Pure", and I think a couple of other names. The place across from Big Fish and Associated Photo.

See ya at 6!

Whats up Dade!!!!

Guest JustDade

What's up Ariel?? Head over to Bricks at 6 and have a drink with us.....I'm pretty sure D.Grutman will be there also.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest outbound_psyche

just saw the pics on two nights site, looks ok i guess...no good looking chicks in those 200+ pics except for maybe 10...i have high standards dont shoot me

if the chicks were like the chicks that went to nikkis 4th of july, than id be all over that in no time next weekend...

;)

what is "two nights" website? i tried searching, but no luck.

thanks!

Guest pod

Monitored pours suck. You can't make a stiff drink for a kind regular customer. Also, on a psychological level, if I was a bartender, I'd have this immediate feeling of distrust emanating from management.

Guest outbound_psyche

hmmm no idea why the last post screwed up but its the number 2 than night .com

thanks, i must have been doing something wrong, i tried every single way of saying "tonight.com" when i was searching. oh well.

Guest outbound_psyche

Also, on a psychological level, if I was a bartender, I'd have this immediate feeling of distrust emanating from management.

why? you mean u think the managers are stiffing ppl with the amount of alcohol?

Guest pod

In a way yes. At most venues, management allows you to treat your regular customers. With this pour system, that ability is handicapped.

Guest outbound_psyche

oh...ok. yea i can see that. i thought u meant something else.

a lot of the bartenders dont like the fact that they have those, but the manager swears that they "pour heavy". oh well.

Guest Gladius

yea I believe it can be set to where they want it and from what I was told you do get a good pour atleast out of bricks berg system.

Guest outbound_psyche

they said they did that because it saves time. the bartenders dont have to spend as much time at the screen ringing in drinks with the pourers....it just rings it up automatically. makes sense to me.

Guest vaughan

Shameless self-promotion is in poor taste... A for effort...

Did anyone check out Blue last Saturday? I heard the house sounds were really tasty and the chicks were hot. My friends were all there and had a great time. I heard every last Saturday of the month is great.

Guest outbound_psyche

Did anyone check out Blue last Saturday? I heard the house sounds were really tasty and the chicks were hot. My friends were all there and had a great time. I heard every last Saturday of the month is great.

lol

can i get an A+ please?

i was just trying to figure out what he/she meant by not trusting the managers and then we got into the whole pourer situation. but yea, i work there. u dont see me saying, "OMG! everyone go there, it rocks!"

i was doing a search on google for bricks to see where the pictures were posted and i came across this forum. sorry, didn't mean to get ur panties/briefs in a big knot:p carry on.

Guest coach

lol

can i get an A+ please?

i was just trying to figure out what he/she meant by not trusting the managers and then we got into the whole pourer situation. but yea, i work there. u dont see me saying, "OMG! everyone go there, it rocks!"

i was doing a search on google for bricks to see where the pictures were posted and i came across this forum. sorry, didn't mean to get ur panties/briefs in a big knot:p carry on.

I'm not sure he was referring to you.

Guest pod

Bars and clubs have survived for hundreds of years without monitored pours. ;D

As a professional drunk, I just find it unnatural.

Guest brasiliandrunk

what? automatic pours?? how fucking queer , fuck that , not going and will UN-RECOMMEND to everyone... ha!

Automatic pours suck. Not because the bartender can't make a stiff drink. That's BS. The Venue can have those stupid robots make a stiff drink by default if they really want to. And it's not about pouring 90% liquor 10% mix. Too much alcohol is not good either. A good bartender will tell you that a perfect blend of alcohol, and mix is what yields the perfect drink. The reason I think automation sucks, is because it takes away the "human" element from the whole experience. Kinda like when you call At&T and you waste 90% of your time pressing buttons. Frustrating to say the least. Sometimes you would rather talk to a human being. The same way I would rather have a person pour and mix my drink.

Guest pod

It takes away the variances too. Some people like drinks strong, some like them normal, still others like them a little light.

Guest GoodLife

We went on friday night, me and a group of friends from work. Was a great time, music was on par with miami's top 20 house if you know what im saying , :( "i dont want nobody baby"_" this is miami"_etc etc, plus hip hop and salsa mixed.

One or the other peeps come on now. Nice venue though. :o

Guest ramon

had a blast and i concur.

Guest JustDade

yea I believe it can be set to where they want it and from what I was told you do get a good pour atleast out of bricks berg system.

For Joe Average off the street you sure do seem to have a lot of info about Bricks....HHhhmmmmmm