Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space

240turbo

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Marina22

I've never heard Ivano in the main room but why was he so bad? You gotta back it up at least. For example, I went to see Roger Sanchez and I was not that impressed in the main room. Two reasons: he spun a few of the same tracks that Cedric spun and it was a little too comercial. We left at 6:30 since we were there so early and Alan and Gina said he was great on the patio. Why such a difference, shouldn't a good dj be able to to both? Djs shouldn't be pigeon holed as a "patio dj" or "main room" dj, at least I wouldn't want to be.

Guest spinderella7713

Hey Rick it was good to see you Sat night!!! Ivano Rocked the main room..I mean OG is OG....but I was pretty impressed with Ivano!!!

Guest PR Junkie

Ive seen him downstairs and in the terrace...but I think that that terrace has something evil that when that blond sunrises it gets insane up there!!!

I've never heard Ivano in the main room but why was he so bad? You gotta back it up at least. For example, I went to see Roger Sanchez and I was not that impressed in the main room. Two reasons: he spun a few of the same tracks that Cedric spun and it was a little too comercial. We left at 6:30 since we were there so early and Alan and Gina said he was great on the patio. Why such a difference, shouldn't a good dj be able to to both? Djs shouldn't be pigeon holed as a "patio dj" or "main room" dj, at least I wouldn't want to be.

to me a "main room" dj would be the type of dj that plays str8 nyc house, dark tribal, banging non stop, hard shit...take og for example, or a matter of fact im not sure if u have listened to victor calderone - its nonstop music than u can dance to a track for more than 10mins without having a completelly different song come up and ur like wtf...basically the non top 10 songs u hear in any miami club.

where a "patio dj", you'd play the top 10 songs plus whatever else u wanna throw it in there cuz half of the people there are into that stuff...esp women, hot women, love the girly songs, commercial house, this is miami, ect u get the idea...i dont mind those songs from time to time, but it's always nice to hear something more different, something u can dance to for more than 20 minutes w/out having one track beat be totally off than the other...for people that understands that they know what im talking about...no consistency.

overall good party, im not hating on dj a or dj b...so people don't start getting wet bout he/she said this ;) :-*

holla

Guest ilovedjology

Rick! I saw you ha ha! ITs ok you can leave the facial hair on! I thought Ivano rocked it. I had a blast.... But there nothing like OG! And Jenn,....FINALLY WOMAN. I hope you are feeling better!

Guest spinderella7713

Rick! I saw you ha ha! ITs ok you can leave the facial hair on! I thought Ivano rocked it. I had a blast.... But there nothing like OG! And Jenn,....FINALLY WOMAN. I hope you are feeling better!

Im getting there!!! Next Sat I'll be in full force. lol

Guest ilovedjology

Im getting there!!! Next Sat I'll be in full force. lol

YOu better.... I wont dissappear next time!

Guest slamminshaun

I have like 3 text messages on my cell phone from Sunday morning about Ivano....each one of them said it was too bad I was missing his set, because apparently he was tearing it up. Something about Bodyshaker vs. Elektro on the fly.....pretty cool. I always liked his patio sets, but to be honest, I was usually not crazy about his main room sets either.

Nah while i agree with Diogo for the most part my interpretation of what works in the main room vs. patio is this:

Main room is for darker music, more tribal, less vocals more beat.

Patio is more upbeat, more vocals stuff like Bombdogs - I can't explain and old school patio classics like D-Note, Sapphirecut, etc. Get the women dancing on the bars and speaker boxes, with the sun shining.......ah i miss the patio.

Its not a matter of pigeon holing a dj as to whether he should be a patio dj vs. main room dj, its just what their sound is more suited to.

Roger is the new king of the patio, taking over where Morillo left off (or fell off). The original king of the patio was Ivano, visiting king was Lawler. Those of you that were there KNOW.

Guest spinderella7713

Nah while i agree with Diogo for the most part my interpretation of what works in the main room vs. patio is this:

Main room is for darker music, more tribal, less vocals more beat.

Patio is more upbeat, more vocals stuff like Bombdogs - I can't explain and old school patio classics like D-Note, Sapphirecut, etc. Get the women dancing on the bars and speaker boxes, with the sun shining.......ah i miss the patio.

Its not a matter of pigeon holing a dj as to whether he should be a patio dj vs. main room dj, its just what their sound is more suited to.

Roger is the new king of the patio, taking over where Morillo left off (or fell off). The original king of the patio was Ivano, visiting king was Lawler. Those of you that were there KNOW.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. I love those days.

Guest AlanS

I only caught maybe the last hour of RS in the main room, I thought he did well, lots of classic nyc style house, very creative mixing and use of accapellas, lots of energy, overall the right vibe IMO. The S-man def has the skills to work both rooms, but I could see how you might be turned off as it being too commericial and repetative.

Guest Clauds

Cedric's set (both in the main room and in the patio) was definitely out of hand. It was nice to see some of you guys...Rick, Andrew, Diogo, Josh, Ariel, MayLing, Diaga, Spinderella (nice to meet you btw) and last but certainly not least Parantuuuuula.

I had a blast and a half...'Til next time! ;)

Guest spinderella7713

Cedric's set (both in the main room and in the patio) was definitely out of hand. It was nice to see some of you guys...Rick, Andrew, Diogo, Josh, Ariel, MayLing, Diaga, Spinderella (nice to meet you btw) and last but certainly not least Parantuuuuula.

Always nice to put a face to this board!!!

Good seeing everybody BTW. The reason I made that statement is because, Ivano was putting me to sleep. I find him boring in the mainroom. You can really tell the difference when OG is rockin it, you cannot leave the mainroom. When Ivano is there, I end up going to the second floor or the patio to listen to hip-hop. That should tell you something. OG is very consistent and has good taste in music. Sleepini's records all sound the same.

I don't even like Cedric that much either, but he can hold down the mainroom much better than Sleepini.

Guest HouseJunkie

I've never heard Ivano in the main room but why was he so bad? You gotta back it up at least. For example' date=' I went to see Roger Sanchez and I was not that impressed in the main room. Two reasons: he spun a few of the same tracks that Cedric spun and it was a little too comercial. We left at 6:30 since we were there so early and Alan and Gina said he was great on the patio. Why such a difference, shouldn't a good dj be able to to both? Djs shouldn't be pigeon holed as a "patio dj" or "main room" dj, at least I wouldn't want to be.

[/quote']

Good seeing everybody BTW. The reason I made that statement is because, Ivano was putting me to sleep. I find him boring in the mainroom. You can really tell the difference when OG is rockin it, you cannot leave the mainroom. When Ivano is there, I end up going to the second floor or the patio to listen to hip-hop. That should tell you something.

I'm don't even like Cedric that much either, but he can hold down the mainroom much better than Sleepini.

Who plays on the patio?

Guest VitaminSki

SPACE was sick this weekend. nice crowd.. hot chicks everywhere.. great service.

Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm hot chicks

Guest GoodLife

Goodlife

Guest Clauds

Goodlife

How could I forget? You and Diogo are unforgettable...you two were the tallest guys in the patio...lol