Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Brand New Matinee Set for Download !!!

Guest Seb

So I took a little break from recording sets for a little while, finally got my lazy ass to put something together. This set was done in part to showcase some of the sounds that you can expect from the new weekly party that I'm involved in, Matinee @ Nikki Beach. Nothing too obscure here, just some nice grooves for you to listen to in your car or help get you through your day and look forward to the weekend. This set was mixed and arranged using Ableton Live, all scratching and mixing was performed by yours truely :) Track listing is below, enjoy!

Seb

Click Here for Matinee Download

Matinee Track Listing:

1. Djuma Soundsystem – Les Djinnes (Trentmoller mix)

2. Bookashade – Night Falls (Seb’s Crazy mash up)

3. Satoshi Tommie – Glow (Spirit Catcher mix)

4. Kirk Degiorgio, Esoterik – Starwaves (Spirit Catcher mix)

5. Skylark – When in Rome

6. Dark Mountain Group – Lose Control (main mix)

7. Francois Dubois – Blood

8. Switch – A Bit Patchy (Eric Prydz mix)

9. Level 42 – Lessons in Love (Buick Project mix)

10. Sebastian Leger – Hypnotised

11. Pashka ft. Jeoma – Island Breeze (Trentemoller mix)

12. Mike Monday – Bhalobashi (Seb’s Get it Together scratchapella)

Matinee_back.jpg

Guest psboyuk

Francois Dubois – Blood is a favourite of mine right now. Also like the Djuma Soundsystem – Les Djinnes (Trentmoller mix). Had not heard the Level 42 – Lessons in Love (Buick Project mix) b4 - loved what they did to Tiefschwartz - Damage. Also, Pashka ft. Jeoma – Island Breeze (Trentemoller mix) is a fav of mine.

Great mix!!! Thx 4 posting!

;D

-Dennis

www.soulxpres.com

Francois Dubois – Blood is a favourite of mine right now. Also like the Djuma Soundsystem – Les Djinnes (Trentmoller mix). Had not heard the Level 42 – Lessons in Love (Buick Project mix) b4 - loved what they did to Tiefschwartz - Damage. Also, Pashka ft. Jeoma – Island Breeze (Trentemoller mix) is a fav of mine.

;D

-Dennis

www.soulxpres.com

hey thanks Dennis, never realized you had such a diverse taste, glad to see your digging the tracks :) hope to see you soon @ LB 8)

Guest psboyuk

;D

-Dennis

www.soulxpres.com

hey thanks Dennis, never realized you had such a diverse taste, glad to see your digging the tracks :) hope to see you soon @ LB 8)

Hey Sebastian!

I like a wide range of music. I prefer to spin soulful house and funky house, but love to add tech house and some harder tracks into the mix. I've always said - if it's good, I'll play it. I hate categories when it comes to house music. Anything that moves my soul is good.

I'll probably miss you're laundry debut, but let me know when you want to come back and I'll be there!! ;D

-Dennis-

www.soulxpres.com

www.lust4house.com

Guest Cosmigonon

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude, this set is awesome!!!!!!! :o

Is this your third one???

third one? this is the first set I've done for the Matinee party :)

No, I meant your third compilation set. I mean, I remember the october demo '04, and the makin moves '05, so I was wondering if you had made another one besides this one that I was not aware of...

Duuuuuuuuuuuuude, this set is awesome!!!!!!! :o

Is this your third one???

third one? this is the first set I've done for the Matinee party :)

No, I meant your third compilation set. I mean, I remember the october demo '04, and the makin moves '05, so I was wondering if you had made another one besides this one that I was not aware of...

gotcha ;), ya this is the 4th set that I've put up on line, first 2 were "Makin Moves" and the 3rd was "Canadian Bacon". I've got a ton of sets @ home dating as far back as '95. Most of those are on an ancient form of recording media called cassette tape, I would put those ones up too but they're pretty rough :P

Nice... ;)

I have the other one Eddy gave me.

Was that also mixed by you Seb??

actually that one was probably done by Chistian Falero who's also playing @ Matinee. ;)

Technically - In a word...flawless. The scratching was on point, the beat matching was perfect, the gains were right.

Arranging - The first song was dope, the second had a nasty bass line but from there until about 30 -35 you lost me, then you sucked me back in. I think you lost me due to my musical preference and I'm sure the prog man Alex will say I'm full of it. :P

Did you use Live for the echo's on your scratches or is that still the Pioneer?

Some of the (excuse the technical terms) effects, echoes, and other stuff really added a nice touch to the mix.

Overall - This shit rocks yo! 8)

Technically - In a word...flawless. The scratching was on point, the beat matching was perfect, the gains were right.

Arranging - The first song was dope, the second had a nasty bass line but from there until about 30 -35 you lost me, then you sucked me back in. I think you lost me due to my musical preference and I'm sure the prog man Alex will say I'm full of it. :P

Did you use Live for the echo's on your scratches or is that still the Pioneer?

Some of the (excuse the technical terms) effects, echoes, and other stuff really added a nice touch to the mix.

Overall - This shit rocks yo! 8)

Its funny I think Alex told me the exact opposite, He preferred the first half and wasn't so big on the vocal tracks at the end. You can't make everybody happy. Ya I used live for all the effects, much more in depth than using the pioneer. and actually I didn't use any dj equip for this set, everything was mixed entirely within Live using MP3s (no vinyl). I'm glad you liked the set Ruben, thanks for listening :);) ;D