Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Sidekick 3 vs Treo

Guest macboy

By the way, the unlocked E61 is down to $375. Time for you nokia "fanboys" to put your money where your mouth is.

Guest ILLMATIC

By the way, the unlocked E61 is down to $375. Time for you nokia "fanboys" to put your money where your mouth is.

Really hook me up! Last time I checked I saw them for close to 1G.

Guest ramon

where?!

I'm a good month away from getting it atleast.

Guest pod

Blackberries are the "device du jour" for the corporate set right now. Honestly, I wouldn't use one unless it was issued to me. There's devices out there that far exceed it's capabilites. The E61 being one, and the MDA/HTC Wizard being another. Most people I know want to throw their BBs against the wall after two weeks.

Sidekick = I'm 16 and love boybands.

BB = They gave it to me.

Treo = They gave it to me.

E61 = I know what's up.

MDA = I know what's up.

Of course with the latter two devices, you should try to get an unlocked version.

Guest macboy

Blackberries are the "device du jour" for the corporate set right now. Honestly, I wouldn't use one unless it was issued to me. There's devices out there that far exceed it's capabilites. The E61 being one, and the MDA/HTC Wizard being another. Most people I know want to throw their BBs against the wall after two weeks.

Sidekick = I'm 16 and love boybands.

BB = They gave it to me.

Treo = They gave it to me.

E61 = I know what's up.

MDA = I know what's up.

Of course with the latter two devices, you should try to get an unlocked version.

Pod, you shouldn't be putting down the mac base because you are one of the biggest gadget snobs I know.

For every bb user you say you know that wants to throw it against the wall, I'll give you one that loves it and says it's indispensible.

MDA, from what some have told me, is buggy and slow, though still a very good device.

E61 does not seem to be out there in such mass quantities that there is any sort of consensus. Seems like a great device, though reports are there are some incompatibilities with T-Mobile (according to howardforums).

Treo - stuck in the '90s

Sidekick - very useful device and loved by all except gadget snobs. If it can do text, email, IM, web, phone, and if you really want, mp3 and camera, what's not to like about it?

BTW, since you keep bragging about the e61, when the hell are you getting it? :P

For those who asked, check the the e61/e62 thread from a while back for the links to the sites that sell it. It's down to $375-380 now. Enjoy.

Guest pod

Well, I just plunked down money on a new camera body, so the gadget budget is recovering. Next up is the E61 though.

Plus, I never buy a product the minute it comes out. I let it lie for a month or two and let the bugs get exposed and worked out. I did it with my new camera body actually, it came out in March, I purchased it in June.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably use the Sidekick if I had one given to me, but it's kinda like using a pink MacBook (to give you an analogy), it does what you want it to, but damn, you look like a girl using it.

Well, I just plunked down money on a new camera body, so the gadget budget is recovering. Next up is the E61 though.

Plus, I never buy a product the minute it comes out. I let it lie for a month or two and let the bugs get exposed and worked out. I did it with my new camera body actually, it came out in March, I purchased it in June.

Don't get me wrong, I'd probably use the Sidekick if I had one given to me, but it's kinda like using a pink MacBook (to give you an analogy), it does what you want it to, but damn, you look like a girl using it.

Ummm.....last time i checked - I AM A GIRL.

:)

So i got it! Got the sidekick and we'll see how i like it. I have 14 days to decide if its what i want. I can either swap it out for the MDA or cancel the contract altogether. Not such a bad deal. It ended up being about $350 for a one year contract and my monthly payment is a little less than $60. Kick ass! And its not really as bulky as i thought it might be.

Question though, do you think that i can get a little crappy phone to throw my sim card into for when i go to a club or something where i dont want to take my phone? I know i have swapped phones with no problem but i haven't had any fancy services. Techies?

Guest DrFired

So i got it! Got the sidekick and we'll see how i like it. I have 14 days to decide if its what i want. I can either swap it out for the MDA or cancel the contract altogether. Not such a bad deal. It ended up being about $350 for a one year contract and my monthly payment is a little less than $60. Kick ass! And its not really as bulky as i thought it might be.

Question though, do you think that i can get a little crappy phone to throw my sim card into for when i go to a club or something where i dont want to take my phone? I know i have swapped phones with no problem but i haven't had any fancy services. Techies?

Should work. Just make sure that the phone is also one of the phones T-Mobile carry as well or the phone could support T-Mobiles Cellular Bands.