Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Don't phuck with Fort Lauderdale Police!

Guest dahzel

they has one of these at ultra a couple of years ago. it was at the far south end of the park but i couldn't tell if anyone was in it

Guest pod

maybe they are saying "you don't got shit on us miami dade, wsup biautch!"

MPD has these. They leased a few out to MBPD during Memorial Day.

Guest swank

Mobile Police Tower air conditioned and all....they use it to oversee 'speeding' there was one in the publix parking lot (Griffin Road West) for the longest time.

Where they can't use radar from the ground....they strategically(hide it) place it where they can video tape and clock you at the same time from the air. You'll always notice the chase cars a few blocks passed the rig. :(

Guest pod

miami dade can't afford them like ft laud can a "regular" day like today?

MBPD not MDPD, I'm sure Miami-Dade has a few of these.

Guest michael^heaven

i'd hate to be a cop in one of those during a riot because that thing is gonna tip right over

Ever see a hunter's tree stand? Almost identical. Perfect for crowd/riot control. Sniper!!

Guest coach

Yeah, seen 'em plenty around in Miami area. Disney has quite a few, too. They are cool because they go up and down like a cherry-picker.

Guest saintjohn
so do the cops actually sit inside of that thing?

Hollywood PD sets them up them in various parking lots all over the city (Oakwood Plaza, et cetera). I think the theory is that someone might be up there watching (that window tint is extra dark for a reason), so people will go somewhere else to steal car stereos. Cheaper than a helicopter, anyway.

Guest coach

so do the cops actually sit inside of that thing? im sure it would have to be some 4'11 dude...i deff wouldnt be able to fit inside haha

Yup they do.

Guest xmuzik

it's a high rise donut eater robocop lifter all in one that looks like something the ewoks would attack in the battle for endor