Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Get Ready Adam!!! Sarsha is Spacey!

Guest michael^heaven

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

desperation time sets in at Space. LP never had to book these guys, now he has to for two reasons. One he has to keep Grutman away from them so when Crobar opens Dave doesn't steal these jocks and two, the avg dj that use to pack Space no longer packs Space, so they had to up the ante, the only problem is, this is it, they can't go any higher or bigger in terms of the djs they are booking. This can't and won't last long, the end is upon us.

Guest ramon

desperation time sets in at Space. LP never had to book these guys, now he has to for two reasons. One he has to keep Grutman away from them so when Crobar opens Dave doesn't steal these jocks and two, the avg dj that use to pack Space no longer packs Space, so they had to up the ante, the only problem is, this is it, they can't go any higher or bigger in terms of the djs they are booking. This can't and won't last long, the end is upon us.

considering Sasha plays in every major market except for Miami this can only be a good thing.

Guest frankthetank

Doesn't Sasha look like Lane Myer aka John Cusack?

better_off_dead_box.jpg

LP is going to be the one saying "I WANT MY 2 DOLLARS!" ;D

This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?

“I think I froze the left half of my brain! Look! I can't move my right arm!â€

considering Sasha plays in every major market except for Miami this can only be a good thing.

It's not, for example your boy Nic Fan will be on the chopping block before you know it. Miami has shunned the DJ scene so only the top 1% of jocks can draw crowds...

Ramon, you should really embrace classic rock and Sinatra, you'll be a happier man.. ;D House and Techno are dunnnn

Doesn't Sasha look like Lane Myer aka John Cusack?

better_off_dead_box.jpg

LP is going to be the one saying "I WANT MY 2 DOLLARS!" ;D

This is pure snow! Do you have any idea what the street value of this mountain is?

“I think I froze the left half of my brain! Look! I can't move my right arm!â€

What's a little boy like you doing with big boy smut like this?

Guest ramon

Nic F is set to have an amazing 2007. His productions are in every dj's box from house to techno jocks. He's booked week in and week out and I think he does rather well in Miami. There's also a few surprises in store from the man from Maidstone.

Dubfire mix of Lucky Heather is fuckin insane!!

Nic F is set to have an amazing 2007. His productions are in every dj's box from house to techno jocks. He's booked week in and week out and I think he does rather well in Miami. There's also a few surprises in store from the man from Maidstone.

Dubfire mix of Lucky Heather is fuckin insane!!

He cold re write the bible and he'll still fall off the map, his days are numbered here in Miami..

Guest Mattivi

i think your wrong barbario. my memory may be a bit hazy, but every year around this time, LP books a few big acts. for christ sakes he used to book tiesto 2-3x's a year in its heyday. not to mention everytime i go to space the place is packed to the gills. so how is business so bad? i know the condos may soon spell the end for space and block, but it wont be for a lack of money. and if it is, please divulge, im honestly interested in your response. u have good insight, info, etc, but sometimes i think u miss the mark. if space is indeed in financial trouble, its not from a lack of heads walking thru the door.

Guest pod

Opinions of Sasha aside, the way I see things, it's harder and harder to draw in a crowd for even a 'name' DJ. Outside of CJ and trainspotting land, your average clubgoer could give two shits about who Sasha is. They just wanna go out and have a good time. They're not subject to the reality distortion field trainspotters tend to project.

I was (somewhat drunkenly) talking with a friend of mine about this last night. Playing obscure tracks is all fine and dandy, but first and foremost, as a DJ on the decks at Space or wherever, you're an entertainer. LP is paying you to keep that crowd dancin', drinkin' and happy.

This isn't to say you have to drop what's hot, but at the same time, you can't totally go off into left field on your own personal journey through sound. You're not being paid to do that. You're being paid to bring your personal take on what tracks will move the crowd that is there that evening. Especially nowadays with performances via Ableton and so forth, I've seen a lot of guys attention wander. The new toys make it so easy to do so, you get obsessed with these new capabilities and pay scant attention to the fact that the crowd might just not be into whatever it is you have on at the moment.

The best DJs in the world "read the crowd". Again, it's not like "Oh shit I lost them, I'll put on 'Your Body'", but you can be like "Well, I have this cool sounding number that they'll groove to, hopefully it'll keep them happy..."

Guest myles hie

"Oh shit I lost them, I'll put on 'Your Body'", but you can be like "Well, I have this cool sounding number that they'll groove to, hopefully it'll keep them happy..."

That fecking record always works.

Guest RzO

cant wait for this, imo will be best show of year outside of wmc...between jvm, who will twist minds with his sounds and of course, Sasha, this is going to be great from 12-12, and i plan on pulling one of those loooong space nights/days...the Maven+ Sasha on the terrace!!! 8)

Guest Philip

cant wait for this, imo will be best show of year outside of wmc...between jvm, who will twist minds with his sounds and of course, Sasha, this is going to be great from 12-12, and i plan on pulling one of those loooong space nights/days...the Maven+ Sasha on the terrace!!! 8)

+1