Get Ready Adam!!! Sarsha is Spacey!

Guest michael^heaven

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Philip

i better hear some dark and nasty prog

nothing against your tastes but if thats what i hear im going home - or at least to the terrace. Sasha and Digweed played some of that stuff last WMC mega-nite in the mainroom and because that system is over-killed on the lower frequencies all i heard was thud, thud, and thud. no melody at all making its way onto the dance floor. i'll probly follow Jimmy all night anyway...

i think your wrong barbario. my memory may be a bit hazy, but every year around this time, LP books a few big acts. for christ sakes he used to book tiesto 2-3x's a year in its heyday. not to mention everytime i go to space the place is packed to the gills. so how is business so bad? i know the condos may soon spell the end for space and block, but it wont be for a lack of money. and if it is, please divulge, im honestly interested in your response. u have good insight, info, etc, but sometimes i think u miss the mark. if space is indeed in financial trouble, its not from a lack of heads walking thru the door.

They have 49087523485 promoters working to pack the place, coupled with having to book big jocks, the end is near for Space, then toss in the condos and the war zone down there, it's done. Packed clubs are never an indication of profits.

Guest spacecadet

i think your wrong barbario. my memory may be a bit hazy, but every year around this time, LP books a few big acts. for christ sakes he used to book tiesto 2-3x's a year in its heyday. not to mention everytime i go to space the place is packed to the gills. so how is business so bad? i know the condos may soon spell the end for space and block, but it wont be for a lack of money. and if it is, please divulge, im honestly interested in your response. u have good insight, info, etc, but sometimes i think u miss the mark. if space is indeed in financial trouble, its not from a lack of heads walking thru the door.

They have 49087523485 promoters working to pack the place, coupled with having to book big jocks, the end is near for Space, then toss in the condos and the war zone down there, it's done. Packed clubs are never an indication of profits.

Packed clubs are never an indication of profits. ::) So space is not making money

... and i am sure you would just love to see that happen. ::)

Guest Mattivi

so if its because a glut of promoters, why doesnt he just fire some of them? seems like a no-brainer. there is no reason for any club, even space, to have an over abundance of promoters. they dont need a gazillion promotes to pack that place. the club is just too well known no matter what, heads will pack that club in. i mean if he made money the previous 6 years before this, why not just go back to the original formula that brought u the success in the first place? i know alot of the people that made that place what it is are gone, but im sure he can find competent replacements.

the club was packed before, made money, and is packed now and isnt making money according to u. so do some trouble shooting, go back to the point where you made the adverse changes, ie hiring too much promoters, and rectify them. obviosuly the business stratgegy changed to the detriment of profits. but the one constant is that the club still packs em in. i dont see anybody drinking any less than they used to up in that piece, if anything its more, of course u wouldnt know that because u go there once every two years. maybe im just naive. but ur the club legend so u must be right :P

Guest hiram

Rev up the DeLorean and go back to 2002.

last time i saw sasha or diggers was at the UMF after party 2005. they played pretty dark to me

Guest Philip

last time i saw sasha or diggers was at the UMF after party 2005. they played pretty dark to me

they definitely played some older stuff at that party like Schiller's "Ruhe". they sound proggish when they play together but Sasha wont play dark prog on his own. you will hear plenty of melody at Space.

Guest Marina22

Nic F is set to have an amazing 2007. His productions are in every dj's box from house to techno jocks. He's booked week in and week out and I think he does rather well in Miami. There's also a few surprises in store from the man from Maidstone.

Dubfire mix of Lucky Heather is fuckin insane!!

He cold re write the bible and he'll still fall off the map, his days are numbered here in Miami..

Ok, well we know you won't be writing the bible since you can't even spell or write to save your sorry ass. :P

Guest deprivation

I'll definitely be there. I've been listening to Sasha sets for years and seen him play several times. I thought his set compared to Digweed earlier this year at Crobar in NYC was boring.

Hopefully, JVM plays a great opening set as usual when he opens for Sasha or Digweed.

There's a couple of recent sets on his website djsasha.com.

Anyone got ideas on set times?

Guest hiram

they definitely played some older stuff at that party like Schiller's "Ruhe". they sound proggish when they play together but Sasha wont play dark prog on his own. you will hear plenty of melody at Space.

regardless im going. see you there

Guest Philip

regardless im going. see you there

excellent

Guest RzO

indeed, i thought that set at AAA was awesome, great tracks throughout and of course sasha closing with his crazy extended ableton edit of mr. brightside, i swear that, with those lasers is still one of the greatest moments ive ever witnessed, as for this year wmc set in mainroom the bass was waaay to heavy and yes the melodies that accompanied many of those tracks were drowned out, not to mention the feedback kept popping the speakers all night, which was annoying. as far as sasha solo this time id expect his new blend of melodic minimal and some of the proggier shit mixed in, his jjj mixup set from the other week is dope, muskat nuss ftw! , jvm, is a different story, i am hyped to see what he has in his bag.

Guest Philip

indeed, i thought that set at AAA was awesome, great tracks throughout and of course sasha closing with his crazy extended ableton edit of mr. brightside, i swear that, with those lasers is still one of the greatest moments ive ever witnessed, as for this year wmc set in mainroom the bass was waaay to heavy and yes the melodies that accompanied many of those tracks were drowned out, not to mention the feedback kept popping the speakers all night, which was annoying. as far as sasha solo this time id expect his new blend of melodic minimal and some of the proggier shit mixed in, his jjj mixup set from the other week is dope, muskat nuss ftw! , jvm, is a different story, i am hyped to see what he has in his bag.

the AAA night was one for the books! i was really surprised when it ended so soon. we expected them to go into the wee hours of the morning like the year before (Delta Heavy).

Guest Fez

i'm going for this

but i'd take Hernan Cattaneo + Martin Garcia aby day over zzZasha & Diggers...JVM can be the extra for either one, he's cool w/ me ;)

Guest Josh Wickham

They'll have to put biohazard covers on the DJ booth from all the fanboys clustered nearby.

rofl!! Adam will be right there with 'em!

-josh

Guest Adam Singer

They'll have to put biohazard covers on the DJ booth from all the fanboys clustered nearby.

rofl!! Adam will be right there with 'em!

-josh

lol, you were right there with me in orlando watching sarsha at the involved event 8)

and if you come down for this wickham maybe you'll actually call me this time !