Clubplanet Nightlife Community

What Annoys You at Work/Office/Etc??

Guest michael^heaven

Guest michael^heaven

Something that keeps happening, cued this thread(& the club annoyances thread). People that stand behind you & look at what you're doing on your computer. WTF!!! Go do your job, get some coffee, take a wiz, stop lurking at my monitor!! >:( >:(

Guest cutchemist

I write the date hundreds of times a day....I write the wrong date once and I have to have a conference with FDA regulators and DEA agents. ::)

Guest endymion

The thermostat for my office is 25 blocks away. They will mess with it for me if I call them and ask. Gee thanks. I'm constantly freezing because the music and modeling biz people on my floor run around high on caffeine and nicotine all day and they want it cold, and they're real quick to rip out the mobile phone and call the thermostat. Argh. "My own thermostat" is definitely on my list of requirements before I buy an office condo.

Guest lulamishka

The Office Nazi. I'm sure all of you have at least ONE person that qualifies for this title in your office.

::) ::) ::) Argh!!! aiudhf aekfjiuasdyf8 hwi sipfuhafkvbusdfvdsf

Guest swank

The thermostat for my office is 25 blocks away. They will mess with it for me if I call them and ask. Gee thanks. I'm constantly freezing because the music and modeling biz people on my floor run around high on caffeine and nicotine all day and they want it cold, and they're real quick to rip out the mobile phone and call the thermostat. Argh. "My own thermostat" is definitely on my list of requirements before I buy an office condo.

Always one(or two) person who thinks the office is their personal living room and fiddles with the thermostat constantly. Imagine an office of twenty people wearing sweaters because one person is always 'HOT' >:(

The Office Nazi. I'm sure all of you have at least ONE person that qualifies for this title in your office.

and let's not forget the person who thinks they're on 'survivor' always forming alliances everywhere and talking behind everyone's back... :-X

Our building lets people in and out during the day with no prior screening. Solicitors come by our office all the time trying to sell us toner or inkjet ink.

Nevermind our company name (Track Entertainment), people think we're a record label, and come in all the time asking to speak to someone in A & R.

Guest endymion

Nevermind our company name (Track Entertainment), people think we're a record label, and come in all the time asking to speak to someone in A & R.

Isn't it worth it when that happens sometimes? There are a lot of lost models on my floor that come in looking for directions. I don't mind the bizarre guy who comes by with night club flyers every week because the lost models make it worth it.

When the phone system loses a call in limbo and I have to figure out why.

Oh wait, I'm "the tech".

It's fun though, I get to dick around with stuff.

Guest Adam Singer

nothing, i love work - they pay me to come up with ideas, its absolutely great ;D

in terms of office space kinda stuff - the front door ALWAYS shocks me in our office suite

it sucks, i always try to ground myself before i walk in/out

Guest eskimogirl2005

My pet peeve at any job is a person or people who act as if they too are contributing & they are not. I don't care if it has no effect but more often than not it slows down or undermines the work of everyone else. My motto for work: "Do each job as if it's your company!"

Guest endymion

Sentences like this annoy me at work:

To the extent that the consents and waivers referred to herein are not obtained by Seller or until the impediments to the sale, assignment, transfer, delivery or sublease referred to therein are resolved, Seller shall use its reasonable best efforts to (i) provide, at the request of Buyer, to Buyer the benefits of any such Asset referred to herein, (ii) cooperate in any lawful arrangement designed to provide such benefits to buyer, and (iii) enforce, at the request of and for the account of Buyer, any rights of Seller arising from any Asset referred to herein against any third person (including a government or governmental unit) including the right to elect to terminate in accordance with the terms thereof upon the advice of Buyer.

One sentence, 124 words.