Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Good read.

Guest pod

Guest mr.miami

Im pretty lenient when it comes to things as service. As long as the environment is nice. Alot of times it annoys me when the waiters hovering around. It does bug me sometimes where i'm at a fast food joint at the cash register waiting to order and the people appear to be doing nothing but chismiandoing but other than that I'm okay.

Guest pod

Shaun is saying in comparison to the rest of the country.

I was just in Vegas from Monday till yesterday. Hands down, they have us beat six ways from yesterday in service. From the minute I got off the plane, till the minute I got back on four days later, the service in all areas was impeccable.

I get to the hotel (literally THEHotel www.thehotelatmandalaybay.com ) and check in was smooth and efficient. Oh, and guess what, the check-in person was not American by any stretch. But still, "Hello Sir and welcome to The Hotel at Mandalay Bay!". Some small talk while my reservation processed, and all the while, there's bellhops waiting for my luggage.

Guest slamminshaun
How many times have you heard me say it? Miami, has the worst service of any city I've ever been to.

Seriously, I know I have asked this before, but where the hell do you go? I rarely have bad service.

I think you're so used to shitty service you accept it as average service.

Guest pod

For sure. I think most Beach residents are just 'trained' to accept bad service. Grant it, the high-end restaurants usually come forth, but even then it is slow sometimes.

It takes a few trips out to realize the disparity in service levels. Like I was saying, when I was in Vegas, I was pretty well set, and it wasn't like I was staying in the top-level suite of the hotel, either. My room rate was pretty standard.

Guest bcnjunkie

I was just in Vegas from Monday till yesterday. Hands down, they have us beat six ways from yesterday in service. From the minute I got off the plane, till the minute I got back on four days later, the service in all areas was impeccable.

I get to the hotel (literally THEHotel www.thehotelatmandalaybay.com ) and check in was smooth and efficient. Oh, and guess what, the check-in person was not American by any stretch. But still, "Hello Sir and welcome to The Hotel at Mandalay Bay!". Some small talk while my reservation processed, and all the while, there's bellhops waiting for my luggage.

Absolutely. The service industry in Miami sucks. It's a city about attitude and service just doesn't fit the mentality of the general population. It also has somewhat to do with the latin american mentality, where cheap supercedes professional. In Miami the hospitality industry pays very little as opposed to cities like Las Vegas or New York. My customers from Conneticut have no problem paying appropriate labor fees whilst most Latin American customers (no matter how wealthy) take some convincing.

Guest bcnjunkie

Even then, it permeates. People of non-Miami descent move here and get jobs, and they're like 'Well, it's Miami so whatever...'

absolutely !!! my worst experience was with a bartender from pennsylvania who went from good to really bad including not showing up while having confirmed ... I suppose Miami will do that to you although my best staff are French, Colombian and Cuban.... Very responsible

Guest ramon

BEST VIP SERVICE EVER was in Vegas. Jet gave a whole new meaning to that. I don't think we ever ran out of ice or mixers or even redbull. They were constantly on top of it.

Guest pod

Well you were in good company. Though it does stand to reason that their VIP service is in line with their service service. I've had excellent table service here in Miami, but I can easily say it reflects on who I was with.

Guest RzO

ill agree with the vegas thing, in all my times there i had excellent service, especially at jet on mondays, which is a great little party they have btw...but in miami the few places i go i also have great service, i guess its kinda the who u know thing