Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Best Sushi in Town

Guest spacecadet

Guest Imolarot

Maido in Doral is very good. The fish quality is excellent and the food is very authentic Japanese. About 70% of the clientelle is Japanese as well as most of the staff and the owner who is at the restaurant most of the time. Matsuri on Bird is very good as well in terms of fish quality. Doraku in Lincoln takes it in terms of ambience and the food is pretty good, especially the rolls.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Devilicious

Went to Shoji Sushi again last night and let me tell you everything is delicious!!! And I discovered they deliver up to 41st

Rock shrimp are incredible!

Had a roll with conch in it that was very yummy, unique. I think it was called the Carribbean

salmon ceviche, very good

spicy tuna tempura was ok, not my fave

saki bombs away!

lemon sorbet & creme brulee was the perfect amount of sweet for dessert

The service was subpar, only because our server (Ryan) was not very friendly. Everything came in a timely manner and our drinks didn't go empty but his personality was pretty blah. And one of the server assistants spilled saki on my white pants.

Guest Mattivi

surprised its hasnt been mentioned but i like Tony's Sushi across the street from Mansion.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest speedway

I have experiences many of the aforementioned. But hands down, in terms of quality and authenticity, one restaurant clearly stands out:

Sushin Izakaya

It's the real deal - not only the sushi, but also some very tasty and unique Japanese dishes.

The atmosphere is simple, but fun with the head chef shouting "Hello, How are you and Thank you Come Again!" to each patron.

The ownership also has a place at the Dadeland Station mall (where the Target is) on US 1 called LAN Pan Asian Cafe that is a great value and has delicious bubble teas/smoothies.

They just opened another place called Yuga in the Gables that I am yet to go to, but is next on my list:

http://ae.miami.com/entertainment/ui/miami/restaurant.html?id=73514&reviewId=19324

Guest lulamishka

I have experiences many of the aforementioned. But hands down, in terms of quality and authenticity, one restaurant clearly stands out:

Sushin Izakaya

It's the real deal - not only the sushi, but also some very tasty and unique Japanese dishes.

The atmosphere is simple, but fun with the head chef shouting "Hello, How are you and Thank you Come Again!" to each patron.

The ownership also has a place at the Dadeland Station mall (where the Target is) on US 1 called LAN Pan Asian Cafe that is a great value and has delicious bubble teas/smoothies.

They just opened another place called Yuga in the Gables that I am yet to go to, but is next on my list:

http://ae.miami.com/entertainment/ui/miami/restaurant.html?id=73514&reviewId=19324

Both Sushin Izakaya and LAN Pan Asian Cafe get a thumbs up in my book. I've eaten, on average, at least once a week at LAN for the past month or so. Gotta make a trip back to Sushin sometime soon, though. :)

Guest Electric Eel

Sushin Izakaya

I definitely want to try out Yuga. I already love both Sushin and Lan

Went to Shoji Sushi again last night and let me tell you everything is delicious!!! And I discovered they deliver up to 41st

Rock shrimp are incredible!

Had a roll with conch in it that was very yummy, unique. I think it was called the Carribbean

salmon ceviche, very good

spicy tuna tempura was ok, not my fave

saki bombs away!

lemon sorbet & creme brulee was the perfect amount of sweet for dessert

The service was subpar, only because our server (Ryan) was not very friendly. Everything came in a timely manner and our drinks didn't go empty but his personality was pretty blah. And one of the server assistants spilled saki on my white pants.

ahhh thats where my fiance and I went on our first date :P

Guest kcariaga

indochine in brickell.

great small loungy restaurant. great music. andddd the best dragon rolls ever.

Definitely this place! It is right down the street from us. Seb and I LOVE it!!

Guest lulamishka

indochine in brickell.

Okay so I ate lunch at Indochine on Saturday with my mom & aunt...

I have been there numerous times before. Anyway, before we left, my aunt went to use the bathroom, and on her way back she peered into the kitchen (if you haven't been there before, the kitchen is on the way to the bathroom, if you're curious enough you can peek as you walk by)... When my aunt came back, she said the kitchen looked disgusting. Dirty. That she nearly vomited looking at it and if she kept on thinking about it she'd prolly vomit. She then told me to go have a look for myself, but being that we just finished eating and were on our way out of the place, I was not about to make myself sick and just kept going.

Umm... someone, please take a look at the kitchen there. I trust my aunt. She's a foodie like me and if thats the case with this kitchen, I think Indochine won't be seeing me again. :-X

Guest JMT

Tempura House in Boca Raton

Sushi Ray in Boca Raton ;)

We will have to try that one.

went there again over the weekend. its da bomb.

Maybe we will have to plan an outting soon. :)

hit up Ray again friday night. didn't care for the lobster roll i threw into the mix, but it's still my favorite sushi in PBC.

Guest macboy

indochine in brickell.

I have been there numerous times before. Anyway, before we left, my aunt went to use the bathroom, and on her way back she peered into the kitchen (if you haven't been there before, the kitchen is on the way to the bathroom, if you're curious enough you can peek as you walk by)... When my aunt came back, she said the kitchen looked disgusting. Dirty. That she nearly vomited looking at it and if she kept on thinking about it she'd prolly vomit. She then told me to go have a look for myself, but being that we just finished eating and were on our way out of the place, I was not about to make myself sick and just kept going.

Umm... someone, please take a look at the kitchen there. I trust my aunt. She's a foodie like me and if thats the case with this kitchen, I think Indochine won't be seeing me again. :-X

I don't remember if it was Gael Greene or another famous NY food critic who said that if anyone ever spent any time looking around the kitchens of the top restaurants in the world, they'd truly be horrified. The way I look at it, we roll the dice every time we put food in our mouth. Life's a gamble. :P

Guest lulamishka

indochine in brickell.

I don't remember if it was Gael Greene or another famous NY food critic who said that if anyone ever spent any time looking around the kitchens of the top restaurants in the world, they'd truly be horrified. The way I look at it, we roll the dice every time we put food in our mouth. Life's a gamble. :P

lol, you have a point there.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest LdySphynx

Hmmmmmm, when I want to eat a quick bite of Sushi and cheap at SOBE...I go to IRON SUSHI on Washington and 9th!!!

It's yummy to say the least and and again very cheap, for $20 you can stuff your face.

Hiros is yummy also there is this little place in Miami Lakes, it's in the shopping plaza where the Mcdonald's is right off the 826 on 67th Ave. Very tasty a bit pricier but good.

Here in Bogota there are sooo many good places to eat sushi, about 5 that we have gone too and have no complaints.

Ohhhh and there is also one place in Coral Gables it's on Ponce de Leon can't remember the name starts with an M that I remember, but it is GOOOOOOOOD!!!

Guest lulamishka

Stir Moon gets my approval! Good sushi/asian at a great price! For $37 bucks & change we ordered steamed vegetable dumplings, fried shrimp dumplings, spring rolls, 1 miso soup, bagel roll, popeye roll and had key lime cheesecake for dessert. Oh, and 1 Thai iced tea and 1 Thai iced coffee! :o

One complaint is that my bagel roll was bigger than I'd prefer. Too big to the point that it was hard to enjoy it. Next time I'll have to ask them to cut it into smaller pieces or something. I don't like supersized rolls. Oh, and the Thai iced coffee could afford to be a lil' stronger. Moon Thai makes a mean thai iced coffee, so I kinda expected it to be as strong at Stir Moon. Minor issue, but figured I'd mention it anyway. And I think next time I'll just order the shrimp dumplings steamed. I wasn't crazy about them being fried. OR, I'll try the fried shrimp balls next time instead. Maybe those will be better. They were good [the shrimp], but not that impressive [the batter]. Perhaps I was expecting it to be more like shumai.

The place had a sorta funky decor with all the walls being painted different bold colors and they were playing a variety of music that's pleasing to the "younger" crowd. Ha, at one point there was some hip hop song playing that kept saying 'bitch'. I couldn't believe it lol. I think it was, "throw some D's on that bitch!" or something like that lol. Too funny.

Anyway, give Stir Moon a try! I was very impressed for the quality of food I got for that price. :)