Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Turkey time!!!!

Yeah i know its early but my office is having a potluck tomorrow and i volunteered (insane, aren't I?) to make a turkey. So the bird is 11 pounds, and i had quite a bit of fun preparing it.

I made an herb butter with fresh rosemary, thyme and sage which i put under the skin. The skin can be separated by sticking a spoon under it, or your hands, I did a bit of both. Then i just spread the butter evenly. Stuffed it with some celery, carrots and half an onion. Some kosher salt and fresh ground pepper topped by a nice layer of canola oil (spray) then into the oven! Here's some pics:

Photo44.jpg

Photo46.jpg

So how do you guys normally prepare your turkeys?

Guest lulamishka

I wanna see pics when its out of the oven. :)

I've never done this before. Closest I've come is roasting a chicken. And boy was that yummy!

Guest Electric Eel

Michelle and I roasted a chicken by putting an herb butter under the skin, it was very yummy!

This year is my first year making the turkey and i'm soooo excited, I havent made my decision on which recipe i'm going to use for it but I did order by Bell and Evans bird from Fresh Market and i'm very excited about it, lol. Heard its one of the best, bell and evans

I know i'm a loser, getting excited about turkey, woohooo

Finishing up my menu tomorrow since i'll have 2 hours on a plane

Guest lulamishka

Michelle and I roasted a chicken by putting an herb butter under the skin, it was very yummy!

This year is my first year making the turkey and i'm soooo excited, I havent made my decision on which recipe i'm going to use for it but I did order by Bell and Evans bird from Fresh Market and i'm very excited about it, lol. Heard its one of the best, bell and evans

Oh wow, I forgot about that time. I was thinking of the roast chicken I made for my mom before she had her operation.

Both those chickens were yummy!

Guest swank

Oh wow, I forgot about that time. I was thinking of the roast chicken I made for my mom before she had her operation.

Do you guys add "quartered potatoes" to your roast? If not you should try.

When I roast a chicken I will add to the pan carrots, onions, garlic, and roasting potates (red). After roasting the chicken for a couple of hours the potatoes get so melt in your mouth tender and suck up all of the flavour from the broth created....hmmmmm droooool. haha.

When I roast a chicken I will add to the pan carrots, onions, garlic, and roasting potates (red). After roasting the chicken for a couple of hours the potatoes get so melt in your mouth tender and suck up all of the flavour from the broth created....hmmmmm droooool. haha.

I think im going to do that in about an hour. I have little red potatoes that will fall apart too soon.

Guest Electric Eel

Thats what my mom always does when she roasts her chicken, yummmy

So yeah, i forgot to take a pic of the gobbler after it came out. Thats ok, it was falling off the bones so it was kinda ugly.

So i figure i'm gonna have to carve the damn thing but it turns out that the meat was so tender that it came right off the bone, no need to cut a thing. Not even the breast meat. A pair of tongs and a fork was enough to pull it apart into smaller pieces.

Apparently it's really yummy, after all that prep and cooking time i honestly can't stomach more than a couple bites. Next time it needs a little more salt.

Pics of the end result to come soon!