Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Shopping for Luggage

Guest Devilicious

Guest Devilicious

I know this is pretty random, but I'm in desperate need of some sturdy, reasonably priced luggage. Anyone have advice? Thanks in advance :)

Guest JMT

all i know about luggage is that i have travelpro and have had to send pieces back a couple times because the suitcase handles broke while i was on a trip.

Guest endymion

I know this is pretty random, but I'm in desperate need of some sturdy, reasonably priced luggage. Anyone have advice? Thanks in advance :)

You can get some really great deals in some of the crappy little independent stores, like between Washington and Collins on Lincoln in South Beach, or the little ones in downtown Miami. I have a closet full of pretty nice pieces, not counterfeits, from a couple of different places like that on the beach.

Guest endymion

And remember to get them in a different color other than black cause you'll never find them on the conveyor belt.

Very wise words.

Guest Electric Eel

Marshalls

Good call. Along those lines, Loehmann's might work too

I got my whole Kenneth Cole set at TJ Maxx. You remember, the burgundy suitcases. I love them. And remember to get them in a different color other than black cause you'll never find them on the conveyor belt.

i totally agree, just dont get anything too light, I got a beautiful salmon colored nine west suitcase from Marshalls which now after one trip already has black marks all over it. booo

Guest ramon

try the samsonite outlet in sawgrass .. i got mine there and it was buy one get the second one half off.

so i got 2 pieces one for week long trips and one for weekend getaways :)

Guest Electric Eel

Samsonite and Tumi are good bets on decent + sturdy luggage.

Loehmanns, Ross, TJ Maxx and Costco is where i'd go.

Tumi is great, if something breaks due to the manufacturing you send them your broken luggage and they send you a brand new one for free

Guest swirlundergrounder

Samsonite and Tumi are good bets on decent + sturdy luggage.

Loehmanns, Ross, TJ Maxx and Costco is where i'd go.

Tumi is great, if something breaks due to the manufacturing you send them your broken luggage and they send you a brand new one for free

Tumi is pricey but they do take care of exhanges well.

If you travel a lot their bags are worth the money. If something happens to your bags they'll fix em' 4 free.

Guest web_norah

Tumi is worth every cent, if you travel a lot and need a good case, definitely a good buy.

Samsonite, i've dealt with their warranty, no problems also.

Guest Devilicious

excellent, thanks for all of the advice guys!

I'mma hit up the shops on the beach tonight, and if I don't find what I'm looking for, Loehmann's on the weekend :)