Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Danny Tenaglia Friday the 24th TWILO

Guest Phazonian

Guest Cosmigonon

Does anyone know if they own that open area where you walk though to the entrance? That would be a cool place to finish off into a little patio area or something, it just seems like so much wasted space now.

Nice meeitng you too, and true dat!!

That's a nice space, something could be done with it...

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dudeitzdiesel

wasup with danny get on the mic after the disco track and saying..."I'm gonna play my favorite song again..."

HOT DOG DAMN DIGGY OH SHIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!

nobody get's music like that, that's wsup i got fucking tenagliad the fuck outttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!! come back soon!!! before WMC!!

Guest psboyuk

danny also sets himself apart from any and all others because of how he performs---he is VERY interactive w/ the crowd w/ the flood lights, gettin on the mic, dancin around, bein a goofball in the booth, etc.. some subtle, some not but regardless .. he is a class all his own and always has been. no one can touch him, imo. he is my #1 for sure!!! he came down to the dancelfoor fri nite for a while to give some hugs n such, that was cool too :) i had a fucking Blasttttttttttt lasted til about 10, woulda stayed but my friends wanted to go. loved the late night ... er... late morning crowd--thinned out and everyeon just bouncin around w/ out a care. pretty cool too how nyc was representin! aweomse to see so many familiar faces :)

Hey Soozin!! I didn't know you were @ Twilo!! I'm sure I missed saying Hi to a lot of people that night - was WAAAAY to busy dancing my ass off!! Truly a S.I.C.K. night. Danny has been a fav DJ of mine for a long time and that night solidifies that for me.

Has Miami finally woken up????j

;D

~Dennis

www.soulxpres.com

Guest pod

Are there any similar sounding djs around that sound like DT locally?

Danny's hard to pigeonhole, but I'd say the closest in terms of the diversity of track selection and skill is Oscar G, of course. Oscar "came up" under Danny in the early to mid 90s when Danny lived down here the first time around.

Guest mr.miami

Danny's hard to pigeonhole, but I'd say the closest in terms of the diversity of track selection and skill is Oscar G, of course. Oscar "came up" under Danny in the early to mid 90s when Danny lived down here the first time around.

I dont think oscar's stuff sounds anything remotely like DTS which is probably why I liked it so much. Either that or Space sound system is really crappy compared to twilos. Interesting history note though.

Guest pod

Like I said, they are both hard to pigeonhole, but I've heard OG play some very Danny-ish sets in his time. If anything, both are of the old school, where it wasn't necessarily about being genre specific to get booked, you just had to be "good" to get the gigs. Way back when, there was simply not enough music to start being genre-specific. I've heard both the guys span the catalog from house to trance and back again, often in the same set. I kind of lust for those days, where you could just go out and hear decent tracks and not fuss over the genre.

I think that's what makes OG one of the few DJs I'll go out of my way to see, there's always something new in his sets. I'm not a music expert or a DJ follower, but there's still a few guys in the scene I can genuinely say I'll make time for. When you get comparatively new guys playing Space and asking if Oscar will be around to hear them, you know you've got something.

Hell, the other day I was going through some ancient DJ Times issues, and they were calling Deep Dish "The Murk of the Middle East..."

RE-fu*cking-diculous!!!!

what an amazing night! the music was unreal. the sound was out of this world. the club was fantastic. crowd was cool! everything was just perfect. i left around 9 and wish i stayed longer looking back on it.

that annihilating sample was pretty dope. and thhheeerrreee isss nooooo guuueeeessstt lliiiissstt toooniiighhttt. cool shit! and Drop it Like it's Hot. Tore the place up!!!!

thanks to soozin for introducing me to some of you guys....Terry, Alki, Pod.......i may have met more, I'm suprised i remembered those 3.

I think Danny belongs in Twilo Miami. if he was to have a quarterly residence (or even better, a monthly one ;D) there,I would be there every friday that happens. Twilo and Danny= match mad in heaven.

+1

i wasn't even there but id say the same thing bout him...

RE-fu*cking-diculous!!!!

what an amazing night! the music was unreal. the sound was out of this world. the club was fantastic. crowd was cool! everything was just perfect. i left around 9 and wish i stayed longer looking back on it.

that annihilating sample was pretty dope. and thhheeerrreee isss nooooo guuueeeessstt lliiiissstt toooniiighhttt. cool shit! and Drop it Like it's Hot. Tore the place up!!!!

thanks to soozin for introducing me to some of you guys....Terry, Alki, Pod.......i may have met more, I'm suprised i remembered those 3.

LOL, we were introduced some time around 7.30 am too... ;D

Waoo, you took the words right out of my finger tips

FUCKIN UNREAL, AMAZING, RIDICULOUS AND OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!! :o :o :o :o

I had never heard a set like this in my life, wao

I even felt as I was bak in my early clubbing days, music felt so dark, crazy, and everyfuckin body was having a fuckin blast, I even told severla people how i fewlt at the moment.

I think Danny belongs in Twilo Miami. if he was to have a quarterly residence (or even better, a monthly one ;D) there,I would be there every friday that happens. Twilo and Danny= match mad in heaven.

the club has all the space in theworld to dance, the crowd was there defintely to dance, only a couple vip seatings, the sound system was fucking amazing, and this, coming froma pereson that rarely pays attention to that detail, means a lot. I hear every kick, and little noise that the tracks hade, it was just something that cannot be described with words.

Left around 8, I was just too tired, and went home, but I had a blast, specially with all the CJ'rs, old and new... ;)

Does anyone know if they own that open area where you walk though to the entrance? That would be a cool place to finish off into a little patio area or something, it just seems like so much wasted space now.

yes they do, that's y the rope is on the sidewalk, not sure how the setting was for fri night, but sat night, half of that outside area was blocked off w/ barricades and they had a big tent serving drinks, lots of chairs, couches, u could go in/out, since they try to keep it as a non-smoking club that's the area for smokers as well.

Guest sfgrl

Sorry Pod but have to disagree on this one with you. I dont think Oscar's sound is anywhere near Danny's. Danny tells a story with his music and takes you on a journey which is something very rare among all the DJ's I've listened to. Not to diss Oscar in any way but Danny is in league of his own and always will be ;). Those edits, the soul in his music, the emotions in his sets- are simply unbelievable. The way he weaves through difft. genres and keeps you on the edge- well that's DT and no one can do it like him.

Guest pod

Danny says your check is in the mail. I didn't say OG was better than Danny, I said that he's comparable if you're looking for a similar style. I'll leave the rankings to the trainspotters.

Guest sfgrl

Danny says your check is in the mail. I didn't say OG was better than Danny, I said that he's comparable if you're looking for a similar style. I'll leave the rankings to the trainspotters.

Sorry if you misunderstood me but I never said that you were implying Oscar was better than Danny. Just that I really dont see any similarities in their music. And for the record, Danny's check is no good with me- he doesn't need to pay me to talk about why he is my favorite DJ in the world.

Guest Philip

o boy. here we go...