Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Lawler At Space

Guest Axl_Rose

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Philip

got on the terrace around 7am and stayed for Lawlers set. fantastic morning. it was definitely NOT a snorefest. enjoyed everything he played. the party out-of-control as usual. great seeing so many of you out there. time for a nap and the Nikki Beach.

Guest ramon

I went to see Lawler with no expectations and I got a whole lot of good things to say about him.

He fuckn rocked the patio with some great records.

Rodmaal - Insomnia (Ame remix)

Oxia - Domino

Criss Source - Hugsnkisses

Nic fanciulli - Lucky Heather

Danny Daze - ?

feel free to add some more.

Guest Philip

Pete Heller - Simpler FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest ramon

Pete Heller - Simpler FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats what i was forgetting ;)

thank you.

lovely tune .. is out on Phela yet?

Guest LeVeL

good seeing u ramon 8)

good seeing everyone else out there too!

level havent seen ur ass in a long ass time! good seeing u buddy!

sick night - im still out of it!

Good seeing you too Diogo...

I have to say...that I always believed in Lawler, its been almost 2 years since I saw Lawler and eventhough it was not the Lawler of old he still threw it down. I decided this time around to play it safe and see Lawler do a Terrace set only, Fuck the Main-Room this time around.

The only thing I am disappointed about is that Lawler only played a 2 hour set and you can see from his last song that the crowd wanted more. His set was very upbeat and just went great with the Patio atmosphere and yes Lawler played some minimal and the sound went great with his DJ set, I really hope that he makes his return to Space sometime soon. I really enjoyed going to Space for the Patio only.

By the way, I wanted to ask does the Terrace floor always tremble the way it does...it just feels like the whole Terrace floor is going to cave in on us.

Guest Marina22

good seeing u ramon 8)

Good seeing you too Diogo...

I have to say...that I always believed in Lawler' date=' its been almost 2 years since I saw Lawler and eventhough it was not the Lawler of old he still threw it down. I decided this time around to play it safe and see Lawler do a Terrace set only, Fuck the Main-Room this time around.

The only thing I am disappointed about is that Lawler only played a 2 hour set and you can see from his last song that the crowd wanted more. His set was very upbeat and just went great with the Patio atmosphere and yes Lawler played some minimal and the sound went great with his DJ set, I really hope that he makes his return to Space sometime soon. I really enjoyed going to Space for the Patio only.

By the way, I wanted to ask does the Terrace floor always tremble the way it does...it just feels like the whole Terrace floor is going to cave in on us.

[/quote']

Ugh, you even went to this?! How does it happen that I've seen Steve like ten times and everyone went (even ppl that weren't even supposed to go *cough* Diego ;D) and I don't make it. >:( :'( Well there be other times, but I'm glad all you fockers got to go anyway. :P

Really wanted to go to both events but on five hours of sleep and about four of mostly techno I was done with sore jello legs. I kinda figured what Steve was going to spin beforehand, mostly electro with even some minimal tech and that the main room was going to be so so. I am surprised that he only spun a two hour set on the patio though. ??? How long did he spin in the main room and did he go up to the patio right away? Anyway, whoever has set lists, pictures, or videos give them up por favor. :D Till next time Steve on the patio ftw! :D :'(

good seeing u ramon 8)

By the way' date=' I wanted to ask does the Terrace floor always tremble the way it does...it just feels like the whole Terrace floor is going to cave in on us.

[/quote']

It's weird that you mentioned this.. We were just talking about this a few weeks ago.

In a way it's almost scary.. think about it... the avg person weighs what? times this by X amount of people up there... and it's an awful lot of weight... could you imagine what would happen if that rooftop caved in? people upstairs.. and people downstairs.. it would be a disaster... i have seen the disco balls in the main room shaking because of the upstairs. how much weight can the rooftop of a building hold?

i just hope that it's something that they have looked at and engineerd because accidents do happen.. and this would be a catastophie.

Guest LeVeL

He played 3 hrs on the patio......I hated to see it end. Nice putting some more faces to names.

It was 2 hours sweety...there was a DJ that was playing before him...that was spinning pretty goo but dont have no idea who it was.

But it was a 2 hour set on the Patio...

Guest LeVeL

good seeing u ramon 8)

It's weird that you mentioned this.. We were just talking about this a few weeks ago.

In a way it's almost scary.. think about it... the avg person weighs what? times this by X amount of people up there... and it's an awful lot of weight... could you imagine what would happen if that rooftop caved in? people upstairs.. and people downstairs.. it would be a disaster... i have seen the disco balls in the main room shaking because of the upstairs. how much weight can the rooftop of a building hold?

i just hope that it's something that they have looked at and engineerd because accidents do happen.. and this would be a catastophie.

Off all my years of going to the Patio, yesterday was the first time that I felt that floor tremble like that and yeah the patio was packed but I can imagine how much tha floor shakes for patio performances by Morillo, Sanchez and Sharam.

Guest ramon

to the people who minmal work in miami .. there you have it. even ivanno got into the act by playing body language an trespass ;) (his first 2 records)

steve played a great set and touched on many genres which is always a good thing. i really enjoyed the opening. the more minimal tech-house stuff sounded amazing there and really set the mood for the madness that would come.

Guest Marina22

good seeing u ramon 8)

Yes, that's what Dave and I were just saying too. Has anyone ever seen that show on the National Geographic channel 'Seconds from Disaster'? :o

Guest Marina22

to the people who minmal work in miami .. there you have it. even ivanno got into the act by playing body language an trespass ;) (his first 2 records)

steve played a great set and touched on many genres which is always a good thing. i really enjoyed the opening. the more minimal tech-house stuff sounded amazing there and really set the mood for the madness that would come.

What other genres since you say many? What time did you end up leaving? Steve has said before that he is know for his intros and that he always puts alot of thought into them. Trackalista? :D

Guest ramon

What other genres since you say many? What time did you end up leaving? Steve has said before that he is know for his intros and that he always puts alot of thought into them. Trackalista? :D

He played some house some electrohouse and maybe a few records that could even be deemed techno. :o :o

Guest Marina22

He played some house some electrohouse and maybe a few records that could even be deemed techno. :o :o

Nice! My friend 'bassdropper' saw him this morning for the first time (since I had told him to come with us :-[). So when he asked me what Steve spun I had told him house, electro, and techno since I thought this would be the case.. :(

Guest ramon

His recent set from Space Ibiza he started off with MPX309 by Joris Voorn so I knew he had definitely been picking up some other styles of records ;)

Guest lulamishka

I've always loved his intros. One I can think of more recently (since I wasn't at Space today...) is the great one he has on his Viva CD3... GAWD I love that intro!! I can put that shit on repeat.