Clubplanet Nightlife Community

James Holden Listening Party Oct-28-06 Miami

Guest tantrix

Guest Seb

As much as I like new, fresh and experimental music I find it hard to get into Holden, he puts me to sleep. I mean at what point do you differentiate cool and fresh with just boring music? It's like art, very subjective. But then again I feel alot of art nowadays is crap but people buy into it b/c are afraid to criticize it; probably b/c they feel that they just arent art savvy and cant recognize art when they see it. You go to one of the gallery nights in Wynwood or Gables and 95% of the art there is pretty crappy and overpriced.

Excellent post, I couldn't have said it any better ;D People love to hype up the most obscure dj/producer/artist just because it makes them feel like they are in the in and have some greater appreciation than others do. When in reality the music is just plain boring and so specialized in one particular sound thats lost any type of value. But hey thats just my opinion 8)

Guest Adam Singer

wow thanks for the promotion help ::)

im not on your payroll, and this is a public forum

when you promote something on a public bulletin board you open yourself to criticism

welcome to the internet

oh really? wow thanks. the internet?

my bad son i was just hoping for a little more maturity that's all. if it was an open discussion about the dj then i would understand but talking smack on a thread that someone is promoting an event in is simply weak. hope to see you there hoss. ::)

hey i specifically never said anything bad at your thread anyway, and still havent...but realize people will 'talk smack' in any thread

its part of internet banter, you must not promote on the web much - if you post things on a forum or blog you are going to get both sides of the mix, its a discussion board...

if you dont want anyone discussing it then get paid placement...

bro, first of all, i post on other message boards all the time and this has nothing to do with netiquette. (check floridadnb.com if you really want to)

second, we are talking about a listening party. holden is not actually playing at laundry bar even.

criticize the dj all you want in another thread but not the thread i am trying to host an event in.

most people who dont like something just dont respond in that thread because nobody really cares for negativity. at least i don't.

lol, if you post on florida dNb then you should have thicker skin than all of us ;)

Guest tantrix

well regardless thanks for helping keep this at the top for more people to see it when they come to the forum.

have a good weekend everybody!

Guest Cosmigonon

As much as I like new, fresh and experimental music I find it hard to get into Holden, he puts me to sleep. I mean at what point do you differentiate cool and fresh with just boring music? It's like art, very subjective. But then again I feel alot of art nowadays is crap but people buy into it b/c are afraid to criticize it; probably b/c they feel that they just arent art savvy and cant recognize art when they see it. You go to one of the gallery nights in Wynwood or Gables and 95% of the art there is pretty crappy and overpriced.

Excellent post, I couldn't have said it any better ;D People love to hype up the most obscure dj/producer/artist just because it makes them feel like they are in the in and have some greater appreciation than others do. When in reality the music is just plain boring and so specialized in one particular sound thats lost any type of value. But hey thats just my opinion 8)

+2

Guest Juniper

one of the best mixes of '06 thusfar.. imo he ended the prog scene with Balance 05

a bit late for a listening party (was released in early march?)

Guest tantrix

one of the best mixes of '06 thusfar.. imo he ended the prog scene with Balance 05

yea a little late to say the least but in another thread i posted with a list of other system recs cd's recently released the James Holden one got the most positive feedback so i decided to go with that one for the listening party. who would have thought it would have opened this can of worms though. ::)

holden's cd was like a whole cd worth of opening set music.. I was like, ok, lets go to track 2 to see if he kicks up, nope, ok, 3, 4, 6, 8, 9, the whole fucking cd went no where!!!!

It reminded me of some vintage Jr, but jr's cd were ecletic but had energy, Holden's was boring like he was trying too hard to make it perfect...

Guest ramon

yea a little late to say the least but in another thread i posted with a list of other system recs cd's recently released the James Holden one got the most positive feedback so i decided to go with that one for the listening party. who would have thought it would have opened this can of worms though. ::)

i'm happy you are doing it .. the cd has taken forever and a day to get released domestically .. actually mandy's next installment of the series is out this week in the UK ffs.

best of luck regardless .. the cd is mint and holden is an amazing producer and has become quite the dj.

this cd is definitely not for everyone, but if you have an open mind and would like to venture inside the brain of mr holden you will enjoy.

Guest corradi

[/quote

when you promote something on a public bulletin board you open yourself to criticism

welcome to the internet

my bad son i was just hoping for a little more maturity that's all. if it was an open discussion about the dj then i would understand but talking smack on a thread that someone is promoting an event in is simply weak. hope to see you there hoss. ::)

hey i specifically never said anything bad at your thread anyway, and still havent...but realize people will 'talk smack' in any thread

its part of internet banter, you must not promote on the web much - if you post things on a forum or blog you are going to get both sides of the mix, its a discussion board...

bro, first of all, i post on other message boards all the time and this has nothing to do with netiquette. (check floridadnb.com if you really want to)

second, we are talking about a listening party. holden is not actually playing at laundry bar even.

criticize the dj all you want in another thread but not the thread i am trying to host an event in.

most people who dont like something just dont respond in that thread because nobody really cares for negativity. at least i don't.

Wow.... this dude isn't even playing there????? :o I've been replaced by an opening set ..... performed by a cd player. Good Luck ::)

Guest tantrix

[/quote

welcome to the internet

Wow.... this dude isn't even playing there????? :o I've been replaced by an opening set ..... performed by a cd player. Good Luck ::)

i have never heard you spin so i really can't answer that one. i assume you are good or else juan wouldn't have you on at all.

please tell me you are kidding though. i don't think you were replaced though man.

Guest LaundryBar

lol...JC you werent replaced! You are playing still after this CD!! John remember when I told you it had to be early so that the residents could play? JC is that resident.

Guest tantrix

lol...JC you werent replaced! You are playing still after this CD!! John remember when I told you it had to be early so that the residents could play? JC is that resident.

oh ok gotcha. well i look forward to hearin his set because this is actually the first saturday night i will have been to the LB so i never heard him play.

it's generally an all house night saturdays right?

Guest tantrix

Sorry to Tantrix and Juan. I was having a shitty day and read the post. It caught me off guard. See you Saturday. :)

that happens to me all the time with work and i end up venting on message boards so i know what you mean man.

TONIGHT!!!