Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Space

240turbo

Cedric's set (both in the main room and in the patio) was definitely out of hand. It was nice to see some of you guys...Rick, Andrew, Diogo, Josh, Ariel, MayLing, Diaga, Spinderella (nice to meet you btw) and last but certainly not least Parantuuuuula.

I had a blast and a half...'Til next time! ;)

Goodlife

How could I forget? You and Diogo are unforgettable...you two were the tallest guys in the patio...lol

spotted!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HouseJunkie

I've never heard Ivano in the main room but why was he so bad? You gotta back it up at least. For example' date=' I went to see Roger Sanchez and I was not that impressed in the main room. Two reasons: he spun a few of the same tracks that Cedric spun and it was a little too comercial. We left at 6:30 since we were there so early and Alan and Gina said he was great on the patio. Why such a difference, shouldn't a good dj be able to to both? Djs shouldn't be pigeon holed as a "patio dj" or "main room" dj, at least I wouldn't want to be.

[/quote']

Good seeing everybody BTW. The reason I made that statement is because, Ivano was putting me to sleep. I find him boring in the mainroom. You can really tell the difference when OG is rockin it, you cannot leave the mainroom. When Ivano is there, I end up going to the second floor or the patio to listen to hip-hop. That should tell you something. OG is very consistent and has good taste in music. Sleepini's records all sound the same.

I don't even like Cedric that much either, but he can hold down the mainroom much better than Sleepini.

Deep Dish is also referred to as Sleep Dish so i guess it all boils down to ones musicial preference.

Guest gotdrums13

Nah while i agree with Diogo for the most part my interpretation of what works in the main room vs. patio is this:

Main room is for darker music, more tribal, less vocals more beat.

Patio is more upbeat, more vocals stuff like Bombdogs - I can't explain and old school patio classics like D-Note, Sapphirecut, etc. Get the women dancing on the bars and speaker boxes, with the sun shining.......ah i miss the patio.

Its not a matter of pigeon holing a dj as to whether he should be a patio dj vs. main room dj, its just what their sound is more suited to.

Roger is the new king of the patio, taking over where Morillo left off (or fell off). The original king of the patio was Ivano, visiting king was Lawler. Those of you that were there KNOW.

there will NEVER be a patio like the old patio. period.

I was there on Sat. as well (I hadn't been there in ages), and I dont know what it is that everyone likes about that electro sound so much.

I mean, yeah I do play a couple here and there but not my whole set. It actually got on my nerves.

Nah while i agree with Diogo for the most part my interpretation of what works in the main room vs. patio is this:

Patio is more upbeat, more vocals stuff like Bombdogs - I can't explain and old school patio classics like D-Note, Sapphirecut, etc. Get the women dancing on the bars and speaker boxes, with the sun shining.......ah i miss the patio.

Its not a matter of pigeon holing a dj as to whether he should be a patio dj vs. main room dj, its just what their sound is more suited to.

Roger is the new king of the patio, taking over where Morillo left off (or fell off). The original king of the patio was Ivano, visiting king was Lawler. Those of you that were there KNOW.

there will NEVER be a patio like the old patio. period.

I was there on Sat. as well (I hadn't been there in ages), and I dont know what it is that everyone likes about that electro sound so much.

I mean, yeah I do play a couple here and there but not my whole set. It actually got on my nerves.

I totally agree J. That time has come and gone.

I know what you mean, that electro just doesn't have enough soul for me.

Guest Belgian Kat

I've never heard Ivano in the main room but why was he so bad? You gotta back it up at least. For example, I went to see Roger Sanchez and I was not that impressed in the main room. Two reasons: he spun a few of the same tracks that Cedric spun and it was a little too comercial. We left at 6:30 since we were there so early and Alan and Gina said he was great on the patio. Why such a difference, shouldn't a good dj be able to to both? Djs shouldn't be pigeon holed as a "patio dj" or "main room" dj, at least I wouldn't want to be.

to me a "main room" dj would be the type of dj that plays str8 nyc house, dark tribal, banging non stop, hard shit...take og for example, or a matter of fact im not sure if u have listened to victor calderone - its nonstop music than u can dance to a track for more than 10mins without having a completelly different song come up and ur like wtf...basically the non top 10 songs u hear in any miami club.

where a "patio dj", you'd play the top 10 songs plus whatever else u wanna throw it in there cuz half of the people there are into that stuff...esp women, hot women, love the girly songs, commercial house, this is miami, ect u get the idea...i dont mind those songs from time to time, but it's always nice to hear something more different, something u can dance to for more than 20 minutes w/out having one track beat be totally off than the other...for people that understands that they know what im talking about...no consistency.

overall good party, im not hating on dj a or dj b...so people don't start getting wet bout he/she said this ;) :-*

holla

Agree completely, I personally want a hard banging DJ on the main floor as well and when I'm ready to go to the patio, I'm ready to tone it down a bit but still feel the vibe. You described it very well.

I was not there so I cannot comment but I will say that I have seen both of them on the main floor and on the patio as well, both of them very good. Personally, Ivano always sticks in my mind for good old patio days, and when I have a party with friends and want tone it down a bit, I'll put on "Dreamscapes" and "Miami After Hours" to this day....

Guest Belgian Kat

God, I must be getting old because I DO remember that 8)

Guest Belgian Kat

Cedric's set (both in the main room and in the patio) was definitely out of hand. It was nice to see some of you guys...Rick, Andrew, Diogo, Josh, Ariel, MayLing, Diaga, Spinderella (nice to meet you btw) and last but certainly not least Parantuuuuula.

Always nice to put a face to this board!!!

How do yo do that by the way, I've been wanting to meet CJs when I'm at Space, is there a secret code, a special wink, a certain style ??? or by invite only... ;)

Guest ramon

Dreamscapes. Wow, that's an old one. That's not even patio music, it's very trancey.

what you can't play trance on the patio?

one of the biggest records this season is neo-trance record called doppelwhipper TIP!

Guest Belgian Kat

ohh the patio.. haven't done that in a year :-[

miss it at times

ditto, it's been about that long for me too but i've been feeling an itch to go there at least one more time.... uhh, the recuperation after that though.... :P

Guest Belgian Kat

You kind of take a wild guess.

kind of tried that last time, I was about to ask some guys who would fit the description but decided not to in order to not offend my male friend I was with and him thinking I was trying to hit on some guys ::)

Guest Belgian Kat

Dreamscapes. Wow, that's an old one. That's not even patio music, it's very trancey.

I don't believe I ever heard it on the patio, I think everyone would fall asleep if they played that on the patio. Don't get me wrong, it's a great cd (I think) but not patio material...

Guest Devilicious

How do yo do that by the way, I've been wanting to meet CJs when I'm at Space, is there a secret code, a special wink, a certain style ??? or by invite only... ;)

On the patio you can usually find me and some others by Ray's bar...his spot is at the main bar on the end that is on the side near the men's room [the west end or right end if you are facing the bar] I haven't been going very often though lately, just too darn hot.

Guest Belgian Kat

On the patio you can usually find me and some others by Ray's bar...his spot is at the main bar on the end that is on the side near the men's room [the west end or right end if you are facing the bar] I haven't been going very often though lately, just too darn hot.

Thanks, I'll try to spot you CJs when i go next, I know exactly the spot your talking about. The heat though is pretty brutal, last time I was on the patio (at night) was for PVD and I was already drenched!

Guest Belgian Kat

I don't stick out in a crowd. Have someone point me out if anything. I'm a real wallflower.

Yeah ok whatever. That has to be the most sasrcastic thing ive heard you say Dan.

thank you for confirming that, I wasn't buying that to begin with, Pod, I guess it's that sarcastic type english humor you have... ;D

Guest Marina22

I've been on CJ for a while now and I just saw some ppl in pics or their own avatar and then it might mention their name in a thread... Process of elimination, now I have just started meeting people but not all of them. Once you meet a few they can point the way at the party, no secret butt pinch or anything ;)

Guest Cosmigonon

What ^she said.

My opinion. Not hating on Ivano, just speaking the truth. Take it how you want. You don't like it, shove it.

As far as locals go

Main Room@New Space: Oscar G... It's his domain, no if's and's or maybe's. Ivano is a major disappointment. He cannot hang. You have to be seriously fucked up out of your mind to say that he comes anywhere close to OG.

Patio@New Space: Roland. Point blank.... That patio has not had the same vibe since Roly left (Remember Roland marathon?). His funky sounds are unparalelled and perfect for the patio. Ivano ran the old patio and those are just wonderful memories... On the "new" patio he sounds much better than in the mainroom, but still not impressive.

Like I've said a million times on this board. It's not about playing the latest records. It's about having good taste in music. Old or new, and not being scared to experiment. Knowing how to make people move their asses even if they are sober. It's that simple... A DJ needs to understand that before anything. Unfortunately everybody is a "mee too" and not a DJ.

I've come to realize that "DJ" is a relative term . And too many people in this industry mistakenly label themselves as one, when all they do is play records.