Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good read.

Guest pod

Guest coach

What a racist pussy fuctard. THIS is exactly why I hate blogs. Any dipshit can say any asanine nonsense and it is automatically ascribed some authority because it is on the web. Moreso nowaday because it is a "blog."

I wonder if they would delete my comment if I said something like, "Go back to your KKK meetings in the midwest you fucking pussy racist fuctard."

Guest lulamishka

ive had to do some work in hialeah on occasion. he's not far off, for that area.

Well, Hialeah is a TOTALLY different story. LoL!

But I live on a "numbered street in the triple digits" in Dade County and its not nearly as bad as this guy is saying. It all depends on what area you're in.

Guest pod

Hehe and the first thing he usually says is 'I'm not a racist'.

The point I think he's trying to make is that Miami is hardly what the tourist brochures make it out to be. I'll totally agree that a lot of people need to go west of 95 to see how the area really works.

Guest Electric Eel

i've lived here my entire life, it's not as bad as he says.

Agreed.

Think about our adventure getting our halloween costume together including purchasing the fabric. If we didn't have someone that spoke spanish it would have taken aloooot longer to get what we needed.

I definitely dont think all parts of west miami are like that but there are times when I get so frustrated because some people dont speak english.

Guest pod

More:

Service keeps Miami hotels from getting 5 star ranking.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15975232.htm

The Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau plans to spend $225,000 over two years on a new customer-service initiative that will include television spots urging residents to be more hospitable to visitors. Hotel managers say a tight labor market and a heavy concentration of non-English speakers make customer service an uphill fight.

Guest lulamishka

Agreed.

Think about our adventure getting our halloween costume together including purchasing the fabric. If we didn't have someone that spoke spanish it would have taken aloooot longer to get what we needed.

I definitely dont think all parts of west miami are like that but there are times when I get so frustrated because some people dont speak english.

I later said:

But I live on a "numbered street in the triple digits" in Dade County and its not nearly as bad as this guy is saying. It all depends on what area you're in.

:-*

But yea, the Halloween costume fabric shopping was in a heavily Hispanic populated area. Where I live I don't have as many issues as we had in that area and as this guy is stating in his blog.

Guest coach

The point I think he's trying to make is that Miami is hardly what the tourist brochures make it out to be.

It depends. For the *tourists* it IS what the brochures say, and a lot more. Of course, for locals the experience is different. I would say better, but that's me.

But if all he is saying is that Miami is not what the tourist brochures make it out to be, that is even stupider. I mean, that is a given for any city. Everyone knows that tourist agencies highlight the best of a city and only focus on the "touristy" stuff. Why do we need a big blog to tell us this?

Guest Electric Eel

Agreed.

I later said:

:-*

But yea, the Halloween costume fabric shopping was in a heavily Hispanic populated area. Where I live I don't have as many issues as we had in that area and as this guy is stating in his blog.

We weren't costume shopping in hialeah, lol

He is definitely making a huge generalization which is not true for all areas. I grew up on a triple digit street by the Falls and that is definitely not a spanish only area. He's probably talking about Westchester north up to Hialeah, lol

Guest pod

The irony of his posts are that he lives in Little Havana. I don't consider White Dade an out and out racist. Sometimes it's a little over the top, but it is an interesting perspective on how someone who is not Latin or Caribbean lives in this area.

Guest pod

The Miami area is just an ethnic enclave writ large. Think Chinatown or whatever. Basically, due to various situations, people of a certain ethnic bent glommed in around here, and made a situation where they weren't required to learn the majority language of the surrounding country.

Where this came from is the fact that the US does not have an official language as defined by law. By common consent, the language is English, but it isn't legally defined at the federal level. Hence, you get a whole lot of people, Latin or whatever, who cannot reliably speak English, and have no reason to learn, since they're in an area where it isn't really required.

If this were Germany, France, or the extreme case of Japan, you'd have to learn that country's language in order to get anything done at even a basic level. Hell, Japan takes it one step further. They require you to change your name to something Japanese in order to have permanent residence in the country. Your name could be David Smith, but if you move to Japan, you'd have to become Takeshi Fujimori or something.

Guest slamminshaun

More:

Service keeps Miami hotels from getting 5 star ranking.

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/15975232.htm

The Greater Miami Convention and Visitors Bureau plans to spend $225,000 over two years on a new customer-service initiative that will include television spots urging residents to be more hospitable to visitors. Hotel managers say a tight labor market and a heavy concentration of non-English speakers make customer service an uphill fight.

How many times have you heard me say it? Miami, has the worst service of any city I've ever been to. Whether it be nightclubs, restaurants, bars, hotels, or McDonald's, everyone acts like you owe them a living......leading me to my next rant.

Since the real estate boom of the past few years, many people have moved to my city from Miami and have brought their fucked up Miami attitude with them. Seems like every restaurant now has at least one employee who feels their shit don't stink. I thought New Yorkers had an attitude problem.....people moving here from Miami make New Yorkers seem like choir boys. The cool thing about it though is that they typically end up fired. This ain't Miami...we don't have to put up with your sassy attitude here.

Guest slamminshaun

Don't forget though, it's every Miami resident's right and duty to bilk over tourists. Especially Whitey.

That's my point....they seem to think they can pull that shit in small cities like mine after they move here. Uh-uh...ain't happenin! Whitey's rules apply now beyotch! ;D

Guest mr.miami

Problem I have is that when you go out i think you should first be greeted in english. I have some spanish blood in me but dont know spanish all that well. It does get annoying when the person starts talking to you in spanish though. IVe heard different things how even different spanish cultures are bigoted toward each other. A friend of mind used to say cubans and puerto ricans never got along and talked crap about each other.

Guest coach

The irony of his posts are that he lives in Little Havana. I don't consider White Dade an out and out racist. Sometimes it's a little over the top, but it is an interesting perspective on how someone who is not Latin or Caribbean lives in this area.

Interesting? Please. Ignernt and closeminded, sure. I guess if by "interesting" you mean "different", I would agree with that because all of the white friends that I have are neither of those things. So, he does do me the service reminding me why I moved out of redneckville.

Guest pod

Well, I wouldn't say ignorant, but let's play devil's advocate here. Wouldn't you be happier if the locals (outside of the ten block radius of your apt) spoke English by default?

Like I said, some of it is over the top, but there are a few points he has that I think can resonate with a lot of people.

Then again, a lot of it has been said before.

Guest coach
How many times have you heard me say it? Miami' date=' has the worst service of any city I've ever been to.

[/quote']Seriously, I know I have asked this before, but where the hell do you go? I rarely have bad service.