Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Bling's Review of Blaze, Lil Louie Vega, Three & Harvey@ Pawn Shop(WITH PICS)

Bling

First off huge thanks to Alan T, Andrew and Shawn for looking out for me this evening. Got there around 1030 still empty but the music was already on. Blaze was playing extremely jazzy and deep while back in the Aquabooty room Three was already playing.

So i went out back where Andrew and Shawn were setting up and hung out for a bit. Once it got a bit more crowded, went back to check Three out

Three:

Never heard Three before except thru online mixes. He played great. Veryyyyyyyyyyyy unique. cant explain his music selection it was like very dark melodic, quirky technoish. Never too hard, he played these weird tracks that had like raindrop sounds background sounds.

good stuff. On the back wall, DJ Harvey apparently brought a 3 hr timed loop video sequence of horror flicks. The room was also pretty damn dark and lit with red lights. very spooky Halloween feel

After hearing most of his set, I wanted to check out Blaze. At first when i got there Blaze was playing a bit too deep for me so i went out to check him out again

Blaze:

The end of Blaze's set was great.. though it was a lottttttttt of tracks that we always here like "Precious Love" and the "Jack track" it was still great and he had everyone dancing. He ended up with straight up latin/salsa type tracks (ive heard them before love em) great setup for louie

What was weird though like around 2ish it seemed to empty out. But when Louie Vega came back on it filled up nicely again

Lil Louie Vega:

STarted out really great with this tribal/latin stuff. but then he started to lose me going too tribally. Kind of like he did at Crobar two yrs back. Louie is an amazinggggggggggggg producer but as a DJ hes always up and down for me with regard to his sets.

He starts of sweet then he goes into a lull then he drops it again, everytime ive seen him hes always had this formula.

so i went to the back to check out DJ harvey for the first time

DJ Harvey:

Now this guy plays unique. I cant explain it. Its House but i havent really heard a dj play it like that before. he had some interesting tracks but it was too mellow for me. (albeit i didnt hear much of his set) as i left at 3 am. i cant really give an HONEST REVIEW of Harvey. Ill have to catch him again

Good to see Joe, Tomas, Sami, Rafi, Kelly Kel, David Reyero, JC, Dennis Baker, Pod, Ramon and others in da house.

Also in da house in his white cap. Danny Tenaglia as well as Ralph Falcon

Great bookings on behalf of Aquabooty with Harvey and Three always good to hear something really different in this town.

PICS later

So overall my fav DJ of nite... yes ill shock most of u... DJ Three ;D :)

Guest ramon

i quite enjoyed the diverse sounds like last night .. everyone from three to harvey to louie all played a little bit of everything.

three played house/techno/?minimal?/experimental stuff

harvey played what i call a history of music .. i don't know if anything was from this decade. i really enjoy getting schooled. i believe.

louie was also good i only popped in a few times but i heard insomnia (ame remix) , rej , and mike dunn's god make me funky!

over thanks to everyone at aquabooty and creations for another quality event. its rare to see that much talent on display in miami outside of wmc.

Guest Diabolique

its rare to see that much talent on display in miami outside of wmc.

(pssst: tampa ;))

13.jpg

halluci limited Hedz REPREZANT!! ;D

Guest missgroovethang

This party looked rockin...

Bling, I think your review was awesome!!!

I knew you would dig Three...

neva heard anythin like that, huh?

It was so refreshing to hear your perception on Three's style..

Total Props for keepin an open mind!!! 8)

Guest 0crystal0

fabulous evening! love when three goes off on teh deep techy/minimal end of the spectrum.

christina you were missed and there in spirit. even did a shot for you :) vodka chilled of course

till next time!

Guest pod

Yeah Christina, I went half-expecting to see you there but no dice. Your other half said you were in Shit-cago.

Geez. No fucking courtesy.

Just kidding, we love you. Maybe. ;D