Clubplanet Nightlife Community

the knife!!!

ryan2772

Guest durrtylexx

the knife = genius

btw

from xlr8r

The Knife Releases DVD Today

While the old-guard of music aficionados were busy being jaded and waiting for their spots on the guest list to appear, a new generation of indie rock kids quietly snuck up to the box office windows and grabbed up all available tickets to live shows by The Knife. Nary an open ticket could be found a good month and a half leading up to more than one of the shows on the brother/sister duo's brief US tour.

What good fortune then, that the Stockholm-based duo is releasing Silent Shout: An Audio Visual Experience, available starting today. The title is blessedly self-explanitory for the DVD of performance footage and videos, all from this year. At the moment the good are only available to those in Sweden, but an alleged release date of November 21 has been floating around the web of late. Should that rumor prove untrue you'll have to order a copy online and hack your DVD player! At least you'd still get to see the show.

knifedvd.jpg

Guest durrtylexx

that's some creepy shit, i love it

they remind me a lot of tool

yea dude they are freakin weirdo's, i love their dark gothy electro sound.

they remind me of tool as well.

Guest Philip

they are pretty intense. alot of good remixes of their stuff out this year. one of my favs being Heartthrob's remix of "Like A Pen".

Guest durrtylexx

they are pretty intense. alot of good remixes of their stuff out this year. one of my favs being Heartthrob's remix of "Like A Pen".

i liked the shumacher remix of like a pen a bit more..

my favorite remix is radioslave's remix of we share our mother's health.

Guest lyrik

Eh...can't say I dig them really...don't know about the tool comparison either...maybe a bit Portishead in my opinion...I just don't get into the retro synthy rock type stuff...its sounds all too processed and not the least bit organic...the visual stuff was pretty cool...but I can say a pass for me.

Guest AlanS

Yeah, the live clips look a lot like Tool on stage. They're definitely out there, and very unique. Not every day listening for me by any means, but something about them has grabbed my attention from the start.

Guest lyrik

retro synthy rock type stuff

its electro. the real deal kind of electro

Ya I hear ya...but electro for me is blah...for my taste it could have just stayed back with herbie hancock...a lot of the clips of this band just sounded like sampled old school atari or coleco vision...like pole position...for me I can do without another wave of new wave...the friggin emo fegs are already getting on my nerves.

Guest lyrik

don't know about the tool comparison either...

i was refering to their performances...they are very similar to tool in this regard

si...ya pretty cool from the visual aspect...but then again I make fun of kids that stare at the binkly lights too long.

Guest Philip

don't know about the tool comparison either...

i was refering to their performances...they are very similar to tool in this regard

I make fun of kids that stare at the binkly lights too long.

me 2! ;D