Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Where are the American mercenary bounty hunters?

Guest endymion

Guest endymion

Barbarino, you're saying that there are places that terrorists can hide. They can go and they can hide, and they can attack us with impunity, and we are powerless to do anything?

We're supposed to have totally transformed our way of thinking about world politics and the priorities of our entire country, and we're supposed to put our unwavering faith in our government on national security issues, but we're also supposed to pretend like we don't notice that nobody seems to even be out there trying. At all.

People say 'look, we were attacked, that changed everything'. Fine. So where is the program to kill bin Laden and Zawahiri? There isn't one? Not a US military mission, not a private mercenary contract, not a proxy mission by Pakistanis or Afghanis. There is nothing. Zero. Terri Schaivo got more attention from our government than bin Laden last year. I just don't get it.

Guest JMT

just because you dont know of a group tracking him down doesn't mean there isn't one.

openly announcing it and/or its progress would make very little sense.

Barbarino, you're saying that there are places that terrorists can hide. They can go and they can hide, and they can attack us with impunity, and we are powerless to do anything?

We're supposed to have totally transformed our way of thinking about world politics and the priorities of our entire country, and we're supposed to put our unwavering faith in our government on national security issues, but we're also supposed to pretend like we don't notice that nobody seems to even be out there trying. At all.

People say 'look, we were attacked, that changed everything'. Fine. So where is the program to kill bin Laden and Zawahiri? There isn't one? Not a US military mission, not a private mercenary contract, not a proxy mission by Pakistanis or Afghanis. There is nothing. Zero. Terri Schaivo got more attention from our government than bin Laden last year. I just don't get it.

There is only one way to get UBl, invade Pakistan, so unless you want to do that, he will stay there until he dies....

People should get use to this notion, whether it be a Dem or Rep in the white house, we can't get him, we can only isolate him or wait for him to slip up.

Guest endymion

just because you dont know of a group tracking him down doesn't mean there isn't one.

Five years later, yes it pretty much does mean that. It means that for the last five years there was either no effort or that the effort failed.

Barbarino, if you invade with an army then they flee. Like they fled Afghanistan. Frank Hamer didn't lead an army against Bonnie & Clyde, if he had then they would have just fled. He tracked them down with a small team and shot them dead. We can't find a couple of guys who release a video tape taunting us every few months? Or we're not really trying?

Five years later, yes it pretty much does mean that. It means that for the last five years there was either no effort or that the effort failed.

Barbarino, if you invade with an army then they flee. Like they fled Afghanistan. Frank Hamer didn't lead an army against Bonnie & Clyde, if he had then they would have just fled. He tracked them down with a small team and shot them dead. We can't find a couple of guys who release a video tape taunting us every few months? Or we're not really trying?

We've gotten their couriers before and some of their higher level guys in that missille strike, so we are doing something, but ultimately, UBL will never be caught, however he is so isloated he is meaningless except for symbolic target. His #2 is the guy to get.

If you watched the 60 mins show of the 4 NYC EMTs who are in Pakistan helping the Quake victums, you'll see how vast the land is and how hard it would be to catch anyone up there.

watch here, upper right hand corner.

Guest JMT

we cant even find people hiding within our own borders. all due respect, but id rather take the opinion of experts on the matter.

on a CNN special not long ago, a top bin laden tracker (i forget his name) estimated he is in a tribal province of pakistan near the afghan border that is so lawless and violent the pakistani government doesnt even bother stepping foot inside. the region basically governs itself and has stong support for OBL among possibly 1 million inhabitants.

Guest endymion

I hear what both of your are saying and I'm not fighting you on it. But I want to point out that you're both saying that America can be attacked with impunity. You're saying that yes, he can run and hide. He can taunt us every few months and there's nothing that we can do about it. And when he hits us again, we'll still be powerless. Two of our most vocal war hawks are saying that we've been defeated.

I hear what both of your are saying and I'm not fighting you on it. But I want to point out that you're both saying that America can be attacked with impunity. You're saying that yes, he can run and hide. He can taunt us every few months and there's nothing that we can do about it. And when he hits us again, we'll still be powerless. Two of our most vocal war hawks are saying that we've been defeated.

Does catching UBl mean that we have won?