Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Indian and Persian places to eat at....Anyone know?

Guest swirlundergrounder

Guest swirlundergrounder

I love Persian food. Indian, Afghan etc..

List your places here.

The one I go to is called 'Kabab of India' on 163rd st in NMB.

Now that I'm in Hollywood I need a new spot.

I drove by one in Griffin Rd the other day. I can't remember the name.

Anyone been there?

Guest Vitaliy

how is it? been planning on going there for years, but afraid of eating anything on 163rd (except for donuts)

Guest lulamishka

I'm not big on Indian food, but my dad mentioned a restaurant the other day...

Imlee in Pinecrest. My dad is almost as much a foodie as I am, and he said this place is very very good and is probably the best Indian food he's had here in Miami.

I know its kinda far for you... but you asked for it!

Guest Vitaliy

Moroccan Nights

Address:9555 Harding Avenue, Surfside, FL 33154

Telephone:305-865-5333

Reader Rating:Reader rating: 3.5 out of 5

Open/Close:MON-SUN 6:00 pm-3:00 am

Category:Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Bar

Meals Served:Dinner.

Cost:Expensive

Dress Code:casual

Other Info:Live Entertainment. Reservations Accepted. Reservations Recommended. Full Bar on Site. Happy Hour. Banquet Facilities.

Heard good things about it

Guest swirlundergrounder

how is it? been planning on going there for years, but afraid of eating anything on 163rd (except for donuts)

It's really good. I've been there a bunch of times. You should go. You won't be dissapointed.

Guest swirlundergrounder

Moroccan Nights

Address:   9555 Harding Avenue, Surfside, FL 33154

Telephone:   305-865-5333

Reader Rating:   Reader rating: 3.5 out of 5

Open/Close:   MON-SUN 6:00 pm-3:00 am

Category:   Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Bar

Meals Served:   Dinner.

Cost:   Expensive

Dress Code:   casual

Other Info:   Live Entertainment. Reservations Accepted. Reservations Recommended. Full Bar on Site. Happy Hour. Banquet Facilities.

Heard good things about it

I sold them one of my turntables about a year ago when they re-opened.

I tried to go in there a long time ago and the place was packed!

You sit on the floor and they have belly dancers dancing while you eat, literally a mountain of food on your plate..

Guest swirlundergrounder

Terry hit me up and I'll take you some places that you'll want to eat at every day man. You know I got a thing for desi food bro.

You're not pretty enough for me to take out... :P

Did you get my PM yesterday??

Guest swank

Terry hit me up and I'll take you some places that you'll want to eat at every day man. You know I got a thing for desi food bro.

I am of west indian descent and we also cook things like 'curry' but not the same as east "desi" indians. Our curry is actually spicier.

Alot of the west indian foods can be bought in our version of fast food restaurants called "roti shops"

In you area one of the most popular is "Joy's Roti Shop"

Guest swirlundergrounder

I am of west indian descent and we also cook things like 'curry' but not the same as east "desi" indians. Our curry is actually spicier.

Alot of the west indian foods can be bought in our version of fast food restaurants called "roti shops"

Where's that in my area??

Guest swank

Actually, I think you might be in Hollywood but this is not far...Lauderhill technically

Joy's ROTI Delight

1235 North State Road 7, Lauderhill, FL 33313

(954) 587-7700

It's on State Rd. 7 (441) South of Oakland Park blvd.

I drive from Boca some days to pick up my take-out. It's also kinda like the gossip hub of the west indian community. haha.

Guest swank

What exactly does the term "desi" mean? I've heard it before.

Oh and there are sooooooooo many indian, persian etc restaurants here in the city. Simply amazing.

"Desi" is Hindi meaning "people from India"

Guest swirlundergrounder

What exactly does the term "desi" mean? I've heard it before.

Oh and there are sooooooooo many indian, persian etc restaurants here in the city. Simply amazing.

Yes there is. There is an Afghan place that is out of this world a block off of time square (east of it) somwwhere on 41nd-45th (somewhere in that vicinity)

I can't remember the name of it. It was a little hole in the wall (the space was really narrow also). But I'm sure you would stumble across it one day...

Guest durrtylexx

Actually, I think you might be in Hollywood but this is not far...Lauderhill technically

Joy's ROTI Delight

(954) 587-7700

I drive from Boca some days to pick up my take-out. It's also kinda like the gossip hub of the west indian community. haha.

joy's is off the chain!!

beef roti with peppa :D

Guest swank

Joy's ROTI Delight

(954) 587-7700

joy's is off the chain!!

beef roti with peppa :D

WOW! glad to see other peeps recognize...respekt! I'm more of a chicken roti guy myself....but talking about respekt....what was the name of the little place you brought me to in Weston after Miguel's house party last year? All I remember was endless latin treats fried just the way I like them. ;D

Guest durrtylexx

thats panna's bakery - on the corner of weston rd and royal palm blvd (formerly arvida pkwy)

;)

next time you're in my hood hit me up and i'll take you to the bomp peruvian restaurant.. we'll eat some ceviche.

thats panna's bakery - on the corner of weston rd and royal palm blvd (formerly arvida pkwy)

;)

next time you're in my hood hit me up and i'll take you to the bomp peruvian restaurant.. we'll eat some ceviche.

Theres a peruvian spot 2 blocks away from my apt called Pio Pio Riko that is outstanding. We also order a lot from this colombian spot called La Pollera Colorada. YUMMMMMMM......

Guest swirlundergrounder

i'm colombian and i think that their food is better..

Yeah but you have the best Women...

(next to Russian women of course in case the wife is viewing this thread..lol)

Guest Fez

Lebanese food: Layali Miami(Doral)

there's 1 good Morrocan/Tunisian restaurant i went to a cpl years back, in downtown....i can't remember the name.

Guest swirlundergrounder

I ate at a nice Indian place last night called 'Royal India'

It's on Griffin Road just North or Hollywood between I-95 and 441. Closer West to 441 than I-95.

Good prices, great service and the ambience is nice if you can get a table in the back by the water...

Overall the food was good.