Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Here's Ernesto!!!!!

Guest LeVeL

Guest LeVeL

This storm looks like its headed into the Lousiana/Texas Area..

isaecar.gif

iscar.jpg

As of 11 a.m. EDT, Tropical Depression 5 was located about 340 miles south of San Juan, Puerto Rico. Its maximum-sustained winds were near 35 mph, just 4 mph below tropical storm strength.

With a strong zone of shear to the west of the depression, the pace of the storm will determine its fate. Tropical Depression 5 is moving west at about 15 mph; however, it is expected to turn to the northwest later today. If the storm maintains its current speed, higher winds to the west will prevent any significant intensification. However, if the storm slows down, the winds will shift to the northwest, allowing the storm to move into an environment that is more conducive for development.

The storm will dump 1 to 2 inches of rain on the Windward Islands, Puerto Rico, Hispaniola and the Virgin Islands, while interests in Jamaica and the Cayman Islands have also been advised to monitor the progress of TD-5.

Guest pod

Debby is going out to sea already.

It's the next one that local forecasters are watching. If it gets stronger, it will be called Ernesto.

Guest slamminshaun

As of 11am today, the storm is supposed to give us a direct hit....whatever happened to it hitting New Orleans?? Fuckin' scientists....Jamu, are there any "peer reviewed" meteorologists out there?

025435W_sm.gif

Guest mp3some

It's back baby. Hurricane fever is back!

Shorter day today and tomorrow...

I already have Wednesday off... :P

I heard there is already lines at the gas stations around my office.........

I can only imagine Publix everywhere.... :-[

I hope it doesn't directly go over the miami dade/broward area. It would suck to have severe damage around here....

apuscg_050829C3550N_05BV4.jpg?g2_GALLERYSID=95057b68bf8a30e80438d2497cac954e

:-\

Guest michael^heaven

Curious...are your friends taking this puppy as lightly as mine? Retards IMO! My mates are like...eh..."I'm not worried about it!" Since I live on a barrier island, the police have very strict wind regulations for our access bridges. 50+mph windspeed & all bridges are permanently closed until the winds die down. In addition, as winds approach that speed, the police road block the bridges with police cars, bulldozers, & dumptrucks. They will only allow access if you have a beachside address on your d-license & a disaster access pass. Without both, they will not let you pass. A lot of my friends don't have either (including both of my roommates). Oh well! They don't care so...whateva! House to myself! 8)

Guest jbit

Curious...are your friends taking this puppy as lightly as mine? Retards IMO! My mates are like...eh..."I'm not worried about it!" Since I live on a barrier island, the police have very strict wind regulations for our access bridges. 50+mph windspeed & all bridges are permanently closed until the winds die down. In addition, as winds approach that speed, the police road block the bridges with police cars, bulldozers, & dumptrucks. They will only allow access if you have a beachside address on your d-license & a disaster access pass. Without both, they will not let you pass. A lot of my friends don't have either (including both of my roommates). Oh well! They don't care so...whateva! House to myself! 8)

You know you have your board(s) waxed up and ready to go just in case .... just like me ;D

Guest michael^heaven

You know you have your board(s) waxed up and ready to go just in case .... just like me ;D

Oh, hell yeh!!! That's what's choice about mandatory evacuations....EMPTY LINEUP!!! :P

Guest jbit

Oh, hell yeh!!! That's what's choice about mandatory evacuations....EMPTY LINEUP!!! :P

true that

Guest Devilicious

I went to the beach yesterday and it was great... mad windy and beautiful waves, and that ocean scent that we rarely get around here was in the air. Today is windy, but we have had barely any rain.

I have to work today >:(