Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Do you think this scam would work at McDonald's?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

So I was watching TV and saw that McDonalds has the game where in you pull off those tabs/games pieces off of certain products and under them is a prize. Worth up to $5 million dollars.

Here's the scam.

Go in and order a value meal. The game piece will be on the french fries.

Sit somewhere in view of a security camera. But don't sit so that the game piece is facing the camera. Sit at an angle where the camera captures your profile or the front of the game piece (any angle where they actually can't zoom into the game piece).

Now cover your fries in ketchup. In fact make somewhat of a mess on your tray. Loosen the lid on your drink.

Take the game piece off the french fries to reveal what it says. Here's where it gets tricky. Look at the game piece and look somewhat in shock. Then faint.

On your way down to the floor, make sure you spill your tray on the floor along with the game piece with the fake prize. It doesn't have to be the $5 million dollar prize (maybe a lesser value).

The ambluance will come and pick you up. After they do the workers at Mcdonald's will clean up your mess and casually throw the game piece away.

Wait a day or so. Basically until you know for certain that the trash at the Mcdonalds has been picked up and taken to the dump.

Go back to the Mcdonald's and tell the manager the reason you fainted was becasue you had a game piece with a large prize (say 1 million dollars)!

They'll look on the security camera log for that day and see you faint in reaction to winning a hige prize..

I bet they will be digging for that game piece everywhere. You can even threaten to sue them for the money/prize since they lost your winning game piece..

Think it would work?? Do you think they would pay up??

Guest rhythmburn

wow -- you put a lot of thought into this didn't you?

it would never work

you would get caught when they realize that one too many 1 million dollar prizes was given out

Guest lyrik

No but you could sue them for causing you to faint and bust your head because of the so called winning prize...and prob. make more than if you had actually won...you just have to be willing to sell the part and bash yourself pretty good....remember the Hot Coffee Chick that sued them because it didn't state anywhere on the cup or lid contents were hot...hmmm...hmm...yaaaaa.

Guest rhythmburn

No but you could sue them for causing you to faint and bust your head because of the so called winning prize...and prob. make more than if you had actually won...you just have to be willing to sell the part and bash yourself pretty good....remember the Hot Coffee Chick that sued them because it didn't state anywhere on the cup or lid contents were hot...hmmm...hmm...yaaaaa.

very good point

Guest coach

Lyrik, come on, you're smarter than that. I know you know the truth of that suit because I posted it here a while back. There is a huge difference between faking an injury and actually sustaining 2nd degree burns over large parts of your privates.

Guest lyrik

Lyrik, come on, you're smarter than that. I know you know the truth of that suit because I posted it here a while back. There is a huge difference between faking an injury and actually sustaining 2nd degree burns over large parts of your privates.

Hey...HEY...HEEEEEEEY...who said anything about faking an injury...that of course would have to be real...thats where "selling the part" comes in....ya gotta be willing to at least knock yourself the fuck out!

Guest swirlundergrounder

wow -- you put a lot of thought into this didn't you?

it would never work

you would get caught when they realize that one too many 1 million dollar prizes was given out

I put about 5 minutes of thought into it and typing it....

It doesn't have to be a $1 million dollar prize. I could be something more believable like a $75K prize or something...

You can't get to greedy now.

Guest Slide On The Ice

It wouldn't work. They could say that you got surprised over anything, or that you reacted to the card because you misread it or mistook it for a winning card. They could easily say that your getting all worked up was because you mistook the card for a winner and that your reaction proves nothing. It's like calling up the lottery office and yelling over the phone "I won, I won, I won!!!!! My dreams have come true!" and then claiming that you lost the winning ticket but they have proof that you won simply because you yelled like a looney tune into the phone. It don't prove you had a winning ticket. I mean, you can put a cat in the oven but that don't make it a bisket. Plus, Im sure they have some idea of where the winning tickets got distributed, to the general area at least if not the restaurant.

It would be funny though if after you were taken to the hospital the shmoe at the next table had the winning ticket after all, and then you tried to sue him claiming that he stole your ticket after the paramedics took you away, because he had seen you act all excited and bang your head.

Guest Slide On The Ice

you're better off ordering a large cup of coffee and spilling it all over yourself...and sueing them by saying it was too hot...like that old lady did a few years back

Or say that the spilled coffee was so hot when it scalded your testes that it caused you to drop your million dollar winning ticket...which you tried to bend over to pick up off the floor but you lost your balance and fell on your side...because eating McDonalds gave you a fat ass. Then you could sue them for all three problems, the lawsuit trifecta. ;D

Guest swirlundergrounder

It wouldn't work. They could say that you got surprised over anything, or that you reacted to the card because you misread it or mistook it for a winning card. They could easily say that your getting all worked up was because you mistook the card for a winner and that your reaction proves nothing. It's like calling up the lottery office and yelling over the phone "I won, I won, I won!!!!! My dreams have come true!" and then claiming that you lost the winning ticket but they have proof that you won simply because you yelled like a looney tune into the phone. It don't prove you had a winning ticket. I mean, you can put a cat in the oven but that don't make it a bisket. Plus, Im sure they have some idea of where the winning tickets got distributed, to the general area at least if not the restaurant.

It would be funny though if after you were taken to the hospital the shmoe at the next table had the winning ticket after all, and then you tried to sue him claiming that he stole your ticket after the paramedics took you away, because he had seen you act all excited and bang your head.

Calling over the phone and acting excited is one thing. But having visual evidence of you reacting to the winning ticket is another thing...

Guest dahzel

the winning tickets have bar codes or serial numbers on them. they would already know the region in which the winning tickets were. what would you do when the real winning tickets were found and it all didn't add up at corporate? it would end up in a law suit w/ you at the other end of it!!

Guest swirlundergrounder

the winning tickets have bar codes or serial numbers on them. they would already know the region in which the winning tickets were. what would you do when the real winning tickets were found and it all didn't add up at corporate? it would end up in a law suit w/ you at the other end of it!!

Well there go's that idea. I did not know they had bar codes on them. It would have worked in the 80's... :P