Clubplanet Nightlife Community

GOOD photos from Bang??

Guest Josh Wickham

Guest Josh Wickham

I notice a couple professional photographers walking around at Bang (they had professional equip. at least) and I was wondering if anybody knows where the photos are/will be?

I'm sure you all got some good shots with your pointNshoots but I'm interested in the quality photos.

-Josh Wickham

Guest Josh Wickham

killer bro..I'm getting a d200 in a few weeks ...Maybe if you'd get back to me sometime I could shoot some parties with/for you.

Lemme know and I'll send you a portfolio.

-josh wickham

Guest pod

Actually, I would dare to say any Canon DSLR since here in the Miami area, it's so easy to find a rental house to rent the super-expensive Canon "L" optics at a fair rate.

I rented a lens this past weekend for Bang, and it saved my ass. I couldn't have gotten sixty percent of the images I did otherwise.

The gallery is published right now, I'm rebuilding the front page so it will be linked.

Guest Josh Wickham

Did you have to rent a 80-400mm lense? Didn't think you took those with a fixed lense but I also didn't think you could rent a 80-400mm

I love my 80-400...good stuff! :)

-josh

ps. where are all the pics?

Guest coach

I guess I should have posted it here, but thanks again Dan for checking us out! The pix are awesome. Here's the one's from my camera...

By the way, your show rocked! Too bad about the technical difficulties, but you sounded great, nonetheless.

Guest pod

Have you worked with that camera? What do you recomend?

The D80 is nice. A friend of mine just got it.

I'm inclined more towards Canon these days though, since they have more camera bodies in more market segments. Plus, here in Miami, there's a lot of Canon shooters who can lend you advice and perhaps sell you used gear :) ...

Josh - Yeah, send me some stuff, I'd love to see it.

Guest Josh Wickham

POD,

I really like your work. Your good.

Tech question.

I have the MInolta (Sony) 5D. Love it but find it VERY dificult to find EOM lenses and parts for it. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Nikkon d80.

Have you worked with that camera? What do you recomend?

I'm using a d80 right now with lenses from 17mm up to 400mm...the d80 works great, it operates really fast and you can get some nice pics with it. The only problems I've had (and this is a big problem IMO) is that if I bump my film speed (iso) up past 400 it starts looking real grainy. Basicly you won't be able to take quality shots in low light (like the ones POD took after the sun went down).

I would suggest getting a nice cannon or if you already have nikon lenses a better/nicer nikon..I would not suggest buying the d80.

Sweet pics POD!

I would have loved to bring my camera but they wouldn't let me in with it...they said something about already having the thing covered or something...I told them it was for my own personal use but they just wern't having any of it :) :)

-Josh