Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Steve Lawler At Space

Guest Axl_Rose

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good seeing u ramon 8)

good seeing everyone else out there too!

level havent seen ur ass in a long ass time! good seeing u buddy!

sick night - im still out of it!

Good seeing you too Diogo...

I have to say...that I always believed in Lawler, its been almost 2 years since I saw Lawler and eventhough it was not the Lawler of old he still threw it down. I decided this time around to play it safe and see Lawler do a Terrace set only, Fuck the Main-Room this time around.

The only thing I am disappointed about is that Lawler only played a 2 hour set and you can see from his last song that the crowd wanted more. His set was very upbeat and just went great with the Patio atmosphere and yes Lawler played some minimal and the sound went great with his DJ set, I really hope that he makes his return to Space sometime soon. I really enjoyed going to Space for the Patio only.

By the way, I wanted to ask does the Terrace floor always tremble the way it does...it just feels like the whole Terrace floor is going to cave in on us.

Ugh, you even went to this?! How does it happen that I've seen Steve like ten times and everyone went (even ppl that weren't even supposed to go *cough* Diego ;D) and I don't make it. >:( :'( Well there be other times, but I'm glad all you fockers got to go anyway. :P

Really wanted to go to both events but on five hours of sleep and about four of mostly techno I was done with sore jello legs. I kinda figured what Steve was going to spin beforehand, mostly electro with even some minimal tech and that the main room was going to be so so. I am surprised that he only spun a two hour set on the patio though. ??? How long did he spin in the main room and did he go up to the patio right away? Anyway, whoever has set lists, pictures, or videos give them up por favor. :D Till next time Steve on the patio ftw! :D :'(

i give it up to diego he got there like 1? lol...we were next door at twilo than headed over to space bout 6.

i have pics n videos from both clubs, i will post them when im fully recovered/relaxed. :)

luis - yea the patio always trembles like that - i know that weird feeling

Guest dahzel

good seeing u ramon 8)

By the way' date=' I wanted to ask does the Terrace floor always tremble the way it does...it just feels like the whole Terrace floor is going to cave in on us.

[/quote']

It's weird that you mentioned this.. We were just talking about this a few weeks ago.

In a way it's almost scary.. think about it... the avg person weighs what? times this by X amount of people up there... and it's an awful lot of weight... could you imagine what would happen if that rooftop caved in? people upstairs.. and people downstairs.. it would be a disaster... i have seen the disco balls in the main room shaking because of the upstairs. how much weight can the rooftop of a building hold?

i just hope that it's something that they have looked at and engineerd because accidents do happen.. and this would be a catastophie.

Off all my years of going to the Patio, yesterday was the first time that I felt that floor tremble like that and yeah the patio was packed but I can imagine how much tha floor shakes for patio performances by Morillo, Sanchez and Sharam.

i've definitely felt that floor shake. it reminds me of the high school bleachers when they used sway back and forth. i don't think anything would happen but anything is possible. that would be really really bad... real bad :o

Guest mr.miami

good seeing u ramon 8)

By the way, I wanted to ask does the Terrace floor always tremble the way it does...it just feels like the whole Terrace floor is going to cave in on us.

It's weird that you mentioned this.. We were just talking about this a few weeks ago.

In a way it's almost scary.. think about it... the avg person weighs what? times this by X amount of people up there... and it's an awful lot of weight... could you imagine what would happen if that rooftop caved in? people upstairs.. and people downstairs.. it would be a disaster... i have seen the disco balls in the main room shaking because of the upstairs. how much weight can the rooftop of a building hold?

i just hope that it's something that they have looked at and engineerd because accidents do happen.. and this would be a catastophie.

Off all my years of going to the Patio, yesterday was the first time that I felt that floor tremble like that and yeah the patio was packed but I can imagine how much tha floor shakes for patio performances by Morillo, Sanchez and Sharam.

i've definitely felt that floor shake. it reminds me of the high school bleachers when they used sway back and forth. i don't think anything would happen but anything is possible. that would be really really bad... real bad :o

Well, look at it like this. If it did happen and you survived the experince I'm pretty sure you could find someone to sue for the moolah.

Guest itsalexg

Who was the DJ that played in the Mainroom after Steve Lawler?

qba from parantula.. he rocked it :) i enjoyed his set ALOT more than steves

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

lawler was aight nothing to go crazyn about though

ivanbo did one hell of a job

diego !!!!! ughughughughuhguhguhguhg

u fukin drunk

Guest ramon

Pete Heller - Simpler FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

out Oct 23rd on Phela Records.

Guest musicalmissionary

WOW!! His main room set was A-FUCKIN-MAZING!!... beyond description.

Unfortunately I was too drunk by the patio to remember what that sounded like, but it looks like that was good too. If I could bottle up the emotions running through my brain from 4:50am to 5:30am in the main room I'd have the best drug in the world.

See y'all next weekend for Fanciulli...

Guest fairyDust

I wish he would've played a longer patio set since I didn't catch him in the main room, overall it was a pretty good 2 hour set. For us who have followed Lawler for a while know that his style is completely different now, so I've basically stopped moaning & groaning about how I miss the old Lawler days. He's transitioned, and he's doing a good job...change is always good :)

And that shaky floor feeling at the patio, yeah pretty scary...

Guest fairyDust

The patio has ALWAYS shaken like that ever since I've been going, nothing new.

btw, nice to see you Lilly... ;)

Well as you know I don't do afterhours too often these days, but I don't remember it ever shaking like that when I used to go more often ???

Nice seeing you too Josh :)

Guest durrtylexx

Pete Heller - Simpler FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

f'ing choooooooooooooooooon!!

Guest ramon

f'ing choooooooooooooooooon!!

the breakdown that never ends. ;)

Guest Axl_Rose

Hey Axl Rose, did you end up going to both shows or just Steve Lawler? :)

Nah I just went to Space but omg it was great, He freaking rocked like the old times. Conooooooo is all I can say haha :P

Guest ddg

got there around 1....ivano set up the room nicely....lawler came on and did ok.....like people said, he only played 2 hrs downstairs...left around 4 ish and came back after i took some friends home...lawler did pretty good on the patio...crowd was good...good seeing some of you....ivano played a couple of the same songs on the patio that he played in the main room...but other than that, he did ok...gino did a really good job too on the patio.....he had our little crew rocking out...

big glasses of jager and redbull taste delicious

gino skullfucked the main room after lawler.....he was rocking that shit nasty..

i still love that rodamaal - insomnia (ame) track...sounds sooo good on that system

thx ariel for the tix...always appreciated as you know...funny thing is when i left space i found 8 drink tix on the street....they went to good use when i went back to space..lol

i hang with an alcoholic crew

i need to know that song that gino played (i think)...something that goes "im in love with you" or something like...very patioesque track....

Guest ALKO-HAULIC

got there around 1....ivano set up the room nicely....lawler came on and did ok.....like people said, he only played 2 hrs downstairs...left around 4 ish and came back after i took some friends home...lawler did pretty good on the patio...crowd was good...good seeing some of you....ivano played a couple of the same songs on the patio that he played in the main room...but other than that, he did ok...gino did a really good job too on the patio.....he had our little crew rocking out...

gino skullfucked the main room after lawler.....he was rocking that shit nasty..

i still love that rodamaal - insomnia (ame) track...sounds sooo good on that system

thx ariel for the tix...always appreciated as you know...funny thing is when i left space i found 8 drink tix on the street....they went to good use when i went back to space..lol

i need to know that song that gino played (i think)...something that goes "im in love with you" or something like...very patioesque track....

That track is atrium in love with you mo'fo!!!! i told you yen times yesterday. ill im it to you. was i at space yesterday??? what happened?? where are my keys???? im going into retirement.

Guest ddg

That track is atrium in love with you mo'fo!!!! i told you yen times yesterday. ill im it to you. was i at space yesterday??? what happened?? where are my keys???? im going into retirement.

its not atrium..i looked it up on juno.....it kinda sounds like it but its not....did you ever find your keys......nothing like stir fry for a sunday afternoon!!

Guest Major

It could be N-Joi - Anthem

Guest eskimogirl2005

I was still out on the water so I didn't go to Space but Lawler at Buck15 last night for the VIP party was super sick!!!

Guest ddg

It could be N-Joi - Anthem

just looked it up...its not..but thx.....

charlie says hello btw...

Guest RzO

lawler in mainroom was sick, terrace was ok, def worth going, especially for the last hour of his mainroom set...the patio was about to get sick then he stopped, at like 8:15, so oh well. Ivano coming on with body language made up and he did rock it for the hour or so i stayed of his set. good to see some peeps for a few, diego and alki, always fun , diogo, and ramon as well...hugs and kisses is still the sickest track even though ive heard lawler spin it since last wmc, it rocks especially on the patio! steve can rip a floor no matter what he is playing, technically amazing to hear, im glad i made the trip...see everyone one at nico this week, i have a feeling it will be a long one! 8)