Clubplanet Nightlife Community

Is a weekly minimal night viable in Miami?

Guest Juniper

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ramon

i hate to say no , but im being realistic maybe something monthly with the right people behind it and the right residents.

best of luck.

it's really nice to see people atleast considering taking a chance with something off the radar in this town.

Guest Philip

will a miami crowd respond well to this sound? is it worth even trying?

i think one way for this to be feasible is fuse minimal sounds with a lounge type atmosphere. the general will respond to minimal if if its presented in a way that doesn't make them feel their obliged to dance to it. when it goes down in a club enviroment i find people aren't sure how to react (generally). ina lounge minimal at the correct volume can be the perfect sountrack to keeping everyone locked in a groove even while their sitting/socializing. its simply not viable to expect the general public to dance to it all night in a club enviroment though.

Guest bassdropper

well because as if trance isnt boring and slow enough, minimal comes along as slows it down even more, soon they will be offering a reduced admission for 65 and older. i wanna go nuts when i go out to shake my azzz. i left nappy time when i moved from kindergarten to 1st grade.

Guest bassdropper

you are correct there viable it can be, i guess i just gave my 2 cents, if ya wanna give me change thats fine. i can dish it out as well as take it. as far as the mami scene it has its moments, and i am grateful for what do we have. P.

Guest Philip

well because as if trance isnt boring and slow enough, minimal comes along as slows it down even more, soon they will be offering a reduced admission for 65 and older. i wanna go nuts when i go out to shake my azzz. i left nappy time when i moved from kindergarten to 1st grade.

so because your bored with minimal the entire dance scene is in jeopardy...?

Guest bassdropper

in my opinion yes, going in the wrong direction.

Guest Philip

anything is viable if there's money behind it........how else do u explain Miami's current dance scene.....

i don't see to many people putting their money behind minimal. not in this area anyway. even if it did happen you couldn't pay the average clubber to stand around and nod their heads all night to it.

Guest Philip

in my opinion yes, going in the wrong direction.

well maybe not everyone is bored with it...

Guest Juniper

I can get down with the best of them to a quality minimal set; I don't see this myth that evokes a room full of people laying around to a dj playing a 2 tone sound. minimal is a beautiful deep and intelligent genre that I would love more than anything to start hearing around here...yet time and time again I get told 'people will not go for it in miami'. That people don't give a shit about new sounds and will stay with thier precious prog/electro what have you that everyone else listens to. I feel so much that miami music is so far behind the rest of the world..

Guest mr.miami

Juniper dont worry most people dont care what the music is in miami. As long as it has a beat that can be danced to then people will go to the clubs. I'd even be able to dance to remixed pop songs if they were out somewhere.

Guest Fez

only by getting big jocks in town, and promoting the hell out of it,

a nice venue would be cool; Ink, Mynt or something that resembles Cielo[nyc] ;)

Guest Sobebeats

Every gender should have a weekly night. As MIA gets bigger, we will see more diversity.

There are numerous drug rehabs in Miaimi, use google to locate one for yourself.

Best Medical Rehab -

11890 SW 8th St, Miami, FL

(305) 221-0049

That is the one that I go to, and the only with a daily tekkno session from 6:00 to 8:00 pm. 8)

Guest slamminshaun

Minimal-specific nights would send people for the exits. However, a minimal track in the right spots of a set can send people into a frenzy. "Cat in the Bag" blew the fuck up for me last Friday in a little hick-town called Stuart....of course, I had padded the song 15 min on each side with recognizable stuff. It's not what you play, but how you play it.