Clubplanet Nightlife Community

cool slide show to see of ur bored.....

poysoniv

Guest swank

And pull over Lamborghinis.

Bn_CHbqYq9o

Impersonating a law officer.....yah! that'll get you some nice prison (not jail) time.

Guest pod

It was during the Gumball 3000. They did it to fuck with another driver. Same car in the pic with the RCMP logos on it. No one with half a brain would believe this guy in broad daylight. Hell, what cruiser, foreign or domestic, has sponsorship logos on it? (Sidebar: there was a Fark thread a few years back about some PD that was seriously considering selling ad space on their cars...)

I'm sitting here waiting for a flight (hence random reading) and did a little research on this guy (Alex Roy), he's won a few of the past Gumball rallies actually. From what I gather, excepting sabotage and direct collisions with other racers, anything goes in this race, and yeah, he'd be in jail right now if the cops caught him snagging the Lambo. Though I'm sure he's got the money now to make bail...entering a viable car in the Gumball doesn't look cheap. The cops have a field day when these guys come through, there probably isn't one veteran driver who hasn't spent at least a few days in the clink while racing.

And yes, I would get a big kick out of pulling over Hialeah rice racers and other delinquents on Miami roads.

AlexRoySKSpEmb726.jpg

Same car with Guardia Civil on the side. Obviously fake with that "Contragumballvenganza' on the bottom, and the GC doesn't hire hot chicks or wear orange.

All of the sudden, I wanna be a rally driver.

M5Trocadero1500.JPG

It's $550.00 though.

Sweet cop car, that model m5 happens to be my fav, however, sorry to correct you Pod, but real Rally drivers don't drive that. And before you say anything the Gumball 3000 technically is not a "rally" The world rally championship(WRC) is held in Europe, Asia and Africa, outdoor in the wilderness. Dirt, mud, snow, gravel, ice, rain, you name it. So challenging in fact that each car has two occupants; a driver and a navigator to read him the map and tell him where to go. It's man and machine versus nature, not a closed racetrack. If they catch a flat tire, guess what? no pit crew, they have to change it themselves!!

Most Americans don't know that because they're too busy watching archaic racing like Nascar. On the rally circuit, these cars are driven:

All wheel drive,turbo and 0-60 in 3 secs flat.

Subaru Impreza wrx sti.

untitled.jpg

Peugeot 206 Rallye

206_wrc.jpg

Ford(of europe) Focus wrc rally car

JAP20STOB202.jpg

Mitsubishi lancer evolution WRC rally car equipped with snow tires on scandinavian stage.

WRC-8_500pxl.jpg

And of course the car that started it all, the car that was the first to use all wheel drive in rallying and shocked the world:

The 1982 Audi Quattro

urquattro.jpg

So some of these Rally cars that are now finally sold in the states such as The Subaru impreza wrx STI and The Mitsu Evolution are not merely wanna be performance cars or "rice rockets" like you so candidly put it. These are seriously fast and rugged cars that are tried, tested and raced in crazy conditions. And they are quick as hell, go test drive one and i guarantee you'll pee in your pants. Not your typical Hialeah honda poseur with no power and stickers.

Guest pod

While stuck on the curb waiting for a stupid shuttle, I did a little more reading. You're right, the Gumball really isn't a rally, as there isn't any special prize for first place. They give out prizes for 'best car', 'spirit', etc...I just got a kick out of this guy totally fucking with people as he drove the race, which seems to be how it is run, almost like 'who cares what happens as long as you have fun doing it'.

Real rally racing looks like fun too. I can't drive so I guess I could be the navigator.

While stuck on the curb waiting for a stupid shuttle, I did a little more reading. You're right, the Gumball really isn't a rally, as there isn't any special prize for first place. They give out prizes for 'best car', 'spirit', etc...I just got a kick out of this guy totally fucking with people as he drove the race, which seems to be how it is run, almost like 'who cares what happens as long as you have fun doing it'.

Real rally racing looks like fun too. I can't drive so I guess I could be the navigator.

LOL. Fuck yeah it looks fun. And the pictures don't even do it justice. You should watch it on speed tv live when season comes around in february. The first one kicks off in Monte Carlo. The in car cams are my favorite.