Clubplanet Nightlife Community

InList ... presents ... Sound Factory!

Guest InList.com

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ezgoing74

I don't know. March is a bad month to open, you need to give yourself some time to make sure everything is working like sound system, bathrooms, that WMC can kill you. A lot refunds if you don't get that all you permits on time. You can ask anybody in this board. We have open and close a lot of clubs.

Guest InList.com

Well.... We know what it takes to make a "HOT" nightclub... But... We cannot speak about it just yet since the ball is still in motion. We are not sure if we are even going to have Sound Factory in Down Town Miami since the 24 liquid laws will no longer be active as of 2008. So we "might" open in South Beach. We are not sure, so please do not start rumors. But on the topic of being the best... Why don't you tell us (InList) what you think should be done to make Sound Factory better then the rest.

Thanks,

InList Inc

--------------------------------------------------------------

InList ... serves the entertainment and event promotion arena in a variety of ways to increase awareness of events. In addition, through the quality use of a variety of marketing and advertising tools, our mission will always have each product marketed in a unique manner that is distinctive but always of high quality and taste.

Guest InList.com

Correct.... No club in Down Town Miami knows if they will be open as well. We do not know what the politicians next step is. As long the plan to get rid of the nightlife in Down Town Miami does not go threw, we will be open for March 2007. If their bill goes threw, no club will be open. Lets see what happens.

The one thing we do know.... Sound Factory is coming to Miami!!! ;D

Guest InList.com

Well... We are nervous about Down Town Miami Politics toward nightlife.

Once again, the Dade County / Florida politicains are trying to shut down Down Town Miami and make it condos.

Can't say just yet.

Guest JustDade

This is just too good.....

First of all, you're promoting an idea of a club that counts on people to have warm memories of the pit in NY.

Then you announce a date without even having a venue.

But the thing that gets me is that you are making comments about what the City will or will not do without having the slightest clue about the actual situation.

If your goal is to sound stupid, don't worry.....your grammer and spelling have already taken care of that.

Guest mr.miami

And they were saying I was harsh. ::) Anyway you asked so let me tell you what a want at a club. I want a giant fountain in the center of it where water comes out and around it. I would also have it be like a pool with girls swimming around the fountain. And let there be some see through parts so you can see the girls legs. Also would be neat if the club did an epcot type thing where different part of the club reminded you of a different country. Id want it to be one giant dance floor and at the perimeter let there be moving sidewalks so you can get around the club without having to knock around people. Throw in some Female chorus line Dancers, Cirque soleil performers, and some Drag Queens which would make for an interesting night. I would be sitting on a nice recliner. The nice comfortable recliners would be spread out all around the club. For anyone that doesnt know * usually shows up when you type other promotion places names. So in defense of the op I dont think all the * were intended as that.

Guest coach

And they were saying I was harsh. ::) Anyway you asked so let me tell you what a want at a club. I want a giant fountain in the center of it where water comes out and around it. I would also have it be like a pool with girls swimming around the fountain. And let there be some see through parts so you can see the girls legs. Also would be neat if the club did an epcot type thing where different part of the club reminded you of a different country. Id want it to be one giant dance floor and at the perimeter let there be moving sidewalks so you can get around the club without having to knock around people. Throw in some Female chorus line Dancers, Cirque soleil performers, and some Drag Queens which would make for an interesting night. I would be sitting on a nice recliner. The nice comfortable recliners would be spread out all around the club.

Nice description.

I know a lot of the comments sound harsh, but remember, these people have seen a LOT of club owners come and go and lose millions in the process. Miami is a harsh town. Much harsher than NYC or any other city. One of the best ways to fail in this city is to ignore what the CJ naysayers say.

Pretty much the only way to survive is to hire some experienced locals to help you understand the market. If you come in and think that because you have been successful in some other city, including and especially NYC, you will be successful in Miami, you will certainly follow in the footsteps of the dozens of other folks who thought the same thing. Miami has killed off the best because of hubris.

Guest pod

My vote is open it on the beach.

You're kidding, right? Only a moron would open a club nowadays, and only an asshat on the beach.

Baaaaad investment right now. The established players are, well, established, and the market sucks.

Some people talk like they've got a pair of brass ones, but when the shit hits the fan and no one shows up, they whine that it's not their fault.

Guest fended

This is just too good.....

First of all, you're promoting an idea of a club that counts on people to have warm memories of the pit in NY.

Then you announce a date without even having a venue.

But the thing that gets me is that you are making comments about what the City will or will not do without having the slightest clue about the actual situation.

If your goal is to sound stupid, don't worry.....your grammer and spelling have already taken care of that.

I have to agree with you Dade.

Someone should tell them that Linda Haskins lost the election last week.

But then again, they probably don't know who Linda Haskins is.

Guest myles hie

My vote is open it on the beach.

You're kidding, right? Only a moron would open a club nowadays, and only an asshat on the beach.

Baaaaad investment right now. The established players are, well, established, and the market sucks.

Some people talk like they've got a pair of brass ones, but when the shit hits the fan and no one shows up, they whine that it's not their fault.

Sheesh! Let them open a club who cares? Is it your money? You run a nightlife website and your trying to tell people to not open nightlife spots? While thier promotions already leave something to be desired, its no need to get all uppity. :P

I vote the beach because imo that would be the best idea for the long term. Opening a club nowadays is risky of course, but for what they want to do why compete with 4 other megaclubs in a 8 block radius whose main attraction (24 hr liquor) will be taken away soon. Go over to the beach an plan for a future there. But your right, trying to forcast trends and set up for a long run is the most ridiculous thing anybody with an investment capital should do ::)

Guest pod

We run an entertainment website. Clubs can rise and fall but in the end it doesn't affect us. It's a textbook operation for us to regear and retarget.

People can spend their money however, that's capitalism, I'm just giving a bit of investment advice.