Live vocal pa!

w/ Monique Bingham

resident djs

DHM

+ special surprise guests

kerri_chandler6yearbluecopy_1.jpg

Aquabooty6frontcopy-1.jpg

KERRI CHANDLER NYC - USA

Kerri 'Kaoz' Chandler one of deep house music’s originators, has been injecting soul into music since the early nineties. An ambassador of the natural and instinctive 4/4 beat, Kerri's influences can be traced back to New Jersey growing up in a family of jazz musicians. His father being a respected deejay, provided Kerri with a rich background in the origins of soul, disco and the New York Underground Sound (known also as "Garage" music). Accompanying his father to the gigs, Kerri began playing records at the Rally Record Club in East Orange, New Jersey at the tender age of thirteen. Exposed to such musical creativity, it wasn't long before Kerri found himself interested in production.

Since the signing of his first single "SuperLover/Get It Off" on Atlantic records in 1991, the rest was house music history... Kerri began producing a prolific body of work that has helped coin him one of the most respected house producers in the world. This has been achieved by remaining true to his style. When listening to tracks such as the "Atmosphere EP" on Shelter Records and the seminal, "A Basement, Redlight and A Feeling" album on Madhouse, one has to marvel at Kerri's ability to not compromise his unique sound for commercial gain. His ability to blend tradition and innovation produces avant-garde music with soulful roots reaching back into the history of Afro-American music. Tradition as in the soulful roots of Jersey house, innovation as in his use of streamlined sparse arrangements and technology, Kerri masters rhythm and space piecing together vocals and instruments with uncanny precision delivering beautiful monster jams.

A spiritual man, Kerri prays before making a record. Each project is an attempt to inject his free spirit into a groove. In the expanses of his breaks the odd counter rhythm will inexplicably appear for a second and then disappear, creating fleshy excitement, not mechanical repetition. His now legendary bass-lines go from heavy and heady to playful and quirky while remaining deliriously intoxicating. His fusions, clamped to the beat of his unique thundering kick drum, redefine house music at every turn. His hooks are loving details, paying attention to horn hits, washes of synthesizers, and catchy choruses creating songs with a brutal drive.

Kerri is fascinated by technology and its application to creativity. He has built his own studio and spends hours creating new effect units and sound machines. Taking a fearless leap into millennium technology, he has recently innovated new tools and employed creative ideas designed to revolutionize the way we think of traditional deejay mixing. Kerri uses his deejay sets to inject a spirit into the dance floor. More than a mere deejay spinning records, his sets are "live" during which he remixes tracks whenever he can by incorporating keyboards, vocalists, percussionists, guitars, violins, horns, projector screens, laser synths or just his own excellent soulful voice. Armed with a lap top computer, thousands of MP3 files, his own handmade mini-mixer and a cutting-edge imagination, Kerri has been wowing audiences around the globe while inspiring debate and envy in top industry circles about his new toys.

If you think all house music sounds the same, has no soul and is just four to the floor, then I suggest you do some rethinking and check out Kerri Chandler @ Aquabooty this Saturday!

Monique Bingham

MoniqueBingham.jpg

traxsource_logo_standardcopy.jpg

Guest Sela V

It will be my first time, and I know it won't be my last. Much bang for the buck... Parking my ass on the dancefloor early to mark my turf. Azucar...

Guest missgroovethang

Congrats on your 6 funky fab years !!!

I will be in Tampa but we will all be thinking about you guys and toast to your success...

Thanks for bringing the FUNK to Miami!!!

Best of luck in the following years...

Jess

8) 8) 8)

Guest swirlundergrounder

Because of yours truly (taking a wrong turn) he missed his plane from Seattle to LA back in 1997... I wonder if he still remembers that... :P

Guest tbooty

thanks for the memories!! six years in miami goes fast... everyone have a great holiday. hope to see you all out on saturday. bump!! t

Guest Dj_Peace

Congrats on 6 years in South Florida - you all are a bunch of "stand up" guys with lots of class! YOu have consistently thrown some hellafied parties and this promises to be another one for the history books. Just makes me wonder, what or how are you guys gonna top yourselves for WMC? Looking forward to the bashment - to dance off some of this jerk turkey that wil be feasted upon! Now, I wonder if I could be one of those aforementioned (dig the Shakespearian lingo) "special guests" - eh, Tomas? Anyhoo, gotta run now -finish marinating this turkey in special island seasonings - more fiyaaaah!

Guest JoeBudious

yo peace

I bet my pork shoulder will kick you turkeys ass!!

also fyi people.

Kerri WILL have a keyboard in the booth for those who have been askin'!!

c u sat

gobble gobble

Guest djjoncowan

I'm a cookin' a pork shoulder for turkey day bump

We are cooking an Organic Turkey for Pork Shoulder Day!

BUMP!

can you put that on a pizza v?